• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Term "Overdose" is not always death

There are always stories I hear about monkeys who steal peoples' alcoholic beverages when they are not looking and wind up as alcoholics, and others who eat cigarettes and still others who lick out opium pipes and get habituated. I know of maybe 10 people who over the years have set aside a location like a room or part of the basement of the house or office to smoke, and then within a few weeks, the cat/s come running when the smoker is in the vicinity and start meowing, as if they are asking the people when they are planning on lighting up because the cats want some nicotine too Then there are the apes in zoos who smoke cigarettes and raccoons who find alcohol and get loaded.

There was also the lab where they were testing morphine and the like on animals, and one night, an octopus got out of her tank, walked across the room, broke into the cabinet and ate all the morphine and then returned to the tank for a nice nod.

I also was over at a friend's house after their cat had some surgery and the cat was jumping up on the counters and following the people around meowing trying to get doses of the Torbugesic (butorphanol) the veterinarian sent home with the cat, and I heard about a dog with arthritis and therefore a dimethylthiambutene habit who ran up to the veterinarian the next visit and jumped into her arms because he wanted to get some more DMTB . . . when one of my ferrets was in a lot of pain I got some 30-gauge insulin needles and shared my Dilaudid with her and she made a full recovery.

Last edited:
There are always stories I hear about monkeys who steal peoples' alcoholic beverages when they are not looking and wind up as alcoholics, and others who eat cigarettes and still others who lick out opium pipes and get habituated. I know of maybe 10 people who over the years have set aside a location like a room or part of the basement of the house or office to smoke, and then within a few weeks, the cat/s come running when the smoker is in the vicinity and start meowing, as if they are asking the people when they are planning on lighting up because the cats want some nicotine too Then there are the apes in zoos who smoke cigarettes and raccoons who find alcohol and get loaded.

There was also the lab where they were testing morphine and the like on animals, and one night, an octopus got out of her tank, walked across the room, broke into the cabinet and ate all the morphine and then returned to the tank for a nice nod.
I dont even know what to say but can we really blame the octopus?

I also think that a heroin user who is in fact unknowingly shooting carfentanil really is not so much an overdose death as it is a poisoning, an assassination one could say if they believe the government is directly behind what has been happening, , but I don't expect that to change in the US media, as there are any number of reasons the powers than be either think it is groovy or don't give a rat's fat arse . . . I think it is the latter, but I am starting to wonder more and more . . .

Since there is still a War On Drugs, wouldn't it technically be Enemy Killed In Action? It is not a war on drugs, it is a war on people,, all of whom have hopes and dreams and people who care about them . . .
Man, I swear you're one of the clear examples that some drug users are extremely intelligent. Every single post of yours is so damn well written, it almost makes me cry how vast your vocabulary is.

I dont even know what to say but can we really blame the octopus?

Octopodes are quite smart and their relatives the giant and colossal squids have the longest nerve cells in the animal kingdom, up to 15 metres long . . . I think the octopus has multiple brains like it has three to five hearts . . .

Something I have heard a few times in the past and recently saw done on a television programme is that veterinarians tend to favour Tussionex and Hydromet syrups as strong analgesics for reptiles and amphibians. I am thinking maybe it is because they have to swallow the medicine and they have high bioavailability and so forth, as doing an IV butorphanol, dimethylthiambutene, or morphine injection in a gecko or snake must be very difficult and would require an uncommonly fine needle like 36 or 40 gauge to do it. I have given small mammals with diarrhoea poppy pod tea and given poppy seeds and poppy seed tea to birds in the same case.

Man, I swear you're one of the clear examples that some drug users are extremely intelligent. Every single post of yours is so damn well written, it almost makes me cry how vast your vocabulary is.

What I can't figure out is if he's a brit or a joseph conrad type who's english is enriched as a product of being non-native (9/10 i'm assuming its former, though hoping its the latter).

I've probably OD'd loads of times on Cocaine without really knowing it. I'd always make a huge line for my first line and it would always send me paranoid about 20 minutes later. Then I'd have another line and it would make me drip in sweat profusely and my heart would be racing, if I had to guess my heart would be beating 200bps which is dangerous. I quit Cocaine 5 years ago and I havent looked back!

