The productions thread - Part III!

thanks for listening joe and the encouragement.

looking forward to peep where ur at musically, have no gd interbet for a while tho <3

always. no internet can be torture LOL. i more often than not reply in some stream of consciousness fragments to your work because it is very unique.

what i'm workin on which is i guess is straight forward pop/hip hop

inspire by an artist friend. they are down to hook up some art ,i could put up wit mah tunes wooooooo

Last edited:
BLUELIGHTERS AND GIRLS,

I have no friends,
I ain't been outside in a minute
so with my free time I mixed up something
to present to ya'll.

It is,

KiteRacer!

https://soundcloud.com/tsarar/kiteracer

3493b74687544d8292fe759ae648c54b.jpg

And obligatory rainbow lion. (the colours represent the lions eagerness to
P
A
R
T
Y
)

yo kicks, nice vanillas!

How is everyone elses soundscaping?

Last edited:
^Some very nice, complex arrangements there. Did I hear you say you made that on earphones, or am I making that up?

^Some very nice, complex arrangements there. Did I hear you say you made that on earphones, or am I making that up?
thanks!
yeah i have just been using iPhone5 headphones =\ lol
then listening through laptop speaker/car speaker sometimes to see what it sounds like on other devices and tinker
does it sound ok through higher quality speakers/headphones?

I need to make chaotic sound arrangements more structured for easier listening I think, but i like the weirdness too much sometimes.

thanks!
does it sound ok through higher quality speakers/headphones?
Sounds great on my earphones .I like the drum samples,they gotta nice punchy, slightly sprinkled with some lo fi dust vibe. And really smooth composition/arrangement. This is perfect for warm summer night, or day :)

When Tranced mentions, complex arrangements, I'd use different wording, you just seem to nail it overall and there aren't any "weak links" This doesn't make sense right now, I know... I'm just saying you make it "look" easy.

shouts out to rainbow lion , i see you!

Yeah I certainly don't intend complex as a negative. I just mean that there is a certain freedom and tightness to your style. Like you lack the "can't go any further, don't want to risk changing anything" kind of mentality that I do. Some downtempo sounds more rigid in structure, yours doesn't.

It sounds pretty good on my speakers, will listen again and give a decent response. Iirc, for constructive feedback, the area that let you down was that some of the sounds sounded more simple... Like you could definitely benefit from some decent monitors/headphones to experiment with sound design over a wider/truer frequency range (which makes sense).

@ 2:52 , nothing spectacular... just the subtle break down with usher doing his "o0oo o0oo" vocals . i was cookin up and a light bulb went off, just stack the same root notes of the chord progression in two octaves instead of using the same chords for the break down. randomly had a funky filter effect for the melody... just clicked... i pretty much live for those moments .

WHICH brings to mind... will post in the other production thread.

Last edited:
i'ma quit drugs and see how my music sounds. i think that is the major key i need to take it to the next level. focus all energy on improving music. i'ma really do this gosh darnit. GL to all ! peace and blessings.

i love the 808 in this one.

Last edited:

you nailed the tropical sunset vibe with the composition. i'd just work on the drums/percussion to make the overall track sound more lively. it has a nice "lo-fi" esque "sound" that fits the chill vibes. so it does kinda work for that specific production. but yea just lil one off hits, maybe some random bleeps and bloops. impressive for your first, especially dnb.

you nailed the tropical sunset vibe with the composition. i'd just work on the drums/percussion to make the overall track sound more lively. it has a nice "lo-fi" esque "sound" that fits the chill vibes. so it does kinda work for that specific production. but yea just lil one off hits, maybe some random bleeps and bloops. impressive for your first, especially dnb.

I have to say that you nailed it. I had a hard time with the percussion part.. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit more :) Thanks for your feedback!

Hi all,

I'm listening to Liquid DnB for a while now, so I wanted to do something by myself. This is my first try to create music.
I would like to hear what you think about it :)

wzi2g4xn.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0eUDs7w6c

You need to get a nice drum loop and chop it up. I was working on some d&b the other day and made some pretty nice beats from a downtempo loop that I found in a reggae sample pack. I set the loop BPM to 170 or whatever the track was, sliced the loop in ableton and replaced the kick/snare with my own. Sounded pretty nice.

Hey, I make trap/underground rap type beats. I also make chill trap type shit. Looking for feedback and mixing tips. I've been using FL Studio for 5 years. I will be working with rappers coming very soon. Let me know what you think! :)

https://soundcloud.com/lurxway/sets/lurx

There's six tracks in this playlist as of now.

i was listening to this on the toilet at 2am and decided to tweak it a bit. satisfied with the results /me yawns , good night.

need to make the first minute more interesting i think.

this is jamming, sorta along the lines of say... flying lotus. just went to brainfeeder soundcloud ( https://soundcloud.com/brainfeeder/sets/iglooghost-bug-thief ) i do hear similar vibe. sounds such as these are excellent for a warm, stoney summer night. i could imagine tweaked vocal phrases like a singers vocal, but not like straight up rapping verses on it. works on it's own just as a instrumental

ayy mona lisa can i get a date on friday, if your busy, i wouldn't mind taking saturday. had to ;p

Last edited: