• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Bromo-DMT Thread

Well I made a pretty poor decision @negrogesic and ended up taking the 5-Br-DMT, BOD, 3C-E, Shrooms in this three day bender mixing stuff when I was on Alprazolam. It was a blast I sniffed lines and it was Swirly but like I said I was on so many drugs at the time it is hard to separate what was what. The whole bender triggered this wacky afterglow and I felt like I was still on drugs for a solid week after I stopped dosing, was a pretty epic time but I failed from scientific aspect surely.
Sniffed lines of bromo?

LOL We cant put that much weight on Charlie. You all have pipes and lungs yourselves. :D But I take it the first ever word used for sea DMT is Swirly. Ah man, I did laugh hard (in a good way). We still have this mystery substance. Then again there are most likely a million mystery substances not even developed yet I think we all hyped it due to the name. But it may pan out to be interesting. I have not tried Yopo yet so I know for myself there are too many things I have not tried.

I will say even the smallest amount of a benzo tones down a trip to less than half the intensity for me. I only use them at the end when I want to come down. I was at a Jazz festival and took a hit of blotter that was very strong and I took 10 mgs of valium to calm myself a little. I was still tripping but way less. Still a great day but there are plenty of posts of people doing crazy things on benzos. Wow, benzo's and DPT. I bet it took the shaking and vibrating down a bit to a lower level.
You think even 1mg alprazolam could reduce a trip by half?

Well I just ordered some and being the seasoned psychonaut that I am expect a full workup on this compound soon!!!

You think even 1mg alprazolam could reduce a trip by half?
1mg of alprazolam completely kills even my most intense trips!!! Usually I take valerian root if I am trying to edge myself down a bit which works quite well to relax me but not kill my trip!

Doubt that. Dream fish are reported to have very long durations; unless the 5-bromo on this massively increases tryptime, the fish have something else in them.
That's the Mediterranean dream fish. Not The species here Norfolk Island. Bromo dmt is orally active. The local dream fish is exactly like the anecdotal trip experiences for bromo dmt. Super relaxing and sedative with high doses smoked giving some visual.

Eating the fish... It's super oily and had a hint of dmt like aroma/taste. Old folk love them cause of the relaxation. Traditionally eaten a couple hours before bed. Some folk dream, some it has no effect other then relaxation/sedation. No doubt 50 mg smoked would have a pronounced effect but I doubt the amount in a meal of fish would be more then 15-20 mg.

When I read about the scappa ?? From the Mediterranean and 7 days... well that's a deliriant drug most likely found in the sea grass it eats.

As for the substance it's... unpredictable and individual experiences and dosage may vary greatly.

Yesterday I orally consumed 100mg of 5-Bromo while fasted, with no tolerance and it seemed to have no effect. It's making me think it's not orally active, or at least for me. I'm debating whether or not to mix it with a MAOI but I'm not knowledgeable enough on how to do that safely so it sketches me out. If any of y'all know of a comprehensive resource(s) for how to safely use a MAOI I might try mixing the two. I'm gonna keep on exploring this compound though. IMO smoking it seems to not be the best route of administration as I feel you'd need to smoke way more than what would be comfortable (100-200mg) to have a decently strong experience hence why I took it orally. I'm planning on testing the effects of 200mg. I'll be back, hopefully with a proper trip report in a couple of weeks :)

It seemed very acidic I put 10 mg on my tongue allergy test. It was sour and made my tongue super raw. (It felt like I ate too much pineapple). If it's not orally active on 200mg I'm thinking about snorting it but the fact that it made my tongue so raw with so little makes me not want to snort it. Does anyone have any ideas to reduce this effect? Would a saline solution make it burn less? Could I mix it with a base like baking soda to neutralize it or would that alter the chemical structure and make it inactive?

Bromo dmt is orally active
Why would you think this?

The 5-br-DMT has never been identified in any of the hallucinogenic fish, only sea sponges. Also the reported effects of eating the fish are very long lasting.

5-meo-DMT isnt orally active either...afaik there is no evidence to suggest that its orally active on it's own.
I'm debating whether or not to mix it with a MAOI but I'm not knowledgeable enough on how to do that safely so it sketches me out
I do think this would work but I'd be extremely careful and I'd recommend starting with very low doses if you do try this. While I'd be very interested in hearing reports on that, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

IME it is mildly psychedelic, but has the same relaxing effect of low dose dmt.
Could I mix it with a base like baking soda to neutralize it or would that alter the chemical structure and make it inactive?
Basifying with sodium bicarb would turn it into the freebase which likely has a very poor water solubility and likely make it inactive with this ROA.

@xorkodid you ever get around to trying this?? I'm not a crazy AMT fan, but I'd be very curious to hear a TR for any halogenated AMT.

Side question, are there any experience reports for an N alkylated AMT?

I did, I wrote two trip reports on it that you can find in the TR subforum. I still want to push the dose higher but I haven't done so yet.

So far I find it somewhat similar to AMT, except lighter, less bodyload, and possibly less profoundly euphoric. But that could be because of the low dose (12mg was my max dose so far... I have read of people taking it up to 40mg or 60mg, on reddit).

Ok so I have a 10 mg test, a 30 mg dose, a 45 mg dose and a 60 mg dose all weighed out. I want to do this as scientifically as possible however this is my first time researching a chem like this, I have done plenty of Lucy and shrooms but I know tryptamines are a whole separate deal, and the fact that 5-bromo is so widely untested, I wanna do my best to make my contribution.

