View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

THE PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCE

heatlessbbq

Bluelighter
Does anyone follow, read, or look into this literature?

Timothy Leary wrote the book based off the Tibetian book of the dead.

Any thoughts?

This book was well ahead of its time. Rereading it every so often and keeping it fresh in the mind allows you to recognize many parts of the experince and go straight to bliss enlightenment and heaven and save yourself from dark trips.

Some people hate on leary but thats because their intelligence is less than a brick. Leary was hundred years ahead of his time in knowledge on psychedelics and philosophy

the third bravdo goes into depth on stages of consciouness that vary through out the peak and also the comedown. Leary explains different possible states a person may find themselves in during the peak of the LSD.

He gives guidance and writing in line with spiritually on very difficult and horror visions and hellish places the mind can lead to and how to find your way back to the light and enlightenment. Reading these passages multiple times and thinking about past trips its starts to show alot more knowledge of how you can apply it in the future. Learys writings are focused on high dose LSD 400 ug + trips. I have been to the lowest levels of hell he describes and i would wish it on nobody but i learnt alot about reality that night and the thin line between enlightenment and complete psychosis. Psychotic visions on LSD are beyond anything what the mind is capable of on those trips where you have lost control and are now running off into the wind screaming in a psychotic state scares every atom in my body. PTSD is a guarantee from a trip like that but a trip sitter or guide who has many trips under their belt and understanding of learys writings can bring these people back from the madness and calm them down and bring them back to the light and a easy rentry and comedown into reality again without leaving heavy mental scars on the person psyche.

Its been over 50 trips since i had my scariest psychotic break / encounter on LSD but it left a scar that comes up during most of my psychedelic trips after that just knowing how thin the line is and if care is not taken for a good setting and set you can easily land in a psychotic land of hell even if you have no predipsotion to mental health issues. It can happen to anybody if you take enough and add weed into the mix. Thats why a through understanding of spiritually the soul human psychology and reality is needed while embarking on a psychedelic adventure. LSD contains a inherent darkness within itself that abusing it will really fuck somebody up once the LSD takes them for a ride to hell to make them go sober.

Learys downfall was his love for LSD overpowered his rational thinking and he threw away the real dangers of it to the wind.

albert hoffman first trip he encountered the demonic side of LSD and is why he never thought people would abuse it as a recreational drug. Take one to many trips and even the most mentally sound psychonaut will have that one horror acid trip on a high dose that makes them heavily reconsider taking psychedelics ever again.

What about the positive experiences?

I have a strong feeling that LSD gets a bad reputation with psychosis being a negative outcome due to ignorance and brainwash...

What if WE ARE tapping into something We as a whole are not used to yet? Telepathy comes to My mind when I think of LSD and psychosis / "mental disorders".
It's just the effects of the substance. We shouldn't be belittled for just doing a blasted drug.

The Third Bardo is re-entry, most trippers experience it.

In this chapter Leary mainly tries to deal with the problem of re-integration and how to avoid the "traps" (Leary's term not mine) which lead to reinstating the "games" (again Leary's term) that we are attracted to by previous experience. It is all about maximizing the trip''s effect on changing the individuals level of experience when they have returned from their trip.

Last edited:
Reiterating is a part of Level 3? Interesting.

Does that not apply as much with lower levels such as 1 and 2? I'm sure it does for 4 and 5...

What about the positive experiences?

I have a strong feeling that LSD gets a bad reputation with psychosis being a negative outcome due to ignorance and brainwash...

What if WE ARE tapping into something We as a whole are not used to yet? Telepathy comes to My mind when I think of LSD and psychosis / "mental disorders".
It's just the effects of the substance. We shouldn't be belittled for just doing a blasted drug.

You can always say "it's just the effect of the substance". That's how you compartmentalize away an experience you're not ready to integrate into understanding yet.

But there are always reasons why a substance has a certain effect, and in this way what happens in a trip is much more than mere hallucination, but an unveiling of the mind and reality, which "We as a whole" might indeed not be used to yet, and maybe don't even want to become used to until we have a philosophical system in place which makes persistent telepathy as fun as the experience of the Other and wholly Other Minds.

Does anyone follow, read, or look into this literature?

Timothy Leary wrote the book based off the Tibetian book of the dead.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I’ve got some thoughts: Tim Leary was a sensationalist huckster seeking self aggrandizement at the expense of many.

See, Millbrook, and the BEL, and who he betrayed to save his own neck.

Phony, exploitive, bullshit artist.

Read and listen to Nick Sand, and Richard Alpert... Watts, Huxley, and beware, at long last...

making yourself “too” sensitive, and psychically permeable, has its price.

