The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

Haha... Either her or Jimmy the cab guy.

picture-2.png

moderat - bad kingdom has 9 milli views MIND BLOWN. i prefer the head high remix, but damn!

i'd definitely cop that. just recall back in the day bumpin that track like crazy, livin like a hermit... i dunno just weird when "views" come in to the mix, especially with music i considered... well, underground ?

Drexciya - Grava 4
Rating /
4.0/5

mrpink046 hrs 50 mins ago
a 4 yo straight up fuck you man

guys, read music reviews blazed af. trust me.

Im sure y'all spend time on youtube, soundcloud etc. You feel this is the new crate digging?

Nope. There's some weird shit that you'll never find online in shops. But buying online changed the game for getting tracks you'd never find in a record shop.
I definitely think those producer vids have it right tho where if you are digging for vinyl you are more likely to get samples. But if I want to DJ psybient or some obscure genre then online is the way to go.

I definitely think those producer vids have it right tho where if you are digging for vinyl you are more likely to get samples.

I've just spent a good few minutes trying to work out what you could possibly mean here. If you're in a shop searching for vinyl... you'll get more samples?

Must be some simple language barrier/cultural thing, or possibly some strange law of the universe I wasn't privy to, but I'm definitely missing something. =D

if you are digging for vinyl you are more likely to get samples

hahhahaha Ill break it down for you.

digging for vinyl aka crate digging in hiphop was a thing like in the cover to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing where you aren't buying records to listen to persay...but you are buying records to record and sample from to use in such things as a EMU SP1200 or an AKAI or a DAW aka a computer. So youtube shows like Mass Appeal Rhythm Roulette, where producers basically choose a bunch of records at random and then sample them to make a track.

Its just how things were done back in the day. Sure, you could buy a CD and sample from that, but with hip hop....lofi is kinda must. So if you record a snare off of some Funk record its dirty, plus if you do it with a SP1200...

However, its use as a phrase sampler produces a "gritty" sound due to the machine's 26.04 kHz sampling rate (roughly half the fidelity of a compact disc), its SSM2044 filter chips and its 12-bit sampling resolution.

it gets really dirty. Its a turntablism thing too where people would buy doubles of records to scratch. And obviously this was a bigger thing too with Jungle, Rap, maybe Pop music and of course Microhouse.

Maybe its the fact that used records shops have record players where you can listen to records.

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(music)

^ thanks for the read.

random RA comment "Konstantin will close each event with a long, wandering poem while other members of the collective hum sad chords in unison" fuck me at least pc music were self aware