As promised, I'm back with more research being done. I smoked 50mg of the stuff and it was one of my favourite drug experiences. What was really interesting was it seemed to have 2 very diverse phases.

For the first 30-45 minutes it was like a normal DMT experience. Very internal and laid down with eyes closed. All reports I've read include descriptions of it being a feeling of calm and it was incredible. It was not like the calm from weed, opiates, ketamine nor was it like the feeling of freeness I get from other psychedelics. A simple ease created by a joy for life.

The second phase was much more subtle and lasted another 2 hours after the first phase. It was a very nice empathogenic effect with great pleasure from auditory stimulation. I had found myself holding and hugging my friends without realizing it. It was similar to my experience with MDMA. There was also lots of laughing and joy like a traditional psychedelic experience. I found myself making noises like drumming, moving a pencil on paper and the sound of the wind as listening to the sounds was very satisfying. I found the calm and empathogenic effects to be the main appeal for me but the audio sensitivity was a very welcome aspect of the trip.

I experienced a feeling that I may throw up but had no accompanying nausea. That being said I can not definitively say the drug had any adverse side effects. I had been partying the night before so I went into the experience tired from the drinking and junk food. I was also smoking fumarate so the fumaric acid might have been the cause of this though I think this is unlikely.

I will be trying 100mg once my tolerance resets. You'll hear back from me in the next couple of weeks.

I was also smoking fumarate so the fumaric acid might have been the cause of this though I think this is unlikely.
I believe that it is best practice to freebase a fumarate before smoking it. I support the hypothesis that the fumaric acid may have caused this effect.

As promised, I'm back with more research being done. I smoked 50mg of the stuff and it was one of my favourite drug experiences. What was really interesting was it seemed to have 2 very diverse phases.

For the first 30-45 minutes it was like a normal DMT experience. Very internal and laid down with eyes closed. All reports I've read include descriptions of it being a feeling of calm and it was incredible. It was not like the calm from weed, opiates, ketamine nor was it like the feeling of freeness I get from other psychedelics. A simple ease created by a joy for life.

The second phase was much more subtle and lasted another 2 hours after the first phase. It was a very nice empathogenic effect with great pleasure from auditory stimulation. I had found myself holding and hugging my friends without realizing it. It was similar to my experience with MDMA. There was also lots of laughing and joy like a traditional psychedelic experience. I found myself making noises like drumming, moving a pencil on paper and the sound of the wind as listening to the sounds was very satisfying. I found the calm and empathogenic effects to be the main appeal for me but the audio sensitivity was a very welcome aspect of the trip.

I experienced a feeling that I may throw up but had no accompanying nausea. That being said I can not definitively say the drug had any adverse side effects. I had been partying the night before so I went into the experience tired from the drinking and junk food. I was also smoking fumarate so the fumaric acid might have been the cause of this though I think this is unlikely.

I will be trying 100mg once my tolerance resets. You'll hear back from me in the next couple of weeks.
Im seeing reports that 30mg is basically no experience and 45-50 ish is where the fun stuff starts. So I'm thinking I'll do a 10 mg allergy test, a 50 mg dose, and then wait for your 100 and then do my last 110. Thoughts?

I discovered I accidentally smoked my 4-aco-DMT instead of my 5-Bromo lol. I got sick a couple days after smoking it so I think the feelings of throwing up were from the stomach bug I got.

Last edited:
Im seeing reports that 30mg is basically no experience and 45-50 ish is where the fun stuff starts. So I'm thinking I'll do a 10 mg allergy test, a 50 mg dose, and then wait for your 100 and then do my last 110. Thoughts?
Yeah, I'll be doing a 75 or 100mg at the beginning of June. Let us know how it is. Make sure you actually do the Bromo tho lol. It seems to be very elusive to actually study this drug experience. I get the feeling something about it doesn't want to be known :unsure:

Its funny
Yeah, I'll be doing a 75 or 100mg at the beginning of June. Let us know how it is. Make sure you actually do the Bromo tho lol. It seems to be very elusive to actually study this drug experience. I get the feeling something about it doesn't want to be known :unsure:
you say that, I've had it for almost a month now and I haven't even touched it, I've just been pushing it back and holding it off because it didn't feel quite right yet

It's finally that time, I am going to try the sandwich method w mj for my first time. 25 mg dose of 5-bromo down the hatch time is 10:20 . I do a feel a serenity. I don't feel out of body at all. I am shaking, this is my first time trying a tryptamine. Small small visual at the corners of my eyes. It has been about 5 minutes or so. Things seem to draw my gaze. A slight tingle in my spine. This seems to have done very little, but is a good experience none the less. stoned me a little extra than usual. I feel slightly warm and disconnected and that is all. the time is 10:33 I will prepare the rig for the next adventure. I'll let you guys choose. 40mg. 55 mg. Or 95 mg.

Ended up doing the 40 mg dose in a rig. My ears rang loudly and everything was calm, colors seemed brighter and my eyes seemed like they couldn't rest even when they were closed, even though there were no visuals. My blankets felt very very nice nothing discernable about them, they were just extra cozy. I had no trouble walking and my throat was odd and dry so I went and got water. It felt very viscous. I returned to baseline soon after. Overall this was a very peaceful and calming experience. It would be interesting to blend 5-bromo-dmt with a stronger dmt analogue such as 5-meo-dmt or 4-aco-met considering the strong sedating effects. I would assume it would be a very very interesting experience.