• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The SO Piercing Questions & Discussion Mega-Thread

i wear a labret stud/spike... in the middle, and too low to have a ring... i know girls think its sexy (ive asked) one problem is have to be careful and not get into any fights... which is a very good thing

Well since you asked ;) For some reason I don't generally find that piercing to look good on people. However thats just my personal opinion and I don't think that should stop you from doing whatever you want to do. I think the only person I've seen (face to face) who has a lip piercing where I actually thought it looked GOOD and suited them very well was Chrissie. Honestly :)

The friend part of me says "you'd look great with the piercing", but the old man part of me says "you'll regret it later".

From most of the responses thus far, it seems to be a consensus to do the center (if you do it) for general symmetry, though I could see you with one off towards one side, as well - similar to the way eyebrow piercings are way off to the side usually. If it were off to the side, it may remind me of a fish on a hook, whereas, one in the center is just more aesthetic (most people prefer symmetry). Off to the side could indicate more of an off-center personality, someone more unique nd unusual (as if piercings alone didn't convey it well enough).

For someone lacking a tattoo and who has worn his earing about 3 nights in the past 10 yrs, I sure say a lot but don't say much. The only thing I will strongly urge is a) don't listen to the old man part of me, he's a fuddy-duddy and you're too young and exuberant to live by his standards, and b) do what you think is right - you're the one that has to live with it.

Oooohh, what about using photoshop and a pic of yourself to see what your options may look like after the fact? That way you can decide ahead of time if you want it, where you want it, and what kind of jewelry you'd like to see yourself wearing? (BBB, does this open up a new avenue of gifts for m'lady? ;) ).

I have a vert- labret and i LOVE it. See my gallery to check out how it looks....

I have a few friends with regular lip peircings and tooth/gum problems seem to be the biggest problem...

i have a (centered) labret piercing, and i agree that it is kind of rough on your gums over time. it is up high enough for me to put a hoop through when i want to, so that versatility is cool. i keep mine out a lot in the interest of professionalism and to give my gums a break, but i've had this piercing for about 5 years so i have that luxury. a new piercing will not offer that same kind of freedom.

i personally think that lip/labret jewelry is smoking hot. small centered hoops on women look good when they're done right. i've seen some skater type guys with lip rings on one side of their bottom lip, and i wanted to jump them right there. that crooked, punkass thing on guys really does it for me though - cockeyed ball caps, asymmetrical piercings, etc. i'm not sure how i would feel about that same look on a girl though, especially you. your look never suggests "sloppy" or "slacker troublemaker" which is kind of what the off-center lip piercings say to me. you'd have to do something a little more classy looking in order for it to fit you.

i vote for the vertical labret, centered, with small jewelry.

^ ditto. I strongly suggest getting pierced with a 14 if your going to get a vert labret and waiting 3 or 4 months, then putting in a 16. The 14 looked HUGE on me in compairison to the 16g i have now, but I think it might have been too small to begin with (it could rip easier)

good luck!

Go for a nose stud. This is just from one males perspective, but I find lip/labret peircings to be a major turnoff.

I just want to be clear here, since a lot of people seem to think I'm suggesting a traditional labret piercing - I'm suggesting a vertical labret, which is a bit different. One hole should be right in the center/top of your lower lip, while the other is on the lip line. Def check out gothfaery3's to get an idea of what I am saying. Not everyone has gum/tooth damage from piercings, but people do have a tendency to play with their piercings, so it's just a suggestion to consider :)

^^^ Wow does that sound like it hurts... Not that the ring would be any different but yeah.....

There are a couple of pics in the gallery of girls with a piercing in the middle of their bottom lip and I think the ones on the lip line look pretty good. Do you have any other facial piercings atm? I dont think I'd be game enough to get one myself.

Do they affect kissing at all?

just had my labret done......... went central co sof the whole symetry thing, I like the ones on the side but I dont think it would suit my face.

it does rub on my gums though, which I figure is gonna end up being a problem......... I'm really happy with the posistion and style though (I have a thing gauge and a small steel ball).

"Do they affect kissing at all?"

I have the initial bar in still and its a bit longer than I want, and it does get in the way when I kiss..... and I fear even with a smaller bar its still gonna be in the way... I think its cos of the way I kiss, and can kiss without it being a pain but I prefer kissing my ordinary way!!

I'm gonna get a slightly smaller bar and see if that helps....

tranceaddiKt >> Get it done!! you can always take it out :)

Well i got mine done and it gets a good response, so yeah i think you will pull it off.

Here's me in the middle of the piercing:
22546PiercingPainJr.JPG

I'll post final shots in a minute