• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Third Great Awakening

We have plenty of age of consent laws and criminal laws against domestic and sexual assault of family members, we also have privacy and freedom of religion laws. Yet we all know of someone raped by a parent or sibling, someone daily assaulted or beaten behind closed doors, toddlers and spouses coerced into having incest or family sex time. Children cast away as an inconvenience to our own ambition. Do we tell ourselves they are hopeless? What about those of us left on our own who sexually experimented because we were curious, or scared of the dark, only to learn we are in the midst of a dysfunction the permeates everything and all our family relationships? Who is left to blame? People put into impossible situations who learned to think it's normal, or a badge of survival, survival of what? One of the biggest things I regret is not seeing or acknowledging maybe something terrible is happening behind closed doors and staying the course.

So when someone talks about aging or immortality, I'm thinking about, what did I do to at least be present and make an offer to help. I think that is going to determine the rest of the course of my life.

For every 1 person in need their are probably 10 available to help if asked, but rather than take it upon ourselves to ”help" someone in need who never asked for it, maybe we need to ask ourselves, are we seeing the same thing, are we asking the right questions, how do we get this person to the person they will trust and intervene? Should we intervene right now without being asked? Maybe they already have resources and know what to do, if not we can facilitate.

When I was writing about having gatherings with full medical and reproductive services, it could be just counseling, answering questions, providing an a safe place for people to talk in confidence to a trained professional, or referrals to like minded people interested in fostering, adoption, or surrogacy. Or contraception, morning after medications, sexually transmitted diseases treatment and prevention. Sexuality counseling, or reporting sexual abuse. Relationship and marital counseling, family counseling, mental illness or drug abuse counseling, suicide prevention. Or referrals to legal services, civil authorities, or clergy services of any kind. There are so many possibilities that communities can bring to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a American History major I learned about the First and Second Great Awakenings, national outpourings of evangelical fervor. Our families have been through WW I, WW II, Korea, Viet Nam, the Cold War, Operation Phoenix, and many, many others. 100s of millions have died or been victims of these wars so that we, who have untold wealth and prosperity, and now it seems, we have relative peace. South Korea will be an immigrant nation within my lifetime. War heroes are still made to order in Russia. Maybe the Third Great Awakening won't be an American Evangelical awakening but a multi-cultural, multi-spitlritual, multi-lingual Third Great Awakening. I'm interested in others thoughts, is the Third Great Awakening already started? Is it the province of USA or has the world changed so far so fast in the last 120 years that we should say it belongs to the World?

Thel need another evangelical patriot movement for the next phase of the Zionist gameplan in the middle east. They are unhappy that Syria didnt go according to plan and want another intervention to a. topple Assad b. build up and train a Kurdish army in northern Iraq c. prepare for a war with Iran (via Kurdish Proxy). Israel, true to form, will not fight its own war so will draw on its zio-christian foothold in the US for interventionist cannon fodder. Its harder to get a bunch of dope smoking liberals to do anything, so im guessing this neo-paleconservitive reboot will proceed the Interethnic all american unification movement (i dont think this is due until they have fucked your country up entirely tbh). The unification movement would be the big revolution 2.0 script...and that would come to take down the le evil NWO and get things back on an upward trajectory (altho this would be the actual NWO - prob accompanying global consolidation treaties and some kind of debt forgiveness package). The debt not having been forgiven - but paid for with the blood of Arabs, obviously, but also Chinese and Ukrainians/Russians....and whatever other genocides they are running that we dont know about.

I never understood why the children of Abraham coming home to their sovereign nation causes such irrational offense to any people who aspire to the same. The Israeli constitution states that the State of Israel is the homeland of the Jewish people because it is, isn't that what all history books, the Torah, Bible, and Koran, all state in black and white and agree on? Last time I checked Israel is a presidential parliamentary democracy with independent executive, legislature, and judiciary.

I mean I didn't see any Israelis dancing in the streets on 9/11 but I sure remember the Gazans doing the Daybell hula on 9/11 (after watching about 5 seconds of the actual footage).

I'll never forget the story of the first responder who shared an I love you with his dad before he went out to the sight and never returned. That's who inspires me. Not the Mother's and pundits cheering for more martyrs in Gaza and the West Bank. Have anyone ever heard any of these people so much as one Israeli child or family even though they literally are their closest neighbor? I don't.