• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The Pain Management Mega Thread v. 7

if it's suboxone, there is an additive in it that renders the effects of other opioids useless and can precipitate withdrawal symptoms.

Sorry, but I have to correct you, it's the buprenorphine itself causing the precipitate withdrawal and renders other opioids useless, because of it's only a partial agonist and due to the high affinity

If your mother is on high doses of opioids buprenorphine will most likely not help as it's a partial agonist and has a ceiling effect

Sorry, but I have to correct you, it's the buprenorphine itself causing the precipitate withdrawal and renders other opioids useless, because of it's only a partial agonist and due to the high affinity

If your mother is on high doses of opioids buprenorphine will most likely not help as it's a partial agonist and has a ceiling effect

Ah, okay. Thank you. It has always been explained to me as the difference between subutex and suboxone being an abuse deterrent additive. I didn't realize it was the buorenopherine itself.

Yes, that's a common myth being perpetuated by prescribers. The added naloxone in Suboxone has little to no effect. It's a marketing ploy

Baaah. I have literally stood up once today, to go to the bathroom. I'm bed locked. ? My leg has locked up so bad I can't stand up on it safely. Dfc is a pain.

Post here?

Soundx
Opiad naive could be a major issue in ER and hospital stay moreso with AA combination.​
Today, 21:42
Soundx
Opiad naive could be a major issue in ER and hospital stay​

Today, 21:41
Soundx
Urgent Care and ER practice varies as to opiad dispensing.​

Today, 21:29
Soundx
Urgent Care unable to prescribe opiad pills for broken bone in SoCal. No opiad refill Rx. ER may Rx limited quantiy like 10 to 14 pills depending of the doc.. Urgent care lower co-pay than ER. Better off going to ER for complex fracture requiring opiad? and follow-up referal doc. New patient referal wait for new doc 10 to 90 days? Pain doc wait 90 days HMO?​

Today, 21:17
Soundx
Acute, Post-Acute, Chronic, Overdose, Pre-death, Death Phases.
A forum or thread to review of the current guidelines for acute, post-acute and chronic pain, overdose and pre-death phases. Currently came across 2015 AMDG OpiadGuideline-1.pdf, 2016 CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opiads for Chronic Pain, 2015 Community Management of Opiad Overdose WHO.

Interest in the daily practice in our community on a individual level.​

8) Dunno, Slow_Mobius...I have a theory, but not at all certain. We had lots of regular posters for a while. When the thread was first expanded to Version 7, there was some confusion as to redirect. Several couldn't find the thread for whatever reason.

Meanwhile, a "Chronic Pain Mega Thread" was started and several posted there. Our CPP group of PAIN PEEPS kind of "flew the coop".
I've recently seen sporadic posts from SKR, RTP, Pembroke, Shroomy, and AnnaB.

I miss our comradery here, as I definitely could use some sharing and caring for each other. I hope everyone is doing as well as they possibly can, while dealing with debilitating pain AND the current crisis of pain management (cutting back on meds).

My PM doctor is bat shit crazy from day one, charging $240 per 5 min maximum visit. He makes no effort to know my condition or customize a plan for my specific issues. He's gone off the deep end with DEA hovering, so he's cut back on my one pain med...Yet my dose has not increased in 3 years. He cut back from 100 to 90, then tried to go to 75. No fucking way. Why bother to line his pockets while I suffer in hellish pain?

Nuf bitching from me (sorry)...I just returned from another gastrografin enema to open my blocked colon this afternoon (second one in 2 months) even though I take Miralax and Amitiza daily (double doses).

I know that Pembroke has been in the hospital with (I think) more surgery. Shout out to Pem to feel better!

IMO, a support thread is much needed for those of us who exist (whether simply surviving or hopefully thriving) in continuous intractable pain and suffering. My heart goes out to all of our PAIN PEEPS. Y'all please come back to roost!?! Share your trials and your triumphs...Y'all know we need one another!

