Site Feedback The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. - Mega/Merged

I am getting this all the time. Is anything being done or have they reached maximum capacity and we are stuck with this?

Keep in mind that this impacts the staffs ability to do their usual work on the site in addition to the member base posting. It's a well known issue at this point, and while a major hindrance, please understand that there is considerable effort going into its correction. Thanks to all for their patience.

Latest available official update:

the bluelight engineer is working on a number of server issues and we're optimistic that, when that work is complete, it will address the "server is too busy..." issue in large part. as most know, we're staffed entirely by volunteers and that work takes time - longer, i am sure, than many of us would like in an ideal world.

we know it's frustrating but we are addressing it. we'll update you when we can.

Maybe it's seasonal. This problem has started happening constantly for me over the last couple of weeks

in the last 6 months its just gotten more and more frequent. whatever it is its getting worse and i dont think its based on season

I've been experiencing this for a while as well, it's definately worst on the weekends with this weekend being rediculously bad. It's making it hard for me to slack off at work lol, maybe that's a sign. Each post takes like 15mins amd a shitload of refreshes.

Last edited:
Site needs a major overhaul..

Wipe everything that isn't on first 3 pages (archive certain things)..

Delete all picture threads and get rid of the youtube in post feature..

Make me mod for a couple weeks so i can delete enough threads to stop this bullshit it's doin my head it :sus:

If they cannot afford a larger server then deleting the ability to post actual pictures and requiring the user to only show URLs as a link to the photos stored off site would help a lot.

That and moving depreciated threads and other non current items to another server.

This is getting rapidly worse!

Been absolutely terrible this weekend, but I understand it's being looked into!

Just makes me realise how much I use BL!

edit:

Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

eugh!!

I know that they are working on it but without the ability to buy new equipment I wonder what exactly they are doing?

I wish they would let us know what they are doing or are going to be doing about it so we could all just chill.

Go elsewhere for a server..

Otherwise delete all pic threads for now

Then trim back all threads that are over 3 pages old

Simple

Im volunteering to do it.. carefully making sure i dnt delete important or informative threads..

We need to call in the people who made the Obamacare website.... they will have this straightened out right away

pic threads have nothing to do with the server load, as the pics are not hosted on Bluelight.

I had a thought, because my computer doesn't bounce very well and the keys are vulnerable to the impact of my closed fist, how about instead of "The server is busy at the moment," we have some happy thoughts or maybe some Chinese fortunes. A nice variety of "You look good," "How ya hanging," "The future looks good for you," "Server no abra." and my personal favorite "Thank you, come again."

I had a thought, because my computer doesn't bounce very well and the keys are vulnerable to the impact of my closed fist, how about instead of "The server is busy at the moment," we have some happy thoughts or maybe some Chinese fortunes. A nice variety of "You look good," "How ya hanging," "The future looks good for you," "Server no abra." and my personal favorite "Thank you, come again."

"The number you have reached is not in service at this time. Please check the number and dial again."

After getting the busy server message, I leave Bluelight and come back a bit later. I'm able to get back in, find a thread I like and start typing.
Same crap happens again with the busy server message: this time Click OK. Yes, OK to exit. Really it's not ok, come on server get it together. Robert Deniro is sick of this already.