• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

The Ugly Side of Acid

dragonix

Bluelighter
Think taking LSD is all rainbows and unicorns once it takes you far out in LaLa Land?

Think again amig0:

Nobody with any real brains and living in the real world thinks LSD is just pure goodness, no risks, negative effects, outcomes, casualties.

Ofc there are, have been, always will.

I have surely taken more than 200 mg’s at least in my lifetime, and I do not exhibit any single sign of drug impairment or retardedness, sabotage to communication ability, in any way resemblant of these men above, who in the second video is only 5 years older than me currently.

There isn’t much point to make, because there is no point here, that is my point.

Let’s make a point worth getting teeth into and applying more broadly.

Dude is a full poly drug user, just one example too, I’ve seen worse casualties who have never touched Acid.

Which I’m not saying at all is all rosy. It’s totally the opposite for me experientially, more a confrontation, but no cabbaging effects or signs of cognitive decline….

Okay, I just heard him admit- he’s a Schizophrenic. LSD is one of the worst drugs in the world for any schizophrenic to take.

This needs context.

Last edited:
Nobody with any real brains and living in the real world thinks LSD is just pure goodness, no risks, negative effects, outcomes, casualties.

Ofc there are, have been, always will.

I have surely taken more than 200 mg’s at least in my lifetime, and I do not exhibit any single sign of drug impairment or retardedness, sabotage to communication ability, in any way resemblant of these men above, who in the second video is only 5 years older than me currently.

There isn’t much point to make, because there is no point here, that is my point.

Let’s make a point worth getting teeth into and applying more broadly.

Dude is a full poly drug user, just one example too, I’ve seen worse casualties who have never touched Acid.

Which I’m not saying at all is all rosy. It’s totally the opposite for me experientially, more a confrontation, but no cabbaging effects or signs of cognitive decline….

Okay, I just heard him admit- he’s a Schizophrenic. LSD is one of the worst drugs in the world for any schizophrenic to take.

This needs context.
I do not have anything to argue against you with. Heard stories of horror trips from friends who won't go near it ever again. I think I reached that point myself.

I do not have anything to argue against you with. Heard stories of horror trips from friends who won't go near it ever again. I think I reached that point myself.
Yeah sorry I wasn’t gunning for you personally at all. It would just be really inaccurate, unrealistic, disproportionate and unfair to present the plain view that LSD is bad, risky, dangerous, cannot be safe and golden.

I was just trying to add the context already firmly established and accepted over a long time.

It’s each to their own, it’s not something to F around with, but it can be taken relatively safely for the most part.

The horror stories and negative outcomes are massively massively outweighed overall.

I really can’t handle acid anymore, but it’s more to do with the fact I can’t bear to be conscious and aware in this world currently, LSD just hypers all of that for me.

Also being chronically unwell, generally uncomfortable physically, fully exhausted and anxiety extreme, all independently of LSD, really make tripping much less desirable.

In a renewed body, and a world with hope, light, fun, love and joy, LSD would basically BE a different drug, certainly for me.

I’m sure we could make the argument on some level for virtually anything experiential where pleasure, emotion, fear, pain etc are present or a part of the experience, the involvement of consciousness basically.

For me always that is what LSD does, it simply involves consciousness.

Lol. “I’m thinking of trying LSD. What’s it like.”

“Oh, it involves consciousness.”

Involve in the active sense almost rather than passive.

I’ve had some horror trips. Compounded by being on other drugs at the same time. But i think overall LSD has improved the cognitive and emotional damage wrought by those other drugs.

The way it opens up neural networks between parts of the brain not normally connected seems helpful for when you’ve burned out default connections over time.

But the experience is no doubt different for everybody and the potential for lasting damage from LSD should be respected. Especially in talking to those people who blame it for their mental states and circumstances.

Not happy to be posting this here, but: LSD helped me a lot with my schizophrenia(paranoid). But I was careful, please nobody just bomb yourself with LSD thinking it can heal you. I microdosed, mostly, and I had a genius health scientist (H. Kapuste, who is a legend in Germany) by my side to help me.

