• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Rave Experience v. Three dollars for fucking water?!?

I've never been a fan of producer sets... Although I'd kill to see Shpongle live. *drool*

I'm actually getting a chance to see Shpongle in April... I've never listened to anything by them (him or her?) so if you'd care to enlighten me with some tracks that would be much appreciated. :)

I'm actually getting a chance to see Shpongle in April... I've never listened to anything by them (him or her?) so if you'd care to enlighten me with some tracks that would be much appreciated. :)

You're going to Shpongle and you've never been Shpongled?! Wow!

They're psychedelic journeys so they are meant to be listened to in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cSmdjimA8 - Are You Shpongled? - Its a bit of a darker album but its stellar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQRkl7_K4M - Tales of the Inexpressible - Absolutely blissful psybient masterpiece

I don't like the newer albums as much as those two but maybe its because I haven't tripped to the new ones lol.

There is a lot of psychedelic drug influence in Shpongle and it readily makes itself apparent. There is a track on Are You Shpongled? that is worth listening to by itself in a dark room for a wild sober experience even, Divine Moments of Truth. A lot of Shpongle is DMT influenced but this song is one of the best examples of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-2d6wxudE

Another one is My Head Feels Like a Frisbee - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWOH4OsiPHQ

Its so mindblowingly amazing that every time I hear that track, I start tripping. I'm listening to it right now and the text on the screen is getting hard to read lol.

Shpongle is like an orgasm for your ear drums and your soul.

By the way, Shpongle refers to two people - Simon Posford and Raja Ram. Shpongle is one of their projects. They both worked on The Mystery of the Yeti as well. Simon Posford is also known as Hallucinogen and the other project he is in is Younger Brother.

I'm a huge fan of all of the above but Shpongle and Hallucinogen would be my favorites.

Here's actually a live concert they did in 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2rW-rNgC0

EDIT: How could I forgot about The Infinity Project? Another fantastic project they were a part of. Celtic Cross was a one off that was like psychedelic meets ambient meets rock which was nice. Simon also worked with Ott quite a bit. If you haven't heard Ott, pick up Blumenkraft. It doesn't disappoint!

You've now got me back on a psy/goa kick. Thanks! =D

Last edited:
Just wanted to comment on the title. Haha! So true!

Might edit later to actually respond to the thread. :D I might forget though.. Idk.

^^^^ LOL

In contrast to what PillToChill said, $3 would be great for a [bottle of] water! Fucking NIGHTCLUBS here in Canberra (Australia) charge fucking $5 for a pissy little 500ml bottle. That's the same price they charge for basic spirits. WHATINTHEFUCK?!

You're going to Shpongle and you've never been Shpongled?! Wow!

They're psychedelic journeys so they are meant to be listened to in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cSmdjimA8 - Are You Shpongled? - Its a bit of a darker album but its stellar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQRkl7_K4M - Tales of the Inexpressible - Absolutely blissful psybient masterpiece

I don't like the newer albums as much as those two but maybe its because I haven't tripped to the new ones lol.

There is a lot of psychedelic drug influence in Shpongle and it readily makes itself apparent. There is a track on Are You Shpongled? that is worth listening to by itself in a dark room for a wild sober experience even, Divine Moments of Truth. A lot of Shpongle is DMT influenced but this song is one of the best examples of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-2d6wxudE

Another one is My Head Feels Like a Frisbee - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWOH4OsiPHQ

Its so mindblowingly amazing that every time I hear that track, I start tripping. I'm listening to it right now and the text on the screen is getting hard to read lol.

Shpongle is like an orgasm for your ear drums and your soul.

By the way, Shpongle refers to two people - Simon Posford and Raja Ram. Shpongle is one of their projects. They both worked on The Mystery of the Yeti as well. Simon Posford is also known as Hallucinogen and the other project he is in is Younger Brother.

I'm a huge fan of all of the above but Shpongle and Hallucinogen would be my favorites.

Here's actually a live concert they did in 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2rW-rNgC0

EDIT: How could I forgot about The Infinity Project? Another fantastic project they were a part of. Celtic Cross was a one off that was like psychedelic meets ambient meets rock which was nice. Simon also worked with Ott quite a bit. If you haven't heard Ott, pick up Blumenkraft. It doesn't disappoint!

You've now got me back on a psy/goa kick. Thanks! =D

haha thanks for all the info and links! I'm checking a few out as I type this, liking what I hear so far. :)

They're playing a festival I'm going to and I've only heard good things from a few buddies from Seattle so I figured I'd check them out at the festival :)

haha thanks for all the info and links! I'm checking a few out as I type this, liking what I hear so far. :)

They're playing a festival I'm going to and I've only heard good things from a few buddies from Seattle so I figured I'd check them out at the festival :)

I've missed them both times they've been in Colorado. One of these days.

As you can tell though, I'm a huge fan of them. But I'm sure you now see why.

^ Yeah definitely, a ton of my rave family from Seattle are going to see them when they play in Seattle, that's what kinda got the name in my head then I saw they were playing the festival I'm going to. I'll be sure to rave for you in spirit <3

^ Yeah definitely, a ton of my rave family from Seattle are going to see them when they play in Seattle, that's what kinda got the name in my head then I saw they were playing the festival I'm going to. I'll be sure to rave for you in spirit <3

Ugh. I wish I lived in Seattle for many reasons but this just adds to it.

Maybe I'll find some way to move out that way when my disability comes in. I don't really want to stay in Denver anymore.

