• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The possibilities of Dmt and Psychedelics / A short Synopsis

I'm not debating science, Doldrugs. Just the tendency of people to disregard something as completely impossible because it isn't proven. I agree with you completely, I think we're arguing different points.

Regardless, I understand :)

Are you serious? I make rational decisions based on evidence. What's the point of believing in something just because you want to? It's dangerous, and the progress of our entire civilization is entirely because of the times we didn't do that. It especially bothers me from these kinds of communities because I think it's setting us all back. It contributes to a negative image of psychedelic users. Many psychedelics are totally safe and have valuable medical uses that have been ignored for too long. When you're going on about antiscientific garbage like "DMT lets me time travel and enter alternate dimensions" you're just handing over ammo on a silver platter. The average person already thinks psychedelic use drives people insane. Stop making them look right.

"

Surely you're not suggesting we believe anything? That it's wrong to doubt something? If I told you I was a unicorn, would you be "as bad as me" for doubting it? Come on, man.

"in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king" , let that sink in for a minute , did it ? Ok great , so the expansion of your mind is dangerous , if I'm not mistaken isn't the purpose of a psychonaut to question the mind and reality to its core. The way I see it psychonauts are another branch of philosophers that take drugs and assimilate there experiences and beliefs into ideas and debates. Next thing I want to touch on is why do you care how other people view us as individuals? If you cherish psychedelics why would you care , you are reaping the benefits for yourself , who cares if the sheep aren't to keen as to whats going on. Next point I want to make is your analogy is flawed , there are different levels of credibility to things , when there is a large amount of evidence leaning towards an idea or theory it is harder to rule out then your argument , clearly there has never been a human unicorn discovered so its more sensible to rule it out. Sure when you're talking about dmt and time travel it may be easy to get lost in it and maybe end up "crazy" but its important to keep the idea at a safe distance and contemplate it and never take it to seriously until you are ready to test it out.

Got that evidence right here:

In particular, Stansilov Grof feels the holographic paradigm offers a model for understanding many of the baffling phenomena experienced by individuals during altered states of consciousness.

In the 1950s, while conducting research into the beliefs of LSD as a psychotherapeutic tool, Grof had one female patient who suddenly became convinced she had assumed the identity of a female of a species of prehistoric reptile. During the course of her hallucination, she not only gave a richly detailed description of what it felt like to be encapsulated in such a form, but noted that the portion of the male of the species anatomy was a patch of colored scales on the side of its head. What was startling to Grof was that although the woman had no prior knowledge about such things, a conversation with a zoologist later confirmed that in certain species of reptiles colored areas on the head do indeed play an important role as triggers of sexual arousal.

The woman's experience was not unique. During the course of his research, Grof encountered examples of patients regressing and identifying with virtually every species on the evolutionary tree (research findings which helped influence the man-into-ape scene in the movie, Altered States). Moreover, he found that such experiences frequently contained obscure zoological details which turned out to be accurate.

Regressions into the animal kingdom were not the only puzzling psychological phenomena Grof encountered. He also had patients who appeared to tap into some sort of collective or racial unconscious. Individuals with little or no education suddenly gave detailed descriptions of Zoroastrian funerary practices and scenes from Hindu mythology. In other categories of experience, individuals gave persuasive accounts of out-of-body journeys, of precognitive glimpses of the future, of regressions into apparent past-life incarnations.

In later research, Grof found the same range of phenomena manifested in therapy sessions which did not involve the use of drugs. Because the common element in such experiences appeared to be the transcending of an individual's consciousness beyond the usual boundaries of ego and/or limitations of space and time, Grof called such manifestations transpersonal experiences, and in the late '60s he helped found a branch of psychology called transpersonal psychology devoted entirely to their study. Although Grof's newly founded Association of Transpersonal Psychology garnered a rapidly growing group of like-minded professionals and has become a respected branch of psychology, for years neither Grof or any of his colleagues were able to offer a mechanism for explaining the bizarre psychological phenomena they were witnessing. But that has changed with the advent of the holographic paradigm.

As Grof noted, if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange. Perhaps, in Creating Reality, we have already become - as in Star Trek, The Next Generation - a Q of the Continuum or we are part of a consciousness virtual reality experiment.

Ellie Crystal - http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

Wow thank you for this treat , I will probably do some more reading on the subject , its just furthermore proof that psychedelics are possible universal tools to mind expansion.

After learning about quantum mechanics or the theory that something can be in many states at once (I'm not sure the best way to describe this or the correct terms) I became very interested in this idea.

What if you had the ability to sense how different things might be in the near future if you made different choices? If your mind could scan though each outcome? Or a sense that you may be drawn to things if you imagine them that way, positive thinking lending to positive results.

