The TDS Appreciation Thread vs. Share the Looove!

stardust.hero

Bluelight Crew
*This is the official TDS Appreciation thread :)* a place to send love to someone you've been noticing, someone who has helped you or you've seen heping others, or someone you just want to send some love to. You can choose to just list their name or send a dedicated shout out explanation. Either way, share the love <3

I've been helped by so many people in TDS through my darkest days. I've made friends, and gained confidence and a new form of happiness in my life because of the people I've encountered here!

I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Herbavore. Her inspiration of sadness, perseverance and acceptance brought me back to a place I love. I've gotten to meet her in person which was one of the biggest honors of my life. Herbavore continues to be a mentor and idol (whether she knows it or not) to me and how I am attempting to chop my path through life.

Spork has been a friend to me since the first day I came to Bluelight. She was the first person to acknowledge my presence and it gave me the confidence I needed to submerse myself into TDS and gain the ability to understand what wonders this community could do for a person.. I've developed a feeling of inner happiness and acceptance and general love because of the kind of person she has been to me.

There are so many more of you but eventually you will say something that helps me through my day and I'll have something to type up here. <3

Lets hear who you appreciate <3 <3.
If you don't feel like typing out a long appresh. just send out some love to some names:
<3 Pasteley
<3 Pagey
<3 Mari

Last edited:
This is a good idea!
and thank you stardust, lots of <3 <3 back to you!
Also <3 herbavore
<3 badfish
<3 captaincaveman

You're such a sweetie, stardust. I keep looking back to what you said and get warm fuzzy feelings. :) Your friendship means so much to me and I consider myself to be lucky to have you in my life. I love you. :) <3

A couple other TDS shout outs:
<3n3o<3 You always have a positive mind set and wear your heart on your sleeve no matter what. You. are. amazing. :)

<3sconnie <3 You've been going through a lot and still manage to ask me how I'm doing every time we talk. I love how you actively care about others. You're a great asset to TDS, a true beauty. :)

More later. <3

It seems almost unfair to single anyone in particular out because I've learned a shedload from TDS and the people here, about myself, about the human condition, and about life in general. I don't post nearly as much as I once did in TDS, partly because being in something of a downward spiral for much of the last 12 months I've felt like a hypocrite offering advice I haven't been able to take myself, partly because I've doubted my ability to really offer anything constructive a lot of the time, partly because I find some of it very triggering, and partly because too much of it can be almost overwhelming at times. Sometimes empathy can be a curse! ;)

Having said all that, N3o and Herbavore deserve special mention. I know N3o's stepped down but to moderate this forum so effectively and still give so much of their time and energy to those in pain, day in, day out, week in, week out is a bloody big ask, and yet give it they have, freely and often, always with positivity and optimism, real wisdom and genuine feeling for their fellow travellers through this life, despite all the things going on in their own. They are truly special human beings, and I for one feel immensely priveleged to have found this little corner of the internet and got to know them just a little.

To my fellow travellers in the alcoholism thread, thanks for sharing all your ups and downs, and for sharing mine. I highly doubt I would be approaching two months sober in a coupla days without you. For the people in that thread it's not about how we measure our successes or failures, it's about how we find the will and the strength to continue, and just keep going and not give in, whatever happens. Stick with it. We can beat this shit! :)

To those who've offered their support, to me personally and more indirectly just by sharing their experiences and offering others advice here, thanks. To all of you. It's been an enormous source of inspiration and strength for me. It's helped me get where I am at the minute no question and I'm genuinely grateful for it, I truly mean that.

<3 everyone who has given me advice or told me that things can always be worse, but they can always improve at the same time. Big <3 for TDS.

<3sconnie <3 You've been going through a lot and still manage to ask me how I'm doing every time we talk. I love how you actively care about others. You're a great asset to TDS, a true beauty. :)

Ur so sweet. I totally wasn't expecting to see my name here, u just made my day swEetie!

I got much <3 4 all TDS.. They've gotten me through some though times..

Some1 who I'd like 2 send some xtra <3 2 is:

Spork

Few more in mind, but ill post them later..

Sending more love to:

<3 OverDone
<3 Asclepius
<3 trip
<3 herby
<3 ugly (or pretty as I prefer to call her, cause she is. :))

TDS is the most honest forum on BL, imho. I know I can be myself here. I know my changes and stuff that I've gone through or will go through won't be used to hurt me. I've been on BL a few years now. I started out mostly in the lounge, but that was never comfortable. For me, TDS is the one forum where I know that even though I do stupid stuff from time to time, I can discuss anything freely. None of the other forums have the compassion TDS has.

Needless to say, I have major <3 for this forum. The people who post here are the people I enjoy knowing and wish I could know better.

RedLeader - love you brah you are legit and we go way back
CH - Life timers brother.
Posa - my sister <3 <3 so much love for you girl

all the mods - cuz lets be real, I've been a real on this board before and was welcomed back <3 (ocean .. n3o ... OD .... ) my list could go on forever on the real.

Sending lots of love and appreciation to taow today. <3 <3 <3

I have been contemplating for days how to approach this thread because my mind boggles at all the people I want to name and then I worry that I would leave someone out so I have arrived at a plan. My plan is simple. Start with the alphabet! Today is A day:

Asclepius

Anomaly88

Addictivepersona

AnybodythatIforgothasanAname=D

<3<3<3