• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Term "Overdose" is not always death

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Dunno if this is the correct place to post this
I see this alot lately and i wanted to just inform people and get the knowledge out there so its more common that an overdose does not specifically mean death or what not,
you can say you overdosed if you took double your prescribed medication technically although no one uses the term that way.
Overdosing is also overdoing it / taking more than ones mind/body can handle i just felt that this specifically with regards to 'overdose' wasn't common knowledge
knowledge is power folks

i might be waay to amp'd up to be making a thread like this herpderp :/ ~ zonxx

I think a lot of us know this but it is true; in pop culture/media they often think OD's are fatal or are close to life threatening.

An OD can just mean you are experiencing side effects, very true.

In 05 I took five X…..I had just come out of five days in a awful jail detox, I was already psychotic…..When I was on the gurney being ran thru the jail I thought surely I was going to die….All I could think about was my ex and how I would never see her again….When I woke up in detox I was completely psychotic…I wen to jail four times in a row…..After the NDE I went to jail to=wo more times….My skin was green and I knew my organs where failing..I bet the guards wondered why I was still alive….I was in there two months thinking a great war was going on outside the jail….I thought if you didn't receive the mark of the beast on your right hand you were sent to the third floor where they would tie you down and chop you up while alive and feed you to the other inmates that did receive the mark

The media has scared people to a point of ignorance in many cases. I have watched friends overdose in front of me and in many cases vomiting prevented a need for Narcan. It is good for people to understand overdosing does not equate death but very well can lead to death. Solid post man.

In 05 I took five X…..I had just come out of five days in a awful jail detox, I was already psychotic…..When I was on the gurney being ran thru the jail I thought surely I was going to die….All I could think about was my ex and how I would never see her again….When I woke up in detox I was completely psychotic…I wen to jail four times in a row…..After the NDE I went to jail to=wo more times….My skin was green and I knew my organs where failing..I bet the guards wondered why I was still alive….I was in there two months thinking a great war was going on outside the jail….I thought if you didn't receive the mark of the beast on your right hand you were sent to the third floor where they would tie you down and chop you up while alive and feed you to the other inmates that did receive the mark
jesus i lack words other than . thats fucking intense. but where are you from? here in canada, the supervising jailer (they work in shifts) are responsible for your wellbeing so if you die on their watch, theyre in some deep doodoo, or are you reffering to Prison? again here prison guards aren't responsible but they do watch out for things like this and mandatorily send you to the hospital wings, luckily i was only in prison for 4 days during my lifetime while waiting to see a judge during a long weekend... it wasn't bad though for a federal prison, the other inmates were pretty chill, that or they didn't wana cause beef with me because i was in for assaulting 3 police officers because rather than talk to me like a normal person one of them decided to grab my arm, so i smashed his head into a wall, ohh lord how i've changed over the years, i probably wouldn't do that again i felt bad afterwards but i was high, and out of nowhere while talking to them about i dont even remember what! one ahole aggresively grabbed me which as not a very touchy person set me off

The media has scared people to a point of ignorance in many cases. I have watched friends overdose in front of me and in many cases vomiting prevented a need for Narcan. It is good for people to understand overdosing does not equate death but very well can lead to death. Solid post man.
Thats tough, whats even tougher is giving someone narcan who didnt absolutely need it, i csnt fathom the pain and mental suffering of instant 100% withdrawal

Thats tough, whats even tougher is giving someone narcan who didnt absolutely need it, i csnt fathom the pain and mental suffering of instant 100% withdrawal

Better to err on the side of caution, though?
Especially for non-medical people that have no substance-experience themselves.

Better to err on the side of caution, though?
Especially for non-medical people that have no substance-experience themselves.
Agreed, this stigma however that drug users are stupid/unknowledgable < k dont kill me for that grammar murder my brain is herpderping alittle rn
Most drug-experienced users are extremely knowledeable whether it be for themselves or in general, myself have been out of nowhere by non drug friends suggested to take up pharmacology but whos got time fro dat!

