• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

screw the new xbox. i have zero faith in them putting out a console that wont break in one way or another. im on my second box now and although it hasnt red ringed, it will not allow me to play halo reach. something about the way it streams or caches to and from the hdd. halo was the only franchise tying me to M$ and they (bungie and M$) semi acknowledge that there is an issue, but the only way for me to fix it is to pay them to fix whatevers wrong with my box. meanwhile every other game i own plays just fine. fuck that shit im going PS all the way in the future and ive already built a gaming pc. im pretty sure bungie is turing itself into a cross platform release company anyways and i wont have the xbox live fee anymore.
microsoft dun goofed

^ Ive never liked disks, too breakable. Flash drives have way more memory and are durable. Great idea.

So you are happy not to loan your game to a friend or sell/buy second hand games at a pawn shop?

It is just a blatant money making move by micro soft that will fail if either sony or nitendo choose to keep discs and also make their new consoles backward compatible.

Considering I don't own a current gen console im not bothered by backwards compatibility issues. You can always play your old games on your old system anyways.

What about sharing your games? Are you happy to cart your console over to your friends house?

Would you be able to have multiple games on one flash drive? Im not sure how many games can fit on a flash drive, but id imagine quite a few. What if all you had to do to bring all your games to you friends house was bring your flash drive? You could have all of them with you all the time.

You can't even load music from a flash drive on to a 360, do you think you will be able to transfer games? It is being stored on an internal flash drive similar to the Mac air and you would download your games direct.

actually i think the games will be sold as externals, which can be transported.

That sounds much better. From what I had read I thought it was going to be sold only through an app store but a small flash drive makes more sense. You could even have enough memory on each one for a particular game, which would reduce the need for large internal one. I hope the new console comes bundled with a kinect as standard. I bought one for the kids at xmas and it has so much potential. Hopefully now the coding has be made open source we will see more inovative games coming out for it.

I have a strict $40 limit to how much I spend on games. I am not a big online gamer so I am happy to be 3-4 months behind the people and pick up games once the hype has died down. I'm currently playing Red dead Redemption that I picked up at cash converters for $9.

Dance central 2 for the kinect is fucking awesome. I love getting wasted and having dace offs with the bros (no homo). If you have a kinect and dont have dance central 2 go get in now. Great for building motor skills for the kiddies.

you can say no homo all you want

it's definitely homo

i'm having 5 iron issues

95% of the time i hit the ball flush, on the screws, but it can go anywhere from ~130-~185 yards

i've been to the range twice and am thrilled with my ball striking w/ my irons and arrow bomb shot drives, let the year go on and my game gradually go to shit, but i think first tee off will be wednesday

You're just jealous of my mad dancing skills, its okay, I understand.

you can say no homo all you want

it's definitely homo

i'm having 5 iron issues

95% of the time i hit the ball flush, on the screws, but it can go anywhere from ~130-~185 yards

i've been to the range twice and am thrilled with my ball striking w/ my irons and arrow bomb shot drives, let the year go on and my game gradually go to shit, but i think first tee off will be wednesday

i've had that issue. try closing your club face.

i'm fucking jealous. the weather is perfect and all my boys are golfing and i'm just coming off of crutches. i went to physical therapy today and told her if i can't walk 9 holes and swing a golf club in the 3 weeks i'm going to kill myself.

got to play a country club yesterday, the front nine was designed by former master's champion and native of the county i grew up in, art wall

i was happy with my 46 on the front nine, losing confidence with my wedges was a bless in disguise, i've discovered the beauty of using my 7 and 8 irons near the green, even from like 75 yards out i like to take like a 6 and just hit a punch shot

so today i decided i think i was to go back to college, the same college i already have my sport management degree in

i want to get my pro golf management degreeand become a member of the PGA(there are like 50 some different positions) it's part of the sports management program, so i've already completed most of the classes i need, i can pretty much just take golf classes and be done in less than two years

i took intro to PGM as a senior and got C- in it cause i just wanted to be done with college, so i chose not to use any academic energy my final semester
the head of the PGM program is definietly somebody who can help a nigga out, really respected that dude

i can't wait to apply my self academically for the first time in my life and roll in some 4.0s, participate in summer internships at some of the premier courses in the US, and hopefully one day land a job that requires me travel on tour with the pga or nationwide tour, or golf channel or something

i would do it, but don't think i want to work at a country club or anything

i know you need to be able to score like 10 over par at a somewhat difficult golf course to qualify for the program, i need some help, i'm about a 22 handicap....i play by the rules, don't use mulligans and putt everything, if i miss a 2 footer i count it

Last edited:
oh dear - mostly computer games. I was expecting to see much more sport.

Anyhow - before I go trawling through pages - does anyone know if there's a thread on martial arts? Or would I look in healthy living? Or a different forum altogether? I know there's a few martial arts enthusiasts at least.

Last edited:
^ This forum is mostly sports.

Theres an MMA thread but not sure about straight up martial arts. This would be the forum for it though.

I used to do Taekwondo, but that was about a decade ago lol.

a compromise
552767_10150663101966633_59685491632_9512807_146242668_n.jpg

as for martial arts, i used to play with a very long and very sharp piece of metal
183653_1830660295720_1516762134_1925543_703391_n.jpg

I always used bamboo swords at my school, but for the most part Taekwondo is all about kicking people in the fucking face.