Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• Total voters
Pretty darned good book, I couldn't put it down & finished it in two sittings. I'm looking forward to the film :D

I was left wanting how the world got the way it was, but I guess that's not the point.

the majority of authors in post-apocolyptic non fiction try not to utilize the big question of how things ended up this way. I understand their point, becsause it adds to the mystqiue, however curious cats like me would love to know.

if the movie is anything like the book, it should be widely uninteresting and redundant.

Bump and a review poll?

Caught it last night and it was really epic. Its one of the movies where if only they made it longer to linger on specific scenes. A really great translation from book to film. Great performances. Really gritty. The editing is a bit weird where everything seems condensed.
In some ways the film improves on the book, where the family is more fleshed out.

Best movie I've seen all year.

Great movie, albeit probably one of the most depressing films I've ever seen. "There Will Be Blood" is the only film I can think of that had me more depressed afterwards, lol.

It did make me wish that I had read the book first, though. The narratives in the film are beautifully written, and I assume they were taken straight from the novel.

The book was pretty good and a very quick easy read. i havent seen the movie, yet. But I bet it will be good just based on the book, I dont think its out here quite yet but Im looking forward to seeing it.

I saw the movie recently and enjoyed it, they did the book justice.

On another note I recently read 'Blood Meridian' by Cormac McCarthy and couldn't put it down. Its not an easy read like 'The Road' but the story is so badass it simply makes 'No Country For Old Men' look like a childrens book (though I enjoyed it very much).

Do we have a poll to rate this film yet? 5/5 from me!

I saw it yesterday and loved it; it definitely captured the atmosphere and characters of the book well. I honestly can't remember the last time I cried during a film (if I have in the past at all) but I cried during this.

bump..

i tried to watch this last night and only got an hour into it. i love dystopic films, so was really looking forward to it. the kid and mortenson are awesome, it is a definite tear jerker. i had to stop because i wasn't in the mood for one of "those movies" we are moving, so amidst the packing i couldn't sit still to enjoy it. :) i am looking forward to finishing it though, and reading the book.

Recent Cormac fan here, mainly after I saw No Country For Old Men and decided to delve more into the author's work. There's a section of the All The Pretty Horses trilogy, the part about the boy and the wolf, that saddened me for a number of days. Really, really well written stuff.

I've read The Road and liked it a great deal, but I haven't seen the movie yet. Looking forward to seeing how it is translated onto the big screen, though. Per usual, the Coen Brothers did a brilliant job with NCFOM. Hoping the same happens with The Road.

never heard of the book...so, of course, never read it.

watched the movie, but had to resort to watching it in chunks (damn work computers...and people).

overall, meh....I liked the filming of the post-apocalyptic landscape, but being in chunks I didn't get too sunk into the 'humanity' and drama of the story. Seemed pretty depressing, not much of anything to feel up about....even the 'hope' held by some characters seemed wasted or for naught....like their trek, for a thought of something better, but it felt more like it was for the sake of keeping in motion more than there is an actual destination.

I suppose we could go through some of the 'what would I do....' questions with their situations, but it would probably be too uncomfortable for most of us to even do that with it.

Was my time wasted in watching it? No, I don't think so. Would I watch it again (all in one go)? Maybe....maybe, but probably not. More due to nothing drawing me back to it as opposed to anything pushing me away from it, if that makes sense.

The most depressing film I've seen in ages.

I understand that The Road probably represents a more 'realistic' version of a post-apocalyptic world... but realism isn't always appropriate entertainment.

The story and the themes were as bleak as the landscape.

^thats the point. when reduced to ashes, the basic human experience is bleak.

i LOVE both the book and the movie. 5 stars.

^thats the point. when reduced to ashes, the basic human experience is bleak.

i LOVE both the book and the movie. 5 stars.
I know that's the point. But that's my point. It's depressing and not particularly entertaining as a film. :D

Probably works better as a book.

(somebody with a PipBoy avatar will always give it five stars)

;)