Once I overdosed on alcohol (yes, you can) by drinking 6 cans of 8% cider, 2 bottles of wine and a 1.5 liters of vodka in in 2 hours (plus 43 x 25mg diphenhydramine) WHILE LIVING IN A CARER-ASSISTED living hostel for vulnerable people. They found me unconscious, put me on my bed and left me there for 58 hours passed out.
Not once did they call a nurse or an ambulance. My dad wanted to sue for negligence when he found out. They're supposed to do a well-being check every 6 hours and call for a doctor if needed.
I had like an apartment in this complex btw and was allowed alcohol and other legal substances just as if you lived anywhere so I didn't break the rules. Most people living there have a combination of substance dependency and mental illness.#
The manager (I actually got kicked-out eventually because I allegedly - I have no recollection - tried to punch her while blacked out) was a real cunt and made my life there miserable at every opportunity. She actually bitched at me and made fun of me over it.
She used to wind me up as much as possible too with snarky little remarks. Like once I was in tears because my ride didn't turn up that day and I'd just had to walk a 6 mile round trip for my methadone and was in agony as I have severe degenerative arthritis in my knees and she said to another staff member - loudly - "fucking pain in my ass, this one. So spoilt! I wish *I* could go for a walk".
She also used to tell my parents who I'd see three times a week and were all I had at the time to stop visiting me because I needed to "grow up and stop being a drain on their time".
One time I had a grand mal seizure in the reception area and a member of staff called an ambulance as I was coming out of it. I was sitting waiting for the ambulance when she (the manager) called them back and said I was faking and to not come. I then went into status epilepticus and only survived because that member of staff use her personal phone to call another ambulance. The manager got a formal caution off her boss, but that was it. Surely that's a fire-able offence?

Sorry, that started off relevant lol. I just had to vent.

It was OKC county jail, it's worse then prison….They don't try to correct you they torture you….When I took the five XTC I was so out of it….I thought I was in a dawn of the dead movie..I walk to a gas station across from the gay clubs….I make a scene and they call the cops….When they arrived I walked out and put my chocolate milk on their Unit….From there I was hit by hit….Iwas so high that I didn't feel any of the blows….I was then thrown into the car and ran to jail From there I was thrown to the floor, One guard held me down and the other pulled his pants down, from there all I remember is that I screamed I have HIV…..Which I don't but at the time I was so out of it that I really didn't know what was what….I'm then thrown into a stretcher and they put a catheter in me and pull it out w the balloon open…I didn't know your pee hole could be the size of a half dollar….I get put in the ambulance and they shot me up in both forearms w something..As I look up at the skylight I saw Father forgive me in Jesus name and fell asleep….

Then the rest is history.

Fucking hell, that's terrifying. Sorry you had that experience *hugs*

I know someone who about 10 years ago was caught by the cops running down a city street at 40 km/h on two broken ankles and it turned out that this dissociative anaesthesia was provided by something like 720 mg/dl of alcohol -- it took four days to sober up.

Self-unintubation seems to have a really high fatality rate and I have known three people that happened to and a fourth who did it and was in a persistent vegetative state because of it for something like four and a half months but had a remarkably complete recovery considering everything that happened. There was a man in town who was injured very badly in the head after a motorcycle accident who very well could have removed the tubes as a means of suicide, and then my hairdresser at the time was in hospital in and out of a coma or very deep sedation for H3N8 influenza (which was similar to but worse than Sars; just how she caught the 1891 Asiatic Horse Flu and the one that killed George Burns' parents in 1903 all the way in 2009 was never explained) and she got up in the night and removed it and suffocated.

Hmm, I think I'll bang up some dextromoramide and drink a big coffee and eat caffeine tablets to get a big long posts . . . . ahah ahaahah!

I had an aunt who way back when added a little bit of tubing and a Y to her oxygen apparatus in hospital so that she could put her cigarette holder into the tubing and smoke whilst she had the nasal cannula or mask on, and brought a lot of the tubes and things home with her, so her husband would turn on the oxygen, then connect his tobacco pipe to the thing somehow and would mix opium or Dilaudid with his smoking tobacco and soon had constructed a large, complex bong with the medical equipment with two or three chambers and several places to suck in the smoke. Both of their enthusiasm for water pipes and more or less quitting tobacco smoking a long time ago has allowed them to live to a healthy old age, and they are spry and quick, quick as a hot knife through opium . . .

