the quiet...late night drug fuelled discussions with your doppleganger

Not for the first time, I really wish I was around for this era of bluelight...

ahhh this is an awesome thread! i remember thinking this was one of the best threads id ever read nearly a year ago when i posted on it, and i still think its a brilliant thread. dont ever let this one die!!
thought i might revisit my previous post a little, considering its been nearly a year since, and many things have changed. i think that in a general manner everybody finds a way to escape from the normalities, responsibilities, worries and commitments of daily life. and from person to person you see different ways of doing this. for one person, it may be watching a romantic movie and feeling the feelings of the characters on screen, or reading a book and getting involved in the story line, or going for a long drive, or walking on the beach, or getting drunk at the pub, or sitting around with mates chatting, playing sport, extensive exercising, and finally experimenting with drugs.
its my opinion that everybody has some form of escape mechanism. and a lot of people will have many different mechanisms.
obviously, experimenting with drugs is one of my ways to escape, as with many other people on this board. i use drugs to explore other parts of myself that i find harder to reach without substances.
thats not the only reason of course. the other major factor is thats its fun. i enjoy being in an altered state of mind and mucking around and talking shit and dancing and listening to music and meeting new people and marvelling at totally natural or uninteresting aspects of life.

Well it looks like the time to add to this thread has come. I wonder if anyone will ever read my post, or they will just scan past it, part of the noise you experience in the background of your existence. No matter. :)
Many people take many drugs for many reasons. They are an integral part of our human existence. Escapism/Curiosity/Eating of the forbidden fruit. They are all part of our human nature. Can we ever live forever? Maybe, but what is life without the excitment that bring scars to our body and soul. It is those scars that define us. It is these scars that perhaps finally destroy the parts our observing sense of self attaches itself to.
Hehehe. I find there is enough scope in this thread discuss decades of philosophy. So I will end my 1.36am discussion with a quick note of thanks.
I big thanks to all the people, music, parties, drugs and the other miscelleneous influences that have made up the concoction. It is the perfect mix of these things that I have been graced with. The experiences that this potion has etched into my being are unforgettable, each and every one.
Thanks Bluelight! ;)
I hope to express this thanks out into the world in whatever way I can. :)
My first step in this:
www.mp3.com.au/siaqua
:)

ahhhhh, so many old names in this thread, and so much worthwhile discussion. I love this thread, and will reply some time when I can sort out my own emotions/motives. :)

After reading everyones comments i have to say how impressed i am u guys got it right down to the point that i think u r me and feel everything i do its great 2 connect with ppl who feel the same things u do when ur out having fun on a pill. i used to wonder if i was the only person who felt certain things but from 2day i realise that u all experience the intense feelings that u cant really explain but make everything seem so right ... Non-taking friends have asked me why i take e's and its really hard to explain 2 sumone that has never tryed all i can usually think of is its the most amazing feeling u can ever imagine and u cant explain it u gotta just try it .. but i realised that i do it for other reasons maybe it is to belong like when ur at a rave or a club and u look around and see other ppl in the same happy state being loves, loving others and the world ur senses are hightened and for afew hours u have no problems in the world just u (if thats hows u like it) or letting other ppl in and connect with them in a way u cant usually do .. none of this probably makes sense even though i know what i want to say hahahaha so all i can say is, who doesnt wanna escape reality and go 2 a place full of love and happyness even if it is only for a few hours u become a differnt person u become the person reality wont except and u love it

well, i am not much of an internet chattabox.. usually i prefer to talk in real life... but, after having somehow navigated myself to this thread, i just had to sign up to bluelight and say at least something.
pinger, you should be proud of yourself for starting such a thread. i think that a lot of questions have been answered because of you, certainly a lot of my personal q's. i dont really have anything marvellous to say because this thread is quite old and most of my beliefs have already been stated...
id just like to say a big fat dido to all the great things/ concepts/ theories that have been expressed... i think that if all you brains in this thread got together one night, ate a pill and wrote a novel... great great things could be achieved....
anyway, if i keep going for much longer i am going to start saying what has already been said (if im not already doing that)........
peace....

the pursuit of happiness often ends in detours.

I just enjoy the u-turns........

fuck it's been a while...its funny now, on the third reading of this thread, how different each one has been.

time's a twisted bitch.

thanks pinger ;)

WOW! Oh my God, I'm gonna make a more detailed response later, but let me just say that was an excellent piece of writing and its given me a hell of a lot of mental stimulation considering I'm going for a big night out in a couple of hours. =D =D

Great thread very much enjoyed the read.

like despook I enjoyed my music (metal) before the drugs, but the drugs help me to enjoy the clubbing and party scene as I'm not a natural talker, although am finding that my self confidence is increasing while sober as well, maybe one day I could do it on my own... but when it comes to a good concert I don't need it.... waits in anticipation for metallica =D

Pinger, if i could, i'd reach out and shake your hand, because this thread has been the most mentally stimulating enlightenment which has ever come from an internet forum, the way you describe these feelings in words is truly a gift :D For me, E is all about the music, when on E's, i can actually hear and feel things which i could never hear or feel before, those mind-blowing interludes and build up's which just have me crazing for more like a hungry animal, those big phat juicy bass drops and uplifting melodies, at that moment in time, the DJ is effectively my god, i live for every beat, crafting and churning up my own patented dance style. What more can i say, MDMA just enhances me to another level, yet it doesn't f*** me up the way weed & alcohol do, i am so tuned on it ain't funny. After the love, i just seem to want to be a better person, a bit like the movie "It's a wonderful life."

Thank you all for being on the same wavelength and expressing your feeling's, PLUR and remember, you only live once, enjoy it.