When you mention schizophrenia this is also interesting as I had a depressive episode last year with some psychotic symptoms. During this time I felt spiritual coming from the opinion as an atheist. I felt much more connected to the universe outside my body and the energy we project. I was fascinated by the electromagnetic spectrum and the idea that we might be telepathic and/or could sense something akin to other peoples auras but weren't enlightened to this fact.

Now that my mental health is better I don't quite feel the same but if I smoke too much weed I sometimes notice my thoughts drifting that way.

Look up a shamans view on western mental health institutes. See the thing is so many people who have that illness say the same thing , feelings of grandeur or spirituality , and they always get shut down as crazy and force fed disgusting pharmacudical meds... What if they are actually experiencing these feelings and its a gift that needs to be polished.

Wow thank you for this treat , I will probably do some more reading on the subject , its just furthermore proof that psychedelics are possible universal tools to mind expansion.

You're welcome. :)

why do you care how other people view us as individuals?

Because I care about people other than myself and legalizing safe drugs would be better for everyone. There's a real world out there, tiger, and our actions have consequences for it.

Enjoy your quackery.

As Grof noted, if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange. Perhaps, in Creating Reality, we have already become - as in Star Trek, The Next Generation - a Q of the Continuum or we are part of a consciousness virtual reality experiment.[\QUOTE]

This.

Time and space are constraints we're bound to because of the very nature of being four dimensional beings. A being that exists in more dimensions is able to reach any point in time and space in an instant, as if every moment is just a step away. In my opinion, from what I've experienced and read, all life energy is the same, part of a whole, a universal consciousness if you will. Being as such, why would it not be possible to tap into such an energy source and thus gleam any and every piece of information ever known, known right now, or that ever will be known? It's all out there, because it's all happened. To us, the future is just that, the future. But in reality, the future has already happened just as the past has. Now you might say, how has the future happened if I'm still deciding on this or that, or could choose to do A instead of B right now? Well, it's not a static object (space-time, and all that is). It's malleable, constantly changing, constantly warping. If you look at basic quantum physics experiments and theories, every atom is neither here nor there, until observed; superposition. Every possibility is out there, existing at the same time. Whether it be in one space/form, or in an infinite amount of parallel universes.

Now the question is simple , is time travel or multi dimensional travel possible under the influence of dmt?

Now everyone always says how dmt is a revelation and is most profound and life changing experience and it felt to real, etc. Then you hear about the stories of
entities that are encountered , and all sorts of weird things , like for example my friend told me during his trip he actually saw himself in the future living out his life, then there are countless salvia stories of dimensional travel.

I believe it was Wasson's wife (and perhaps Wasson himself) who said that during their mushroom trip with Maria Sabina they saw things in the visions that they later saw in their everyday lives. Both remember being struck by this.

It's all out there, because it's all happened.

The 2nd law of thermodynamics means energy in the universe is always moving towards disorder. What's creating the energy to keep all this "life energy" in the same order for millions of years?

Because I care about people other than myself and legalizing safe drugs would be better for everyone. There's a real world out there, tiger, and our actions have consequences for it.

Enjoy your quackery.

Oh be quiet. You know absolutely nothing.

This!!

"Time and space are constraints we're bound to because of the very nature of being four dimensional beings. A being that exists in more dimensions is able to reach any point in time and space in an instant, as if every moment is just a step away. In my opinion, from what I've experienced and read, all life energy is the same, part of a whole, a universal consciousness if you will. Being as such, why would it not be possible to tap into such an energy source and thus gleam any and every piece of information ever known, known right now, or that ever will be known? It's all out there, because it's all happened. To us, the future is just that, the future. But in reality, the future has already happened just as the past has. Now you might say, how has the future happened if I'm still deciding on this or that, or could choose to do A instead of B right now? Well, it's not a static object (space-time, and all that is). It's malleable, constantly changing, constantly warping. If you look at basic quantum physics experiments and theories, every atom is neither here nor there, until observed; superposition. Every possibility is out there, existing at the same time. Whether it be in one space/form, or in an infinite amount of parallel universes.

This.

Time and space are constraints we're bound to because of the very nature of being four dimensional beings. A being that exists in more dimensions is able to reach any point in time and space in an instant, as if every moment is just a step away. In my opinion, from what I've experienced and read, all life energy is the same, part of a whole, a universal consciousness if you will. Being as such, why would it not be possible to tap into such an energy source and thus gleam any and every piece of information ever known, known right now, or that ever will be known? It's all out there, because it's all happened. To us, the future is just that, the future. But in reality, the future has already happened just as the past has. Now you might say, how has the future happened if I'm still deciding on this or that, or could choose to do A instead of B right now? Well, it's not a static object (space-time, and all that is). It's malleable, constantly changing, constantly warping. If you look at basic quantum physics experiments and theories, every atom is neither here nor there, until observed; superposition. Every possibility is out there, existing at the same time. Whether it be in one space/form, or in an infinite amount of parallel universes.[/QUOTE]