It was OKC county jail, it's worse then prison….They don't try to correct you they torture you….When I took the five XTC I was so out of it….I thought I was in a dawn of the dead movie..I walk to a gas station across from the gay clubs….I make a scene and they call the cops….When they arrived I walked out and put my chocolate milk on their Unit….From there I was hit by hit….Iwas so high that I didn't feel any of the blows….I was then thrown into the car and ran to jail From there I was thrown to the floor, One guard held me down and the other pulled his pants down, from there all I remember is that I screamed I have HIV…..Which I don't but at the time I was so out of it that I really didn't know what was what….I'm then thrown into a stretcher and they put a catheter in me and pull it out w the balloon open…I didn't know your pee hole could be the size of a half dollar….I get put in the ambulance and they shot me up in both forearms w something..As I look up at the skylight I saw Father forgive me in Jesus name and fell asleep….

Then the rest is history.

I also think that a heroin user who is in fact unknowingly shooting carfentanil really is not so much an overdose death as it is a poisoning, an assassination one could say if they believe the government is directly behind what has been happening, , but I don't expect that to change in the US media, as there are any number of reasons the powers than be either think it is groovy or don't give a rat's fat arse . . . I think it is the latter, but I am starting to wonder more and more . . .

Since there is still a War On Drugs, wouldn't it technically be Enemy Killed In Action? It is not a war on drugs, it is a war on people,, all of whom have hopes and dreams and people who care about them . . .

Dunno if this is the correct place to post this
I see this alot lately and i wanted to just inform people and get the knowledge out there so its more common that an overdose does not specifically mean death or what not,
you can say you overdosed if you took double your prescribed medication technically although no one uses the term that way.
Overdosing is also overdoing it / taking more than ones mind/body can handle i just felt that this specifically with regards to 'overdose' wasn't common knowledge
knowledge is power folks

i might be waay to amp'd up to be making a thread like this herpderp :/ ~ zonxx

My dad thinks "overdosing" is taking anything more than prescribed. Like if I take 3 Dihydrocodeine he tells me off for overdosing on it lol.
I always thought of overdose as being when you take enough to experience notable, unwanted, side-effects or complications, especially if medical assistance is required.
About 5 or 6 times a month I technically OD on opiates where I'll go past nodding and be unconscious (usually in bed) for like 36 hours. I've never stopped breathing or needed medical help, but I still think it's an overdose because my eye'll occasionally flutter open a little and I'll get very close to coming around but can't quite force myself awake and fall back into it again.

My dad thinks "overdosing" is taking anything more than prescribed. Like if I take 3 Dihydrocodeine he tells me off for overdosing on it lol.
I always thought of overdose as being when you take enough to experience notable, unwanted, side-effects or complications, especially if medical assistance is required.
About 5 or 6 times a month I technically OD on opiates where I'll go past nodding and be unconscious (usually in bed) for like 36 hours. I've never stopped breathing or needed medical help, but I still think it's an overdose because my eye'll occasionally flutter open a little and I'll get very close to coming around but can't quite force myself awake and fall back into it again.
Hah that feel sorta relates to when my doses were trippled for pain, the first month in the night id sometimes take meds before bed right.. the wake up to pee nod, id situp then nod out while just sitting there, come to and be like ye gotta go to the bathroom, nod out and i had a semi out of body experience nodding, I FELT like i was actually getting up i came around and realized i hadnt moved a muscle

Hah that feel sorta relates to when my doses were trippled for pain, the first month in the night id sometimes take meds before bed right.. the wake up to pee nod, id situp then nod out while just sitting there, come to and be like ye gotta go to the bathroom, nod out and i had a semi out of body experience nodding, I FELT like i was actually getting up i came around and realized i hadnt moved a muscle

Haha that exactly the feeling lol.

@Nicomorphinist I like your writing style, it almost has the Nabokov-like flair of a non-native English speaker.

As far as the attempted suicide accusation, I believe it stemmed from the overdose itself as opposed to the self-unintubation (I challenge anyone who wakes up intubated to simply lie there). Being a bit of an asshole, I made it clear that if I had intentionally overdosed for the purpose of suicide, I would not have survived (though apparently I was nearly as successful accidentally).

It sounds like that dextromoramide is treating you well (perhaps you're the Frenchman in the case study who was taking 500mg of dextromoramide in concert with a whopping 800mg of zolpidem on a daily basis). Never had the pleasure of encountering dextromoramide, closest was perhaps the dipipanone I ordered some ten years ago from Egypt.

