• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Travel Thread - I am lovely and respectful to all in my path PLUR <3 xxxxx

I fly home after six months out here tomorrow. Good luck. IME, and I hope you prove me wrong (and I can't be certain without your itinerary anyway) you are going to get stupidly hot followed by stupidly wet. If you are coming home in October/November that is just about exactly the reverse of what you should be doing. But, likesay, depends on where you are going and when. Good luck anyway, and there's nothing to be nervous about.

Hello you :) welcome back eh.

Evey

I've been travelling and working in Australia for the past 9 months, but really need to decide what the fuck to do with myself once my years visa is up. I can apply for a 2nd year visa here but I want to move somewhere else, I've been thinking of travelling Asia for a couple of months before going to New Zealand and getting a job.

Anybody got any tips on where to go? The focus being on budget, I can't see myself having more than £2k spending money

I've been travelling and working in Australia for the past 9 months, but really need to decide what the fuck to do with myself once my years visa is up. I can apply for a 2nd year visa here but I want to move somewhere else, I've been thinking of travelling Asia for a couple of months before going to New Zealand and getting a job.

Anybody got any tips on where to go? The focus being on budget, I can't see myself having more than £2k spending money

Just read the second half of the entry if you aren't bothered about politics. You're probably just going to end up in Thailand for a few weeks anyway but there's your alternatives in that entry. If you want tips re expenses etc, PM me. Fuck it, Laos is cheapest by a mile, Thailand is pretty cheap too, but nothing beats Indonesia (£7 a night for a double room with breakfast and swimming pool in Yogyakarta). But you have to not mind a population the size of Russia, all of whom have motorbikes, and you have to like volcanoes and trekking up them because there isn't much else to do on your budget. (There's lots to do on a bigger budget but it involves getting to Bali and then the Gili islands and travelling to those places isn't that cheap).

Last edited:
I'll have a read when I'm not on my lunch break man. I do love a good travel blog.

Well chances are I'll be in Darwin before leaving oz, so it's possible to get a flight for cheaper than £100 to bali, what do you recommend? I can stretch the budget a lil bit, but really wanna have a bit of cash saved in case I don't get a job immediately in nz.

It really depends what you want to do but Bali is doable cheaply but if you go there you really have to go to the Gili islands. Gili Tregawan is the Ibiza of SE Asia, mushrooms are legal and getable there and on Gili Air. The snorkelling/diving is one of the best places in the world to do it. Fast boats to Gilis from Bali are about £40 return at the minimum. Shop around, there are cheap boats and expensive boats. Gili Air is tiny and just desert island paradise, Tregawan is what you'd expect an Ibiza like place to be like (busy but three parties a week - Air also has one party a week. I hope you like psy-trance). And if you are over that way you can get to east Java and climb active volcanoes, Mount Bromo is one, one of the best things I've ever done in my life.

I'd be scared of climbing an active volcano encase it erupted lol.

Evey

I'd be scared of climbing an active volcano encase it erupted lol.

Evey

I actually rode a horse most of the way up it. And the possibility of eruption was part of the thrill. Loadsa smoke and smell of sulphur etc. Right now I'm waiting to board a flight to Hanoi and there's a fucking huge thunderstorm going off all around us. That's a bit more scary.

I actually rode a horse most of the way up it. And the possibility of eruption was part of the thrill. Loadsa smoke and smell of sulphur etc. Right now I'm waiting to board a flight to Hanoi and there's a fucking huge thunderstorm going off all around us. That's a bit more scary.

WOW... I'll go luck at your blog in a mo. Just had an E-mail about your latest one :). You thinking of going on further travels?

Evey

Just getting home would do for now. I'm in Hanoi having flown through a really big lightning storm that had half the plane close to tears and praying they weren't going to die. To add insult to injury our connecting flight to London, due to leave at midnight, has been delayed until 4am. And then it's 13 hours on the plane. I'm going to empty that aeroplane bar. If it ever turns up.

Wow... Really hope ye get home safe. Have you enjoyed it? It's good to have you back on Bluelight. We've all missed you n a friend said "EADD really needs SHM back" :)

Lol @ empty the bar!

Evey

I fly home after six months out here tomorrow. Good luck. IME, and I hope you prove me wrong (and I can't be certain without your itinerary anyway) you are going to get stupidly hot followed by stupidly wet. If you are coming home in October/November that is just about exactly the reverse of what you should be doing. But, likesay, depends on where you are going and when. Good luck anyway, and there's nothing to be nervous about.

You trip is by far the most successful by a british man this year. I expect they will give you a parade on top of a double decker bus on your return ;)
image.jpg1.jpg

I'm actually from Bangladesh but just speak fucking good English.

Yeah, I've been following cricinfo today. :(

Hi PP! Postcard is in the, er, post ( as is yours Anna).

ayup SHP. :)

Glad to see you back.

I was only saying to someone tonight that I've got a yen to go back to Thailand. Mind you I don't think I could go to the Island (Koh Phang Gnang) I went to. 20 years ago. It had no roads, cars or electricity but an absolutely magical vibe..back packers paradise....

Apparently its been over developed now. I couldn't see it... Tt would break my heart.

Bet you've got some cool stories to tell.

Any tips for Ko Phi Phi?

be lovely and respectful to all in your path.

Koh phi phi was part of a collection of islands that thrived on the sex industry. I preferred the vibe over the other side around koh Samui.

Would you like to go Solaris?

So at one of the pagodas in Yangon today a friendly (or so I thought) burmese man came over and introduced himself then proceeded to tell me I look like Wayne fucking Rooney. Quite clearly a country of racists.

A rush our taxi ride in rush hour traffic is an experience, the drivers here are absolutely nuts

So at one of the pagodas in Yangon today a friendly (or so I thought) burmese man came over and introduced himself then proceeded to tell me I look like Wayne fucking Rooney. Quite clearly a country of racists.

A rush our taxi ride in rush hour traffic is an experience, the drivers here are absolutely nuts

Hahaha I had similar experiences with people calling me Dirk Kuyt in Yangon :D

Lovely place that was btw. At the main pagoda I was taught how to tie my 'longye' by three elderly men and a monk - took me at least 10 tries to get it right, to their amusement. Fun times! Should you haven't been there yet, go south. Mawlamyine, Dawei (at least the beaches closeby) and the Myeik archipelago are amazing. Just make sure you fly and avoid taking busses, some were 24h long unpaved road adventures 8(

Right, that ends my unasked for advice!