Not happy to be posting this here, but: LSD helped me a lot with my schizophrenia(paranoid). But I was careful, please nobody just bomb yourself with LSD thinking it can heal you. I microdosed, mostly, and I had a genius health scientist (H. Kapuste, who is a legend in Germany) by my side to help me.
If it’s true, and I’m not suggesting otherwise, then share, with context of course,

It’s very valid experience you share. Don’t hide it, or feel it is inappropriate, sending out the wrong message.

Which is what you don’t want to do of course and I respect that.

But each make our own choices, I always advise caution using LSD with schizophrenia.

But that doesn’t mean it cannot help. I’m glad it did you.

Those videos are pretty deceptively produced. They inherently imply that the apparent dysfunction of these individuals is caused or largely caused by LSD abuse, which probably isn't true.
For me it’s the total absolute lack of or even mere mention of any context.

Hence my initial reaction to practically laugh at the portrayal.

bet those two dumb cunts never even took lsd.
Yeah but when they turned up to audition for the very similar, I swear it’s the same set/backdrop, and production feel, to the same version but damages from .Meth, there were just much better candidates.

But because nobody turned up claiming to be retarded from LSD use they decided to use these rejected couple for those shoots. Lol. The truth would be a lot more ridiculous than that I imagine even because the truth is literally incredulous I keep telling people.

And it would be so ignorant of us to assume otherwise.

Can you give more details of your venture with lsd? Do you hallucinate with your condition?

If it’s true, and I’m not suggesting otherwise, then share, with context of course,

It’s very valid experience you share. Don’t hide it, or feel it is inappropriate, sending out the wrong message.

Which is what you don’t want to do of course and I respect that.

But each make our own choices, I always advise caution using LSD with schizophrenia.

But that doesn’t mean it cannot help. I’m glad it did you.
You're correct in assuming that I don't want to give someone the feeling that they could cure themselves of anything by solely using the substance, in whatever dose. There is no cure as such, the therapy lies in accepting and dealing with the schizophrenia.
For me, personally, my trigger has always been fear. As a kid I would have wild hallucinations in the dark, saw things under my bed, heard voices, this carried on into youth with (mostly) ridiculous thought-patterns that wouldn't leave me alone, like someone would kill me, or was following me.
The more i tapped into this fear, the crazier the hallucinations could get. I made it all worse by diving into psychotropes like acid, and so so much mescaline. One specific trip (thai mushrooms) was actually one of the most amazing experiences of my life, but would create a lot more of hell afterwards. I was with my then-gf, we both took too fucking much, and in my head I sort of "melted" with her into the world we both created(we were writing a book together). Everything felt a thousand times more real than my usual reality, and I spent what seemed like an eternity in this world with her right by me. And the regular world felt like a dream, like a trip itself, far away. As soon as I woke up from that world, I became entirely obsessed with it, up to the point where I no longer believed that "reality" was real at all, I'm still having difficulty tbh. at points it does behave too weirdly. My obsession with this world became so big, that I thought the 21 12 2012 prophecy was just about when my dream will end and I wake up in the true reality.

The therapy followed in January 2013 and it dealt with 3 things: First to accept this reality as the one reality I live in. Second, to deal with my triggers, especially fear. Third, to get me out of the swamp of depression that would follow(I was discontinuing quite regular MDMA use too)
Every session was accompanied by cognitive therapy. I could say more about it, but it's getting too personal for me already. The therapy was very basal, words of comfort, words of encouragement, but he was very vigilant that nothing could happen, which made the entire experience a safe haven for me.

But my opinion stays the same: Do not try this at home without someone to watch and help, and provide a safe-space for you, because this can get intense. If there is no one to help you during those moments, you might just lose yourself in psychosis all over again. LSD is dangerous, and it will crush those who don't respect it.

