The "Thousand Mile Stare" from long-term steroid use?

Nice to see boredom leading to scientific research GF! ;)

As an FYI to Stargazer, there are also things that are commonly prescribed to treat a lack of dopamine, which could be another treatment possibility for your ex, drugs such as cabergoline, pramipexole, and bromocriptine. Possibly worth him talking about with a doctor.

Nice to see boredom leading to scientific research GF! ;)

As an FYI to Stargazer, there are also things that are commonly prescribed to treat a lack of dopamine, which could be another treatment possibility for your ex, drugs such as cabergoline, pramipexole, and bromocriptine. Possibly worth him talking about with a doctor.

There's a huge amount of info over on Neuroscience & Pharmacology Discussion regarding the subject of low Dopamine levels and/or DA receptor down-regulation through recreational drug use/abuse.. Its generally advised to allow nature to take its course, eating healthy (Tyrosine rich foods), exercise, abstension from drugs etc.. To allow for upregulation of DA receptors, and to allow Tyrosine hydroxylase the rate limiting enzyme for DA to stabilise...

Something I found today (whilst bored) lol:

Note that Cabergoline and Bromocriptine has been associated with an increased risk for the development of heart valve defects in patients using it as a treatment for Parkinson’s disease. The mechanism is thought to involve the action of cabergoline and bromocriptine at 5-HT2B receptor that stimulates abnormal growth of heart valves. Much lower doses of the drug are needed in the treatment of hyperprolactinemia, 0.5mg twice a week vs. greater than 3mg/day for treating Parkinson’s disease

Synthesis of novel analogs of cabergoline: improving cardiovascular safety by removing 5-HT2B receptor agonism.

Dosa PI, Ward T, Walters MA, Kim SW.
Author information
Abstract
The dopamine agonist cabergoline has been used to treat prolactinomas, Parkinson's disease, Cushing's disease and sexual dysfunction. However, its clinical use was severely curtailed when it was found that patients taking cabergoline had an increased risk of developing cardiac-valve regurgitation. This potentially life-threatening condition has been associated with drugs, such as cabergoline, that are 5-HT2B receptor agonists. We prepared analogs of cabergoline and have identified several that have limited or no agonism at the 5-HT2B receptor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23606928

[Cardiac valvulopathy and dopamine agonist].
[Article in Spanish]
Grandas F.
Author information
Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
To assess the possible relationship between treatment with dopamine agonists and cardiac fibrotic valvulopathy in Parkinson's disease, a systematic review of published articles describing this association was performed.
METHOD:
Cardiac valvulopathy has been described in parkinsonian patients taking pergolide, and in a few isolated cases treated with cabergoline or bromocriptine.
RESULT:
Until now, no cases of valvulopathy related to non-ergot dopamine agonists have been reported.
CONCLUSIONS:
Cumulative dose and duration of treatment are likely risk factors for development of valvulopathy. In some cases, the discontinuation of ergotic dopamine agonists was followed by improvement of valve regurgitation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17671852

Hey...thanks for all that info CFC and GF, as always you guys are the best group of people, hands down, on BL....I wish I you were also mods of the parts of the forum that are my demons. Thankyou as always. I write down everything you tell me. <3

Hey...thanks for all that info CFC and GF, as always you guys are the best group of people, hands down, on BL....I wish I you were also mods of the parts of the forum that are my demons. Thankyou as always. I write down everything you tell me. <3

You never know.. fire away..!!

Like GF says fire away. We are about building the community, "What man is a man who does not make the world better."

Go ahead and fire away as was said. We've all got our back stories. I'm a recovering heroin addict and the rest of us have our own "histories". It's what makes us human and why I treasure blue light so much. I made my account back in 09 as a crazy etard, clung to the dark side when I became a depressed heroin addict. And now I'm here in SD trying to improve myself. (Funny thing is the sober living forum opened up a little bit after I got clean)

NP...I don't wan't you ever to have my demons...any of you guys here ever. I'd just love it if you and GF were mods of the entire board. If you think BL is overpopulated now, there would be a waiting list w you two as mods for BL as a whole. I mean it. <3<3 (one heart for you, one for GF)

Last edited:
Serotonin...my God...you get what I'm livng with. Right now, I'm a depressed heroin addict...I relapsed about nine mos ago, and hadn't used in years...My reasons for wanting to be clean now are different than they were the first time. Now it's due to money, and I don't want to be in "the lifestyle" anymore. Thanks for sharing that, and for being humble. A <3 for you too. -S

NP...I don't wan't you ever to have my demons...any of you guys here ever. I'd just love it if you and GF were mods of the entire board. If you think BL is overpopulated now, there would be a waiting list w you two as mods for BL as a whole. I mean it. <3<3 (one heart for you, one for GF)

Heart accepted... Thank You Stargazer....