(((HUGS)))

I was wonder what happened to this thread.

When I go to see my pain doc I dare not mention my pain being worse or the meds not controlling the pain. Last time I tried that months ago I was told no way to increase dosage at this time and btw, I need you to pee in this cup.

For the most part I guess I'm thankful I get anything at all but you would think after two years they would be willing to do something. I figure I will be stuck at this dose from now on. The one thing I know for sure, without a doubt, is that they do NOT understand my brand of pain. They have done nothing to learn about it and have flat out told me they know nothing about it.

I hope all goes well for those suffering in quite agony today.

Hey gmlifer...Hope you are having a reasonably good day! Our PM thread basically went radio silent. :( Let's get it turned up again. I do empathize with your situation, as I can relate to the "done nothing and know nothing".

I have never...not once...been asked for a pee test. I refused Fentanyl early in 2014, because my body did not process it effectively...the same for MS Contin. My GP ordered genetic buccal swab testing for metabolism of pain meds. Neither she nor my PM bothered to study the results or try to figure this out.

Sure, Oxycodone helps for a couple of hours, but I fear it like a venomous snake. It never lasted more than a couple of hours, leaving me in horrid rebound pain. I quickly realized there would be a need for re-dosing wa-a-a-y before the "every 6 hours". I begged for the ER version, but he has left me with the IR for 3 years now. I only take a dose when I have no other option, because I have slow motility (on a good day).

IME, we should be afraid...very afraid, of the state of our health(don't)care system. I make every effort to not depend on "them" for my well-being. My health is a series of unfortunate events, which at almost 56, have culminated in despair. I'm made to feel that I'm not worth saving. Fucking crying shame.

Last edited:
Hey Dixi darling, hi Slow_Mo,

I still read the pain threads, but am either attending appts, caring for sweetchildofmine, or making calls to the traffic accident commission & spending hrs on hold!! Grrrr

I'll make more of an effort to update & join in. It is a shame that the 'Locals' don't gather often for support & knowledge.

My theory is that either their CP has somehow improved, or they feel that there's nothing left to say. It's all been said before...

Rtp xx

Hey RTP...Yep, it's all been said before.

However, I think it'd be nice to maintain a circle of support...chat, laugh or cry with folks who understand.

Oh well, I suppose it was good while it lasted. I still miss my PEEPS!

I'm sure they will be back. Most of us have a full understanding of how alone we are in this. Other people can't be blamed, they are ignorant of chronic pain. They are ignorant of addiction. Most people will never understand that just by looking at us you can't tell how we feel. We live with the pain daily and don't show like someone that doesn't feel pain daily.

I think one of us should become a pain doc so we can take care of our kind better.

Hey guys and gals - my pain peeps- I'm still alive, still around, still limpin' (in pain) ribs still burn every moment of everyday for no obvious reason. Still all a mystery and a misery but not always. There are some silver linings appearing in my life regarding my art, my music that is - but in all honesty I had a friend here on BL that I care for and we had a falling out and being so sensitive as I am these days it knocked the wind out of me, I just didn't see it coming and I was and am willing to put it aside just to have our conversations again but it wasn't to be, and I have to accept it though despite all the pills I swallow that one is the most bitter but I don't grudge. I don't have the room nor the energy in my being to spend thinking of the bad, I enjoyed the interaction and I don't regret it but I still miss it.

We all have things we wish we could start over. I've been with my wife for 20 years and I felt I was being asked to choose between her and this online friend and couldn't understand why.