It's taken me a while to grapple with how LSD effects me. It makes me straight retarded. I have a difficult time tripping with other people because I generally misunderstand my environment and make a fool of myself. And sometimes, like what happened a couple months ago, I get in legal trouble. When a police officer approached me I all but told him I was on drugs. I was tripping really hard and on a ton of meth, so obviously not in my right mind. But, I just can't get that way. There's nothing healing about it for me. Sure I've had some positive solo trips and with close friends, but me and LSD have a troubled relationship. Generally speaking it brings out all of my flaws and I act on my stupidest base instincts.

That's interesting, but I don't buy that LSD is the sole perpetrator in these guys cases.

I've certainly had heavy trips gone south, but nothing that has left me scarred in any way. If anything, LSD makes me feel comfortable.
I love being high on LSD when I'm out in public. I've been talking to police officers, I've been working on LSD and I've dropped tabs before getting on a plane. It actually reduces my social anxiety.

But it seems like some people are just incompatible with psychedelics, and not just LSD.

That's interesting, but I don't buy that LSD is the sole perpetrator in these guys cases.

I've certainly had heavy trips gone south, but nothing that has left me scarred in any way. If anything, LSD makes me feel comfortable.
I love being high on LSD when I'm out in public. I've been talking to police officers, I've been working on LSD and I've dropped tabs before getting on a plane. It actually reduces my social anxiety.

But it seems like some people are just incompatible with psychedelics, and not just LSD.
Thing is always: Do you have PSS(edit: psychosis susceptibility syndrome, schizophrenia)?
If yes: don't take LSD

To anyone susceptible to psychosis, I cannot recommend LSD(only with professional help by your side), even though it helped me a lot. It's dangerous to us schizos, like a flame to a wound - it could be beneficial, but not in the wrong hands.. and I do believe in mental scarring from acid, I've seen it on multiple people through work.

If anyone doesn't have PSS, please refrain from calling LSD benign, because it is lots of fun for you. It was lots of fun for me, too, but I'm still working on getting my grip back on reality. I honestly still cannot completely believe this world is real, and while LSD wasn't the trigger of this train of thought, it sure helped a lot weakening my grip on reality.

edit: To be fair - it helped me get my grip on reality back later on, but that was mostly due to my doc, and my large efforts to come to terms again with this reality

Last edited:
Thing is always: Do you have PSS?
If yes: don't take LSD
No, I don't.
To anyone susceptible to psychosis, I cannot recommend LSD(only with professional help by your side), even though it helped me a lot. It's dangerous to us schizos, like a flame to a wound - it could be beneficial, but not in the wrong hands.. and I do believe in mental scarring from acid, I've seen it on multiple people through work.
I agree. And I know a few people who lost their shit on acid, two of them committed suicide - however, they were properly fucked before the acid, it just tipped them over the edge.

I would never recommend LSD to anyone. They either seek it out themselves, or they don't. I would answer questions about it, but never recommend it.
If anyone doesn't have PSS, please refrain from calling LSD benign, because it is lots of fun for you. It was lots of fun for me, too, but I'm still working on getting my grip back on reality.
I wouldn't and haven't called LSD benign. Like I wrote, it's not compatible with some people, just like amphetamines aren't compatible with others.
I honestly still cannot completely believe this world is real, and while LSD wasn't the trigger of this train of thought, it sure helped a lot weakening my grip on reality.
No arguments here. I agree with everything you said. I just shared my experience with LSD.

I wouldn't and haven't called LSD benign. Like I wrote, it's not compatible with some people, just like amphetamines aren't compatible with others.
O, I apologize, that comment was not directed at you :)
I see now how it could be interpreted as being directed at you, I suck at conversations.

It was a generalisation of the opinion many people share about LSD.
That it is rather harmless, because it is harmless to themselves.

But as you said, some people are not compatible, people who are suffering from PSS for example, there are lots of other conditions that make LSD a dangerous tool to use.
We just should stay the fuck away from self-guided experiments with psychedelics, and I learned that the hard way.