Self-unintubation seems to have a really high fatality rate and I have known three people that happened to and a fourth who did it and was in a persistent vegetative state because of it for something like four and a half months but had a remarkably complete recovery considering everything that happened. There was a man in town who was injured very badly in the head after a motorcycle accident who very well could have removed the tubes as a means of suicide, and then my hairdresser at the time was in hospital in and out of a coma or very deep sedation for H3N8 influenza (which was similar to but worse than Sars; just how she caught the 1891 Asiatic Horse Flu and the one that killed George Burns' parents in 1903 all the way in 2009 was never explained) and she got up in the night and removed it and suffocated.

Hmm, I think I'll bang up some dextromoramide and drink a big coffee and eat caffeine tablets to get a big long posts . . . . ahah ahaahah!

I had an aunt who way back when added a little bit of tubing and a Y to her oxygen apparatus in hospital so that she could put her cigarette holder into the tubing and smoke whilst she had the nasal cannula or mask on, and brought a lot of the tubes and things home with her, so her husband would turn on the oxygen, then connect his tobacco pipe to the thing somehow and would mix opium or Dilaudid with his smoking tobacco and soon had constructed a large, complex bong with the medical equipment with two or three chambers and several places to suck in the smoke. Both of their enthusiasm for water pipes and more or less quitting tobacco smoking a long time ago has allowed them to live to a healthy old age, and they are spry and quick, quick as a hot knife through opium . . .

I used to tap a little morphine into a cigarette and would smoke it , and learned how to chase the dragon using about a half-dozen different morphine derivatives and started to assemble my opium smoking outfit at the time going to antique shops and trading implements with other folks, like those who used the bowl scrapers as improvised screwdrivers and all that kind of thing. They both gave up tobacco quite some time ago but like opium, smack, morphine, dipipanone, Palf, phenadoxone, and that stuff and will sometimes smoke/vapourise it. When I would cook up the opium prior to smoking it , I often mixed morphine, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, and/or hydromorphinol into the liquid opium or knead some smack or nicomorphine powder into it, Usually the only reason they smoke tobacco is to use it as a substrate to smoke morphine or something like that.

My neighbour has a pet kiwi who makes her own acetylmorphone from D and Affordable Care Act Cap'n Crunch cereal ( AcA) right before it is time to let it rip, usually likes to mainline or rail it, or shoot it into her cloaca with an oral syringe like for feeding little squirrels and raccoons who lost their mothers, including making sure they get all the vitamin A and B₃ they want. Obtaining a powder of the narcotic by drying andthen mixing it into Bolivian Marching Powder or Vitamin R or something of the same sort works well. The kiwi also had eggs of little dibenzoylmorphine and acetylpropionylmorphine and nicomorphine birds in her nest too a lot of the time. and one of the male birds we call Ace Chloride, Pet Detective.

When I was a child, I was having eye surgery and tests in hospital and they kept the damn 15-gauge IV needle in my arm the whole time for the first couple of days, so I could not roll over and it made it impossible for me to sleep, so the second night, I removed it with proper technique -- it wasn't giving me anything but a slow trickle of isotonic saline to keep it open -- which my sister who was a nursing student taught me and watched me do it, and then I rolled over and went to sleep. I was very obstreperous when the nurse asked what was going on the next morning and I asked the chaplain, a couple of the other nurses, my GP/paediatrician and my family members and neighbours to help me get something changed,, and for the remaining nights, they put the IV line in a part of my arm which was not as obtrusive, it was some kind of smaller and flexible catheter and allowed me to move around better, and I got a small glass of a cough syrup with phenyltoloxamine, dextromethorphan, and dihydrocodeine after dinner and then they gave me a capsule of hydroxyzine HCl, and a shot of orphenadrine HCl and dihydromorphine tartrate in the IV at bedtime, and I slept at lot better the remaining nights I was there.