I used to tap a little morphine into a cigarette and would smoke it , and learned how to chase the dragon using about a half-dozen different morphine derivatives and started to assemble my opium smoking outfit at the time going to antique shops and trading implements with other folks, like those who used the bowl scrapers as improvised screwdrivers and all that kind of thing. They both gave up tobacco quite some time ago but like opium, smack, morphine, dipipanone, Palf, phenadoxone, and that stuff and will sometimes smoke/vapourise it. When I would cook up the opium prior to smoking it , I often mixed morphine, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, and/or hydromorphinol into the liquid opium or knead some smack or nicomorphine powder into it, Usually the only reason they smoke tobacco is to use it as a substrate to smoke morphine or something like that.

My neighbour has a pet kiwi who makes her own acetylmorphone from D and Affordable Care Act Cap'n Crunch cereal ( AcA) right before it is time to let it rip, usually likes to mainline or rail it, or shoot it into her cloaca with an oral syringe like for feeding little squirrels and raccoons who lost their mothers, including making sure they get all the vitamin A and B₃ they want. Obtaining a powder of the narcotic by drying andthen mixing it into Bolivian Marching Powder or Vitamin R or something of the same sort works well. The kiwi also had eggs of little dibenzoylmorphine and acetylpropionylmorphine and nicomorphine birds in her nest too a lot of the time. and one of the male birds we call Ace Chloride, Pet Detective.

When I was a child, I was having eye surgery and tests in hospital and they kept the damn 15-gauge IV needle in my arm the whole time for the first couple of days, so I could not roll over and it made it impossible for me to sleep, so the second night, I removed it with proper technique -- it wasn't giving me anything but a slow trickle of isotonic saline to keep it open -- which my sister who was a nursing student taught me and watched me do it, and then I rolled over and went to sleep. I was very obstreperous when the nurse asked what was going on the next morning and I asked the chaplain, a couple of the other nurses, my GP/paediatrician and my family members and neighbours to help me get something changed,, and for the remaining nights, they put the IV line in a part of my arm which was not as obtrusive, it was some kind of smaller and flexible catheter and allowed me to move around better, and I got a small glass of a cough syrup with phenyltoloxamine, dextromethorphan, and dihydrocodeine after dinner and then they gave me a capsule of hydroxyzine HCl, and a shot of orphenadrine HCl and dihydromorphine tartrate in the IV at bedtime, and I slept at lot better the remaining nights I was there.

I had some kind of projectile vomit and violent coughing and asthmatic-type reaction to something the radiologists were giving me in the IV, so I was on a benzodiazepine and hydromorphinol combination for the rest of the day

They used a paint brush on my tear ducts, my eyelids, and inside my nose to daub 17.5 per cent C-Jam solution when they were getting ready to cut me, then the sedative was my very first dose of the glorious drug Scophedal, then the anaesthesia itself was levorphanol & nitrous, and I remember the high but not the surgery -- excellent, and to this day I insist on that protocol for endoscopies and spinal injections. Most recently, a few years ago, they did trihexyphenidyl + ephedrine + dipipanone + propofol, my only complaint being that I forgot the entire thing. I was sure that Sexy Trihexy added to dipipanone and ephedrine and so on would be very good, but of course no memory of it, and I was told I had everybody gather round the bed and told them I love everybody and people need a Recommended Daily Allowance of Diconal and Sexy Trihexy to make the world run more smoothly. When I woke up, I was at first convinced that I had travelled back to 1910 and was disappointed to hear that was not the case. A couple of years later, I ate Sexy Trihexy and Bentyl with DHC and coffee with my science instructor after the end of the school day and she ended up feeling my cock and showing me her clit, which I used a little paintbrush on. I also learned about Ben Wa balls that night, thinking earlier that it had something to do with Benoît Mandelbrot at first.

The anaesthesiologist earlier gave me some levorphanol tablets partially to make sure I tolerated it well so they could use it in the IV for the surgery, and he left the box and said to have some if I needed it, and before and after the surgery, he gave me some hits off the nitrous oxide tank and told me the history of nitrous oxide whilst I was breathing it in and laughing. He also sent me home with a 32-count box of morphine + cyclizine (Cyclomorphine) tablets and that was about the time that I discovered Blue Velvet on my own because I would take them with an small cup of coffee and an effervescent tablet of tripelennamine citrate in water; the tripelennamine and a bunch of hydroxyzine my maths teacher brought back from Paris with her earlier that year.