Your brain is MEANT to have some sensory filters, and ordered collation.

??

This book was well ahead of its time. Rereading it every so often and keeping it fresh in the mind allows you to recognize many parts of the experince and go straight to bliss enlightenment and heaven and save yourself from dark trips.

Some people hate on leary but thats because their intelligence is less than a brick. Leary was hundred years ahead of his time in knowledge on psychedelics and philosophy

I met Tim Leary.

He invited me to sit down at his table.

Apparently, despite the fact that I don’t “hate” him... I’m apparently less intelligent than a brick... ( ?? huh. )

In reviewing the NET EFFECT of Leary’s input, I believe that anybody with a discerning, objective social overview would have to realize that his antics “blew-up” what would otherwise have been a movement
utilizing a fine instrument of advancing awareness, and general social coherence.

Nope: he had to grab a bullhorn, and make it a free-for-all madhouse.

He was a lascivious predator, and a lizard, using something beautiful to make himself a celebrity.

Thanks!
-The Dumb Brick of Sasskatosha

I liked it. Its a good book. The emphasis on inaction by part of the tripper nails it in the head in my personal experience. For example, here he refers to inaction and unatachment from the psychedelic bodily sensations;

"
1. Bodily pressure, which the Tibetans call earth-sinking-into-water;
2. Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat, which the Tibetans call water-sinking-into-fire; 3. Body
disintegrating or blown to atoms, called fire-sinking-into-air; 4. Pressure on head and ears, which Americans
call rocket-launching-into-space; 5. Tingling in extremities; 6. Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax;
7. Nausea; 8. Trembling or shaking, beginning in pelvic regions and spreading up torso.
These physical reactions should be recognized as signs heralding transcendence. Avoid treating them as
symptoms of illness, accept them, merge with them, enjoy them."

I met Tim Leary.

Apparently, despite the fact that I don’t “hate” him... I’m apparently less intelligent than a brick... ( ?? huh. )

In reviewing the NET EFFECT of Leary’s input, I believe that anybody with a discerning, objective social overview would have to realize that his antics “blew-up” what would otherwise have been a movement
utilizing a fine instrument of advancing awareness, and general social coherence.

He was a lascivious predator, and a lizard, using something beautiful to make himself a celebrity.

Thanks!

I have not analyzed him much yet, or read his biography, but on sight I dont see an evil man, just a confused man with some issues.

You can always say "it's just the effect of the substance". That's how you compartmentalize away an experience you're not ready to integrate into understanding yet.

But there are always reasons why a substance has a certain effect, and in this way what happens in a trip is much more than mere hallucination, but an unveiling of the mind and reality, which "We as a whole" might indeed not be used to yet, and maybe don't even want to become used to until we have a philosophical system in place which makes persistent telepathy as fun as the experience of the Other and wholly Other Minds.
Seeing as many people do not have much experience with LSD, at all... It is not just to put such a label as 'psychotic' or 'schizophrenic'.

The effect You speak of... Telepathy and LSD is an effect and should be.

Yeah, I’ve got some thoughts: Tim Leary was a sensationalist huckster seeking self aggrandizement at the expense of many.

See, Millbrook, and the BEL, and who he betrayed to save his own neck.

Phony, exploitive, bullshit artist.

Read and listen to Nick Sand, and Richard Alpert... Watts, Huxley, and beware, at long last...

making yourself “too” sensitive, and psychically permeable, has its price.

Your brain is MEANT to have some sensory filters, and ordered collation.

??
Sounds a bit closed minded wouldn't You say?

I met Tim Leary.

Thanks!
I wonder if His ways rubbed off onto "the people who sat with Him"? :)

I liked it. Its a good book. The emphasis on inaction by part of the tripper nails it in the head in my personal experience. For example, here he refers to inaction and unatachment from the psychedelic bodily sensations;

"
2. Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat, which the Tibetans call water-sinking-into-fire; 3. Body
disintegrating or blown to atoms, called fire-sinking-into-air; 4. Pressure on head and ears, which Americans
call rocket-launching-into-space; 5. Tingling in extremities; 6. Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax;
7. Nausea; 8. Trembling or shaking, beginning in pelvic regions and spreading up torso.
These physical reactions should be recognized as signs heralding transcendence. Avoid treating them as
I heard Tim used ketamine and other psychedelics to help this. I could be wrong though... Just what I have heard.

I have not analyzed him much yet, or read his biography, but on sight I dont see an evil man, just a confused man with some issues.
He lived to the age of 77. I think thats a good, long run. Especially with ALL the shit He dealt with.