Hello to my favorite guys on BL :)

I told my ex about TRT...and about the board. He sounded intrigued about you guys. I told him "they would love for you to go on and join the steroid discussion".

I also said, "Listen, I'm not trying to offend you, I know you are very knowledgable about all of this...but why aren't you on TRT? 125mg wk...or a little more (as GF suggested lol)" He told me, he's been scared to do it, and he's broke right now. Ok, here comes the really really good deed....I asked "how much does it cost?" Him "probably $100/vial"....Me "if you can find it, I'll pay for it. Let me know, I'll meet you somewhere and give you the money. You have to come to terms w the fact you altered your body chemistry for your whole life....and TRT is obviously what you're gonna need. Shit, if there was something that wouldn't make me grow body hair and made me feel 21, I"d take it in a heartbeart...you also have children to think about. Our daughter, your sons...."

I cannot believe I told him I'd pay for it. But, you know what? It's just who I am. I hate that sometimes about myself., but I have a soft heart. So, the ball is in his court. I"ve told him, offered to pay for it ...now it up to him. Also, coming to the board to speak w you guys...he'd LOVE it. So, we'll see. I really don't want him to see my posts if he comes on the board...he will know it's me immediately obviously. But, if I pay for a vial of testosterone, he'll have to get over it lol.

As far as my addcition...it's really messed up guys. I'm in deep and don't know how to get out...I will be broke in a few months...and that will be hell. I don't want to bring everyone down w my dumb BS. ...I feel so much shame and regret. I spent almost half of my inheritance so far. It was a blessing to get that. I needed it...and what do I do? Get dope. There you have it. I hope you guys are all super great today. Thoughtfully...S

What you need is to take some of your cash and DT, read up a bit on here on how to make your self as comfortable as possible ( which is difficult at best I know and as do a few others. ) Weather its going the route of Methadone or, any other rout really, you just need to get to that spot where you want to be done more then you want the dope. Not an easy place to be, you have to face the shit you have been doing and looking in the mirror is never easy but, nothing worth having is. And your worth having, I am sure your kids would agree.

Hello to my favorite guys on BL :)

I told my ex about TRT...and about the board. He sounded intrigued about you guys. I told him "they would love for you to go on and join the steroid discussion".

I also said, "Listen, I'm not trying to offend you, I know you are very knowledgable about all of this...but why aren't you on TRT? 125mg wk...or a little more (as GF suggested lol)" He told me, he's been scared to do it, and he's broke right now. Ok, here comes the really really good deed....I asked "how much does it cost?" Him "probably $100/vial"....Me "if you can find it, I'll pay for it. Let me know, I'll meet you somewhere and give you the money. You have to come to terms w the fact you altered your body chemistry for your whole life....and TRT is obviously what you're gonna need. Shit, if there was something that wouldn't make me grow body hair and made me feel 21, I"d take it in a heartbeart...you also have children to think about. Our daughter, your sons...."

I cannot believe I told him I'd pay for it. But, you know what? It's just who I am. I hate that sometimes about myself., but I have a soft heart. So, the ball is in his court. I"ve told him, offered to pay for it ...now it up to him. Also, coming to the board to speak w you guys...he'd LOVE it. So, we'll see. I really don't want him to see my posts if he comes on the board...he will know it's me immediately obviously. But, if I pay for a vial of testosterone, he'll have to get over it lol.