So I've just stayed away in the hope that I didn't encroach on this members BL life and tried to concentrate on mine.... it's been hard cos I still miss the interaction. It's all good. Pain sux but we all know that. No hard feelings, a lil' sad but cool....obviously I don't take the view that I don't care cos I do - having brought it up and all. I can say though that I have found the greatest GP and psychologist I could ever wish for...Being a hobbyist Ethnobotanist for many years finding a psychologist who had chronic health issues and spent years with many shamans throughout south america I knew he was the right fit. When he found out I grow varieties of the Banisteriopsis. Caapi vine and Psychotria Viridis Plants (Main 2 ingredients for a standard Ayahuasca drink and experience) he is as interested in helping me as I am in having found him - literally a tripper, who owns copies of PIHKAL and TIHKAL (And created a few of our favourite Shulgin compounds).

He owns and runs a prominent clinic but charges me less than a quarter of his fee, trully blessed. My GP who doses me for opiate relief, anxiety and panic is a rebel who fights for his patients against oversight committees and the Government alike is a God in my eyes and once again I feel truly blessed to have found him - He travels 3 hours from another state to work two days in the clinic I visit.....No urine analysis, in fact he encourages alternative treatments and the stockpiling of suboxone and methadone which are frowned upon by our Gov....but like my Doc says...if you are trapped due to flooding emergency services are not going to fly in your doses.
Where he lives he recently was stuck in such a situation and 120 folks on maintenance were trapped without their doses....Out of his own pocket and with the quiet assistance of the pharmacies that weren't under 25 foot of water he bought up opies of all sorts just to keep his patients well or get them well, most of them had been up to a week without so they were at Suicide stage.... moved me to tears.

If I am still all fucked up mentally and physically with pain etc I hope I pass away before he does because I doubt I will ever be treated with such respect ever again. For the first time I can honestly say that I Love my Dr's wholeheartedly.
So peace and Love to you all Dixie,RTP Shroomi and everyone I've forgotten names of (I'm loaded with Valium, Ativan and Methadone right now and I've forgotten some of my true friends so I'm very embaressed,,,,,,)

May you all have a better week and find the strength to push on, I have no plans for life once my son reaches a certain age if I'm still the way I am I just have to ensure his foundation is as best as I can manage which was the main reason I sought out a medical solution for my conditions in the first place otherwise there is not much reason to live - not like this, anyway. Love you guys and Gals.

Last edited:
Hey fellow pain people...glad I washed up into this thread...I can only empathise with what hell some of you are going through, far worse than I have.

I've had neuropathic pain since 2001 (could not sit for 4 1/2 years), have all the usual burning, barbed wire, sciatic pain that makes you want to chew your own arm off etc etc lol. Treatment in Australia is largely confined to tricyclic antidep's (did nothing for me) and GABA drugs like Gabapentin (currently on 300mg/day) Opiate based pain reilef is only given to very few here and is very strictly controlled (needing federal authorisation to prescribe), and so I've been told is inappropriate for my particular "clinical profile" so behavioural and relaxation is the most used methods of management. But they can only go so far (and not very, IMO lol)

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with CBD oil, or similar CBD-preparations? I have found one local company which imports the oil from Denmark, produced from industrial hemp seeds high in CBD...any thoughts as to whether it could be good for CP?

Thanks guys, if you have any thoughts :)

Hi someguyoz, I wanted to jump in and tell you my experience with cbd oil has been mostly positive. I found it to help reduce inflammation from my RA. Doesn't have any great pain relief for me tho.
I want to thank you all for this thread. I've been lurking for a while, and it helps to read the encouraging post from you peeps. I have had pain issues since my early 20's- spine problems, RA, etc etc. It can be a lonely place when it feels like no one understands how life is.

Welcome aboard Sockseye! Hope you find some peace from pain you poor bugger

Friends

No surprise when it comes to lyrica being mass marketed in OZ to anyone with pain.
Although efficacy is rated at less than 1:10 patients, Pfizer bought the govt, (& TGA), with the premise that use of Pregabalin will lower the use & therefore need for opioids.
It didn't, pain drs are aware of this, but also aware how addictive lyrica can be, & how it can be used as a crutch for opiate wd.
Such as, use is now limited or even withdrawn in Victoria.
What we thought was a little secret on BL has finally gone mainstream!!