I heard Tim used ketamine and other psychedelics to help this. I could be wrong though... Just what I have heard.

Perhaps. Probably. But being inactive in the sense that the mind surrenders, that one is dispassionate and unatached to the conditioned mind, is possible without K, within the realm of the mind.
=)

Perhaps. Probably. But being inactive in the sense that the mind surrenders, that one is dispassionate and unatached to the conditioned mind, is possible without K, within the realm of the mind.
=)
So You are all for sobriety?

Seeing as many people do not have much experience with LSD, at all... It is not just to put such a label as 'psychotic' or 'schizophrenic'.

He lived to the age of 77. I think thats a good, long run. Especially with ALL the shit He dealt with.

Yo. ?

I would be hesitant to deify ol’ Tim.

( “Him” )

He was an interloper at The Brotherhood of EL, after he got thrown out of Millbrook. He brought heat on them after getting arrested in his car. He hit on their wives and girlfriends. Griggs was a fool for letting that lightening rod of bad press near their compound.

After leaving Algeria, Leary and Rosemary got popped.

It’s speculation, on my part now, but I believe he then flipped on the BEL, and Nick Sand.

Essentially, contributing to, or potentiating the collapse of the largest world-wide distribution chain of LSD that ever existed.

Paraphrasing from my e-mail discourse with Tim Scully: “I certainly never chose him as my spokesperson!” ( and other “somewhat” disparaging comments )

So, hey...

To know the stone, see the shadow it casts.

People went to prison.

Tim then flitted around with G. Gordon Liddy, and made a Wild Bill sideshow out of the 60’s.

The theater that was “terrible tim” will filter through the grand arbiter of time, and be yet another grain of expired folly.

Sorry.

-b.

"

??????

Yeah, all that stuff quoted there is real, for me too.

Personally, I don’t need somebody to dissect and analyze the nature of water, after already having been blasted off of the shore by a tsunami.

Nice to have the “this is what it is / could be” attempt to qualify “it” with some set of check-boxes tagging would-be universality in approximating the ineffable.

BUT.

Nobody really knows.

It’s purely subjective, potentially all illusory, and there are no “Answers”.

Fragments of suggestions in the pathway of Divinity, per chance.

It always left me with more questions, and wary concerns for the nature of humans.

-Myself included.

Disciplined focus in deciphering this swirling data steam surrounding us, is my objective, at present.

Being all diffuse and permeable while still tethered to the arduous challenges in this material world, may not work for me anymore.

I dunno.

It will have been a year now, on 10/24/2019, since I last did some strong liquid.

Thrilling? -Yes.
Daunting? -Yes.
The edge of permanent psychosis? -Maybe.

Nuthin’ but respect for “it”.

The spinning house of mirrors may have just thrown me out the door, at long last.

Forward ho....

I LOVE the bull horn. And actually the only person I like better than Leary is Kesey. It is open for all, not just a few humans that think it should be regulated. I am sorry there were casualties, but life has casualties. I think Leary, Kesey, the whole gang (and I know they clashed with how things should be done) were needed in history and I do think, while letting some ego get in the way, moved humanity ahead. Restraint or under ground elitism would have probably made it vanish quicker.

I think the book is excellent. One of the first to almost combine different states of consciousness to ancient spiritual practice.

Additionally the interaction between Tim Leary and Richard Alpert (after he became Ram Dass) is priceless. Those two knew each other well and knew how to make fun of each other. :)

@flabberghost
Have you considered Nick Sand's take on Timothy? He refrains from demonization, despite your flippening belief.

I think the view of the producer of supra-pharmacy quality of LSD is something to take into consideration.

Hey CT,

I appreciate your allegiance.

Nobody is a Saint here.

I may simply have an aesthetic, and moral distaste for the manner in which Tim conducted himself.

Fealty, because he was supposedly ON “Team-A”, ain’t in my spectrum, no more.

The entire culture that launched out of that era, is riddled with double dealers within the CIA through MK-ULTRA, and beyond.

As it appears, what Tim had proselytized, and the strength of his “convictions”, under the distress of threats of lengthly time behind bars, show some conflict.

I think he chose his freedom, at the expense of others.

I’ll look for more direct information, regarding Tim and Nick,
or interviews of Nick.

Hey, I could be WAY-off here!

I wasn’t in the closed door depositions of Tim Leary to the Feds.

Do you know anybody who was?

Sand was a Prince, he may have had the heart for deep forgiveness.

I dunno.

Best to you, and thanks for challenging my impressions.

-b.