Maybe I'll find some way to move out that way when my disability comes in. I don't really want to stay in Denver anymore.

haha yeah it's a really nice city... but it still has nothing on Vancouver ;)

I just love living 20 minutes from the ocean, 40 minutes from the mountains and 60 minutes away from complete and utter wilderness. Hell there are days where I get bored and just take my car and go offroading out in the bush for the day, or take the boat out for the day. Although last time I went offraoding it was a pretty intense experience... Had to turn around on a trail not much wider than my Ford Escape is long on about a 35 degree angle on a sheet of pure ice. Took 45 minutes and I slid about 30 feet down the hill in the process with a cliff on one side... Never been so scared in my life.

haha yeah it's a really nice city... but it still has nothing on Vancouver ;)

I just love living 20 minutes from the ocean, 40 minutes from the mountains and 60 minutes away from complete and utter wilderness. Hell there are days where I get bored and just take my car and go offroading out in the bush for the day, or take the boat out for the day. Although last time I went offraoding it was a pretty intense experience... Had to turn around on a trail not much wider than my Ford Escape is long on about a 35 degree angle on a sheet of pure ice. Took 45 minutes and I slid about 30 feet down the hill in the process with a cliff on one side... Never been so scared in my life.

That whole area sounds marvelous compared to Denver. I'm kind of over not being by an ocean. I'm an air element and I live in a state that is very much air dominant. It leads to me being pretty much emotional cold. Water would balance that out quite nicely.

We have all of that except for the ocean here. I can't tell you how many times I've done stupid shit around the cliffs here. LOL. Its scary as hell!

Bro tank, shorts, comfortable sneakers, and some prism eyes.

Folly, noisecontrollers is going to be the shit! I'm looking forward to it.

I just got a near perfect score in a SAT simulation in preparation for the actual test which i'll be taking in a week and a half with the goal of getting into med school. trust me folks, the feeling of success gives the most intense serotonin rush.

Going to see Sonic Species at a massive in March. Not sure what excites me more though, being at a live Sonic Species set or rolling for the first time in seven months :p

Last edited:
I been kinda takin a break from going to sbows since Meltdown3.5 in detroit... even tho I love a few tracks Wick-it does (especially Walk the Line remix, ill post a link seriously check it out..friggin bad ass, im super picky about trap but i love this track, prolly cuz i heard it for the first time rolling face ) but alot of his other stuff is way to ghetto sounding for me...

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas&p=youtube+walk+the+line+wicket

But the next big one is the Catalina Bassmixer , Skism, liquid stranger , and j.rabbit :) plus a ton of other local dj's, its gna be epic, over 160,000 watts of bass in the main room, ... ugggh I wish my rent wasnt due the same day or id be there for sure.. anyone in Mi should check it out , DRS throws a ragin party thats for sure...lasers and lights like ive never seen and huuuge tanks of liq.nitrogen they spray to cool people down ...
Not to mention my fave after hrs spot; which will have to remain nameless, has a friggin NO2 bar, a bar and a buncha djs that literallu serve and spin til everyone leaves :)) I been there til 8:30a and it was still bangin there.
God I am just bummin myself out lol,I wish ida saved cash from thr last show for this one. Might have to sell a kidney quick or somethin .. lol

IMO you'd probably rather live outside Seattle than in the city, but it's a nice place once you get away from the buildings :)

Anyone in Colorado try bring weed into a rave now that it's legal lol? I imagine in a few years they'll be a giant crowd outside smoking joints, not cigarettes

Anyone in Colorado try bring weed into a rave now that it's legal lol? I imagine in a few years they'll be a giant crowd outside smoking joints, not cigarettes

MY GOD....

I hadn't thought of this yet...

I have noticed whenever people busy out bud at clubs down here you've suddenly got 30-80 tweakers/ravers just turn around like a fucking meerkat and try to extinguish the source of this smell that penetrates everywhere in their nasal cavities, damn hippies lol.

IMO you'd probably rather live outside Seattle than in the city, but it's a nice place once you get away from the buildings :)

Yeah I'd probably look into places around Seattle. I am not really familiar with the area. I have a lot of friends that live out that way though who've been urging me to move for years.

As for the weed... Considering that we still have warehouse parties and people always brought weed to those, yeah I imagine they will.

MY GOD....

I hadn't thought of this yet...

I have noticed whenever people busy out bud at clubs down here you've suddenly got 30-80 tweakers/ravers just turn around like a fucking meerkat and try to extinguish the source of this smell that penetrates everywhere in their nasal cavities, damn hippies lol.

hahahahahahahaha yeah that's how it has always been here but the clubs here always cracked down on it quick (undercover security) so it became less common.

FUCK. One more week until the Noisecontollers crack my brain.... I'm about to go fucking insane!

It'll be nearly 3 months since my last roll, I'm actually kind of surprised I was able to wait so long but it's going to be fucking worth it :D I found an old lab tested MDA pill as well (White Bolt), seems like a sign that I need to dose MDA at a rave :D

I always just dress like i normally do a lil fresh for the event. I rock a lil bit of kandy as well not to much but just pieces I've collected from edc and the memorable past raves.

Im a dancer.and am always head banging im the front with my chick two bros one of which is my twin and there girls.
my older brother is a big time Glover and my twin is a dj major edm head.

We all get down and throw down for boise tryna keep good djs coming threw and spread plur to our waterd down ass scene fulla fakes and cheese cakes.

Just saw excision last night and he was so dope second time seeing him.
had a good roll an a chill as kick back with the bros after.

We got 12th planet and k theory coming threw as our next two events both should be tight.

Bad boy bill & mt.eden & a buncha other dj-s this saturday :) cant wait ...
I usually dont dress any different than I always do, nice t shirt n jeans , w my i-novas on strings , but my gf goes all out. (Not slutty all out , but oldschool raver all out :)
I will always laugh at the 'kandi kids' that are just there bc its the cool thing to do.. its cool if thats you, but k see so many fake ass kids n "Bros" n hoes at these shows anymore... .just be yourself man...