The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

Is there such thing as psychedelic house? or would that be just another word for acid house?

you can check out some of the stuff under the label tech-funk, its usually slower and less steady than psytrance, but its got the same vibe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEsgdWJZ8g

^^try this out. Its definitely got elements of acid house, electro house, and psy breaks, but in my opinion it could be called psyhouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7b1_5Vs45Y&feature=related <<this one too

Last edited:
I love that track MDMAhead! I didn't even think of that one.

Thanks for the suggestions, rincewindrocks.

Is there such thing as psychedelic house? or would that be just another word for acid house?

A lot of deep house has psychedelic elements in it. And they definitely sound very different to the acid house. But then again, not all deep tracks are necessarily psychedelic, especially some of the vocal tracks.

@StarOceanHouse

I see DJ Magixx also does "Hard dubstep". I wonder why... =D Although I have to say a lot of chicks who I know would probably love his mixes (and that's okay). :\

@JoeTheStoner
That's a pretty crazy track.

Looking for some feedback guys:

What you guys think of creating a little profile for every genre to help noobs get into various genre and understand the difference between House/Techno.

So each main genre (no need to get into subgenres - so Drum & Bass/Jungle would be as far as we would go - no techstep etc) would have a quick description and history entry as well as selection of tracks that would be representative of the genre.

We could make this little encyclopedia via cloud sourcing. So everyone could pitch in and and that would way I would have some more free time on my hands.:)

Has anyone ever used Subsonic?

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp

It's a media server that allows you to stream all your mp3 to any other computer via dynamic DNS service like no-ip.com. Fucking awesome program. You can even stream your whole collection to a smartphone. Unfortunately, Ukraine doesn't have UMTS 3G, so I can't stream to my phone, but works perfectly for accessing my music collection when I am at work.

If anyone needs any help with setting it, send me a PM or w/e. You can even make a read only account for other users to let people stream you're whole music collection.

he even borrowed some patches from BAR9

benassi is like 5 years behind the times

I think so too. It's funny that somebody actually has taste in music so bad that it becomes an identifying characteristic.

ok i have a question about traktor

i have a internal 5.1 soundcard (m audio)revolution 5.1 and i want to use the headphone out as monitors. this can be done in virtualdj but i havent figured out how to do it in traktor?

do i need an external mixer?

ok i have a question about traktor

i have a internal 5.1 soundcard (m audio)revolution 5.1 and i want to use the headphone out as monitors. this can be done in virtualdj but i havent figured out how to do it in traktor?

do i need an external mixer?

Just click the headphone icon next to the deck you want to send to your headphone channel (It is in between the gain and pan knobs)

What up!?

Mixing like mad tonight! =D

da-mix-1.jpg

His taste in music is improving. Either that or he's become a serious member and stopped trolling.