As far as my addcition...it's really messed up guys. I'm in deep and don't know how to get out...I will be broke in a few months...and that will be hell. I don't want to bring everyone down w my dumb BS. ...I feel so much shame and regret. I spent almost half of my inheritance so far. It was a blessing to get that. I needed it...and what do I do? Get dope. There you have it. I hope you guys are all super great today. Thoughtfully...S

A vial of Testosterone shouldn't be anywhere near $100.... I pay $50 in NZ (we get ripped off for everything)... UK about 22 pounds 10ml...

If you are concerned about the content of your posts offending your Ex, just got back and edit them...

Regarding heroin addiction, speak with Guido... Maybe send him a PM..

Guido is on methadone maintenance and I detoxed back in 2012. It can be done. I actually was thinking of him today as I was on gh15 and need to pm him about something. It's never too late

I promise you guys, I have no illusions about who or what I am. I don't like what I see in the mirror right now. Thankyou so much for the advice without judgement. Its getting time to put on my big girl panties, and get this shit going...I'm tired of it. I'm tired of crying my soul out in the middle of the night in shame.

I have to let go of that shame and guilt. What's done is done...the money I lost/spent is gone. Right now, Im in the position I could still maybe mak some low risk investments, and make a little of it back....I love to cook, I love art, and creating things. Shit, I've been avoiding my best friend, whose son has cancer, the past couple of weeks, due to feeling ashamed....it's times to just DO somethiing about it.

And maybe save myself, before the choice is made for me. Thank you guys again. <3

PS-Neo, I have only one child, a daughter. His little adorable sons are with his current gf.

GF, I didn't know you were from New Zealand. What a beautiful place! Thanks for the tip though. As you know, I'm not well versed on these things. So I always appreciate any help. Thank you dearest GF.

Serotonin, good job. You have my respect, as I know how difficult that is. I am not a wimp w pain (thank God, or I would've shot myself by now), due to living w the chronic pain I have. I'm not sure if I told you guys that I have a condition that causes blinding head pain. so, sorry if I repeated myself. But withdrawal is another thing that tests what you're made of. So many things going on at once that all feel horrible. No, more like you're in hell.It pisses me off that I developed this condition. Had I not, I wouldn't have ever taken a narcotic, believe me. I believe, we're all better off, not knowing what it feels like....I find it so strange how we forget how to live without it...after spending most of our lives livng without it.

Neo, thankyou too. I know you've had your struggles as well. I was in the same place as you in the beginning. For me, it went to another level though. The timing in my life was horrible. I didn't care much whether I was dead or alive then. But, my point, is my hat if off to you as well. I know what it's like to say goodbye to that too. For me, that was actually was more difficult to stop than H, as I liked the feeling much better. I grieved it, as strange as that sounds. My reality, at the time, was unbearable. So, facing it, without anything to buffer it was very difficult.

My daughter is the love of my lifetime...she and I are very close. I am very blessed to have such a close bond with my child. So, I thankyou all, as always for being the coolest guys ever. Your support means alot to me. Also, thanks for the info about Guido. Thoughtfully, S

After I typed the above, my daughter, and 3 of her guyfriends came in...yeah, late. My daughter said "my mom is always here for me...who needs someone at 3 in the afternoon? It's when it's 3am, that you really need someone, and she's always there to talk. When I'm upset, the shit is hitting the fan...I just need to look at her,and I feel so much better"....it really doesn't get better than that for a mother's heart. Her guy friends all asked for my number lol...they want to be able to talk to me too...and drink my coffee. I make some killer coffee. It tastes good, and it's jet fuel. I think coffee that isn't med strong just tastes like dirty water. I use fresh ground beans....I have a great coffee maker. A Cuisinart Grind and Brew. I used french roast beans...they have a "nutty" taste....out of this world.

It made me feel really good to have her guy friends ask me to make more coffee...C'mon, I'm half Dago....we live to have people love what we make. Just wanted to share. I needed that love from her tonight...it was just what the Dr. ordered. Lucky, blessed me...for a little while.

stargzer-i went on methadone after a long time on heroin but i ended up too content to stay i the methadone bubble.. i stayed on it for a few years and i kicked, it sucked so i recommend getting on subuxone BUT tell your doctor you have no plans of staying on it longer than 3-4 months or however long it takes for you to stabilize your life...have a plan in mind to get off sooner rather than later..do it before you blow all of your money though..there is no easy way to get off opiates...its a long term battle..