Btw SKR, so sorry to hear you lost a valuable friend. Could it be bcos of your anxiety etc that you thought this friend was in any way competing with your love of twenty years?

I myself would doubt a friend online cmng between my marriage & the best version of me.

Perhaps u received mixed msgs, or the one with CP simply gelled with you as you had notes to compare.

It sounds as though you've moved past the territorial waters, stay cool.

Rtp x

Last edited:
No surprise when it comes to lyrica being mass marketed in OZ to anyone with pain.
Although efficacy is rated at less than 1:10 patients, Pfizer bought the govt, (& TGA), with the premise that use of Pregabalin will lower the use & therefore need for opioids.
It didn't, pain dos are aware of this, but also aware how addictive lyrica can be, & how it can be used as a crutch for opiate wd.
Such as, use is now limited or even withdrawn in Victoria.
What we thought was a little secret on BL has finally gone mainstream!!

That is certainly how my GP views it. He laughs at my old GP and all the others before him especially the one who put me on it promoting it's non-addictive nature, he laughed hard when I told him that when she told me about it's non-addictive Nature I immediately thought 'Well this will be ineffective expensive crap if that's the case'

And My GP came back with 'That's usually a good indicator especially when you showed great promise on certain semi synthetics like Oxycodone, dumb asses needed your money that's what they are - a company with shareholders expecting a good quarterly statement.' Aint that a NO Shit response from your GP who often frequents forums including this one just to see what the latest level of understanding or misunderstanding maybe by patients, how much crap is being parroted.

Of course it turns out to not help most of us with CP conditions and is physically addictive with a mild to moderate to nasty WD depending on how much you normally take, how consistently and for how long. If I'm dependant on Lyrica I find I make it to 36 hours before I start to fall apart like a wet cake ....was only at the local shops thinking 'Fuck what's happening here? My Temp was up and down (The Hot and Colds), raced home and took 150mgs of Lyrica and started to feel better after 30mins or so but still took the rest of the day to reach normality.

But RTP has clearly stated how this drug came onto our chemist shelves. LOL my first 2 boxes of the stuff was given to me by Dr's who still had some freebee sample packs from when the Pfizer Rep came around booking dinner dates, giving out tickets to football games and the Ballet backed by a Russian and hungarian symphony orchestras made up exclusively of Blonde Blue eyed, or lack and green eyed 16 year old girls who were all available to chat with privately at the after party for $300 hr. The whole thing is about money like everything else, so think about this while you are crying, yelling, screaming for help so that when no help comes that next time you get pissed off at the whole "Wicked Game" (Thanks C.I.).

Take a deep breath including any other non drug solution and here's me now I do a light to moderate free weight workout at home before or after an IM shot of Testosterone Undec (4000mgs - $6.50 each with 5 repeats) consisting of 2 x 2ml shots in outside quarters of my upper Quads (Or all 4ml of oil in my Butt cheek thanks to wifey) take my thyroxin for my dead thyroid then my morning sedative standard being 5-10mg Valium, 100 mg of sertraline to prevent homicide and half my daily methadone Dose 45mgs and if panic is on top of me then 2.5 - 5mgs of Ativan should put me and others in a safe space, Apart from the steroids all the other drugs are related to Chronic pain but some are mainly for conditions related to the poor treatment of young people with chronic pain like PTSD Manic/Depression, Anxiety , Mood and panic disorders all developed as a result of of no medicinal action taken by GP's.

Btw SKR, so sorry to hear you lost a valuable friend. Could it be bcos of your anxiety etc that you thought this friend was in any way competing with your love of twenty years?