I took the antihistamine Pyribenzamine for hay fever and Föhnkrankheit and it felt wonderful along with DHC linctus and paracetamol and caffeine and I felt just like Jesus' nephew and made sure to ask my doctor for a shot of the combination the next time I went in for an appointment, also about the time I discovered glutethimide and was introduced to nicomorphine (Vilan) tablets and suppositories too when arthritis in my spine first blew up and paracetamol, aspirin, and thebacon would cut it usually but not always. Then I just accidently stumbled on Loads by taking a half of a Doriden with the thebacon and paracetamol and aspirin with caffeine one night,

By that time I was such an antihistamine lover and expert that on a family vacation I made a point of wangling a factory tour of sorts at a location of Rhône-Poulenc and was elated to find that they indeed has sort of factory outlet store at which I purchased bottles of a bunch of different types of antihistamines and also some monographs and books about antihistamines. I had a very interested and motivated lab partner in the form of one of our pet rabbits who had a bad itch a lot of the time, so I tried all sorts of different antihistamines in drinking water and cucumber and the rabbit loved them all. Years later I had a cat and three rabbits who were secondhand opium smokers and would come running when they saw the keyless saxophone and/or heard the tray with the outfit on it bang down on the table.

Cyclizine adds to the euphoria of opiates so well. I blagged my way to a script for it for such purposes. I've never known someone experience such a huge variety of anti-histamine/opioid uses as yourself! I'm impressed!

Are you referring to people pulling their incubation tubes out accidentally or purposefully?

Cyclizine adds to the euphoria of opiates so well. I blagged my way to a script for it for such purposes. I've never known someone experience such a huge variety of anti-histamine/opioid uses as yourself! I'm impressed!

Are you referring to people pulling their incubation tubes out accidentally or purposefully?

In those cases it was really hard to tell . . . I imagine that all or most of them had been sedated and intubated for a prolonged period, may have awoken, and feel this tube going down their throat and pull it out as that has to be an awful sensation and even though it is a tube with air going through it must cause a partial suffocation sensation . . . intubation can require heavy-duty muscle relaxants for the region, which may be why unfortunate sequelae to pulling out the tubes are so common. The usual method of removing the tube may be to wait for the relaxant to wear off, or reverse it or whatever.

In those cases it was really hard to tell . . . I imagine that all or most of them had been sedated and intubated for a prolonged period, may have awoken, and feel this tube going down their throat and pull it out as that has to be an awful sensation and even though it is a tube with air going through it must cause a partial suffocation sensation . . . intubation can require heavy-duty muscle relaxants for the region, which may be why unfortunate sequelae to pulling out the tubes are so common. The usual method of removing the tube may be to wait for the relaxant to wear off, or reverse it or whatever.

I was in a short coma once (I doubt they gave me muscle relaxants as I was in a coma/not breathing due to barbiturate overdose) and remember instinctively tryig to pull to tub up before I was even fully awake. Fortunately the nurse was in the room and he injected me with flunitrazepam (I was super-groggy but I'm 90% sure that's what he said it was) because "he's panicking" and then he removed it right away himself.

When I had a very severe acute pancreatitis I was rarely conscious and even more rarely coherent due to a combination on being seriously ill and being on huge doses of IV morphine, lorazepam and phenobarbital and I would wake up and compulsively pull the tubes out of my arms (just the ones giving me fluids). I have no idea why. There were permanently mini-lakes of saline and blood by my bed.

I nodded on heroin hard and my friend couldn't wake me, no narcan then so he tossed me in the shower and put a little coke up my nostril. I would never advise anyone of this but i came out of it so it was an od, just not a lethal one

I nodded on heroin hard and my friend couldn't wake me, no narcan then so he tossed me in the shower and put a little coke up my nostril. I would never advise anyone of this but i came out of it so it was an od, just not a lethal one

Cold showers are inadvisable btw. Not only do they not work, they can drop your already-low body temperature and cause hypothermia. The same way coffee makes drunk people worse. Caffeine has no effect on blood alcohol (this should be obvious) but now you have an ALERT drunk person, which is worse.

It did happen.

Telling them you had HIV/AIDS was a smart move.
I was raped once and as he pulled out and started hitting me and went to rape me again I just smiled, winked at him and said "So what do you want me to now?".
Rape if about power and he lost his erection immediately. He was getting rougher and rougher and I think that saved my life.