I had some kind of projectile vomit and violent coughing and asthmatic-type reaction to something the radiologists were giving me in the IV, so I was on a benzodiazepine and hydromorphinol combination for the rest of the day

They used a paint brush on my tear ducts, my eyelids, and inside my nose to daub 17.5 per cent C-Jam solution when they were getting ready to cut me, then the sedative was my very first dose of the glorious drug Scophedal, then the anaesthesia itself was levorphanol & nitrous, and I remember the high but not the surgery -- excellent, and to this day I insist on that protocol for endoscopies and spinal injections. Most recently, a few years ago, they did trihexyphenidyl + ephedrine + dipipanone + propofol, my only complaint being that I forgot the entire thing. I was sure that Sexy Trihexy added to dipipanone and ephedrine and so on would be very good, but of course no memory of it, and I was told I had everybody gather round the bed and told them I love everybody and people need a Recommended Daily Allowance of Diconal and Sexy Trihexy to make the world run more smoothly. When I woke up, I was at first convinced that I had travelled back to 1910 and was disappointed to hear that was not the case. A couple of years later, I ate Sexy Trihexy and Bentyl with DHC and coffee with my science instructor after the end of the school day and she ended up feeling my cock and showing me her clit, which I used a little paintbrush on. I also learned about Ben Wa balls that night, thinking earlier that it had something to do with Benoît Mandelbrot at first.

The anaesthesiologist earlier gave me some levorphanol tablets partially to make sure I tolerated it well so they could use it in the IV for the surgery, and he left the box and said to have some if I needed it, and before and after the surgery, he gave me some hits off the nitrous oxide tank and told me the history of nitrous oxide whilst I was breathing it in and laughing. He also sent me home with a 32-count box of morphine + cyclizine (Cyclomorphine) tablets and that was about the time that I discovered Blue Velvet on my own because I would take them with an small cup of coffee and an effervescent tablet of tripelennamine citrate in water; the tripelennamine and a bunch of hydroxyzine my maths teacher brought back from Paris with her earlier that year.

I took the antihistamine Pyribenzamine for hay fever and Föhnkrankheit and it felt wonderful along with DHC linctus and paracetamol and caffeine and I felt just like Jesus' nephew and made sure to ask my doctor for a shot of the combination the next time I went in for an appointment, also about the time I discovered glutethimide and was introduced to nicomorphine (Vilan) tablets and suppositories too when arthritis in my spine first blew up and paracetamol, aspirin, and thebacon would cut it usually but not always. Then I just accidently stumbled on Loads by taking a half of a Doriden with the thebacon and paracetamol and aspirin with caffeine one night,

By that time I was such an antihistamine lover and expert that on a family vacation I made a point of wangling a factory tour of sorts at a location of Rhône-Poulenc and was elated to find that they indeed has sort of factory outlet store at which I purchased bottles of a bunch of different types of antihistamines and also some monographs and books about antihistamines. I had a very interested and motivated lab partner in the form of one of our pet rabbits who had a bad itch a lot of the time, so I tried all sorts of different antihistamines in drinking water and cucumber and the rabbit loved them all. Years later I had a cat and three rabbits who were secondhand opium smokers and would come running when they saw the keyless saxophone and/or heard the tray with the outfit on it bang down on the table.
i just love that you claim your cats were opium smokers, im so sleep deprived i pictured a couple caps sitting in an opium den just chillin out going "seen the litter box man?" but this does bring to attention for those with animals i know forsure when i was smoking upwards of 4 grams of hash a day that my dog my getting fucking ripped can get high off second hand drugs, although i never intentionally blew any smoke toward him, infact id try to get it away from him

Second hand op, like this yellow kitty in 1903 San Francisco:
San%252520Francisco%252520Chinatown%252520Opium%252520Den%252520Addicted%252520Cat.jpg

It was OKC county jail, it's worse then prison….They don't try to correct you they torture you….When I took the five XTC I was so out of it….I thought I was in a dawn of the dead movie..I walk to a gas station across from the gay clubs….I make a scene and they call the cops….When they arrived I walked out and put my chocolate milk on their Unit….From there I was hit by hit….Iwas so high that I didn't feel any of the blows….I was then thrown into the car and ran to jail From there I was thrown to the floor, One guard held me down and the other pulled his pants down, from there all I remember is that I screamed I have HIV…..Which I don't but at the time I was so out of it that I really didn't know what was what….I'm then thrown into a stretcher and they put a catheter in me and pull it out w the balloon open…I didn't know your pee hole could be the size of a half dollar….I get put in the ambulance and they shot me up in both forearms w something..As I look up at the skylight I saw Father forgive me in Jesus name and fell asleep….

Then the rest is history.

Are you implying the cop, who pulled down his pants, was going to sexually assault you?

There's falling out which means your really close to an OD but your just passed out hard but still breathing. Then OD'ing is when you require medical intervention and narcan.