I myself would doubt a friend online cmng between my marriage & the best version of me.
Perhaps u received mixed msgs, or the one with CP simply gelled with you as you had notes to compare.
It sounds as though you've moved past the territorial waters, stay cool.
Rip x

Not competing but coming way out of character from their usual laid back self and instead of levelling with me friend to friend or online friend to online friend they actually told me to tell my wife to "back off" as she (wife) was sending her messages (My wife apparently sending my online friend messages saying stay away from him or "my man" and saying things like "He doesn't need you!). I immediately called BS because my wife and I are very open people even physically back in our mid 20's and it wasn't the situation where the female in the relationship was forced to sleep with other men to 'keep her man' or to '"improve the relationship" .......everyone was having fun trust me on that lol cos pills used to be pills with the right precursors as with the speed and Meth with the right PH levels....... barely/partially clothed and naked people parties for days.I just thought either my online friend got it all mixed up with someone else (plausible considering my online friend was suffering from a condition of sorts which arose due to a head trauma).

This all came to light after everything went down. I didn't see or expect anything like that to come my way especially from this online friend cos she is a cool relaxed and from what I could tell fairly open themselves .......Baah but it's ok I don't really consider it a "deal breaker" or a reason to not still chat online especially because we have so many similarities with respect to our health conditions and the way we deal with them mentally, in short, we supported one another and I missed that. HOWEVER, breaking News, I reached out to them and have received a positive response - SOOOOoooo the past is exactly that and we can move forward yay! At least I’m hoping. :)

^Great news SKR!

Has anyone noticed how some on this thread, (others too), change their username without any warning but still keep posting as usual?

There are at least two members that I've identified posting here that have newish handles, & another PMed me his former name as well.

Just curious...

***News from me, I have started back at the gym!!!

Only this past Tuesday mind you, but I had over a year of physio/rehab with my neck/arm/hand to relieve some pain & retain some function, especially as it's my dominant hand.

I've been diagnosed with complex regional pain disorder, can't feel my hand,-except when the burning pain gets so severe that it couldn't hurt more if I was literally on fire?!

Life has been very much a battle since I was hit & run. Adapting to trying to use my left hand, whilst also doing what I can with my right,( including cutting, burning, or knocking it & not realising until I or another points out that I'm bleeding), had broken me at some point.

I'll cook dinner & then drop it on the floor as my hand gives way with no warning, rub shampoo into my eye instead of right side of my head, be in tears of frustration at not being able get dressed,- now my clothing is either pull on, elastic waisted, or able to slip over my head.

Not to mention the litres of good red that Ive also wasted either by abruptly dropping my glass or unknowingly swiping off a bench or table!?

I thank my version of god everyday that my 'Initial' chronic musculoskeletal pain is being very well managed/in remission, my GP is over an hour away to see, but damn, the ways she has helped me,-she's worth it!!!!

I may have previously posted this, or some of the older members might recall that prior to hearing how good this GP was from a couple of Cpp's enduring the same treatment, all that was left in my PM Drs repertoire for me after 8 years was ketamine infusions as a private inpatient every 6-8 weeks. What a waste of two years!

Since the accident I've developed seizures, been diagnosed with ptsd & prolonged post concussion disorder. I also have a more private concern that is possibly from a spinal cord or brain signal, &, (sorry guys & gals), when I need to pee, I suddenly NEED the toilet NOW!?

I see a new neurologist next month to do some tests & try to find out if the first & last problems are a neurological disease of some sort, or have arisen from trauma.

That's it for now folks, -peace, less pain & good karma to all,

Rtp xx

Glad you are mostly in good spirits about life, it's either that or fall into a heap crying. Yes I do wonder about my numb patches numb fingers, numb patches on my thigh. Must just be referred from my awesome back I and Dr's leave it at that unless it gets really bad or worse.

I hear you on the broken glasses RTP, when my dominant hand fingers and forearm are numb (sounds like an over masturbation really ) it's always the precious things that are dropped like grandmothers (in law!) crystal vases (dammit!!)

Might be time to lower your standards a little and drink cask wine rtp lol, At least when you're done you can use it as a pillow.

Gotta go I'm driving!