• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2008 NHL Playoffs Thread

soooooo...

luc bourdon, young defenseman from vancouver, died in a motorcycle accident the other day. he and kris letang (rookie dman from the pens) were best friends. this cant be good for the pens defensive strategy as letang hasnt been able to skate hard since hearing the news. my condolences go out to the bourdon family and friends.

in a related story. its a series again. 2-1 wings. i knew there was no fucking way possible the wings could take 3 straight from the pens let alone shut them out for the first two... so i had a GOOD feeling they'd win game 3. now if the pens can muster a victory tomorrow night its a series again. if they lose... its all but over.

i am seriously upset at the NHL coverage in my area. I can't afford to get the pay per view stuff for hockey.. and no local stations had any games on.. i'm in canada on a little vacation.. and i love it.. because it's all hockey all the time here..

i guess i'll have to look into some kind of nhl package for next season..

^ fact.

i have the nhl center ice package online. i can get any game on my computer, the only problem is that i get FSN coverage on tv so those games are blacked out. often the jackets games that are on are on at the same time as the cavs and technically since i live in the cleveland region, its the cavs broadcasts i pick up. also... i dont have versus, but my cable company carries it so im considered to have versus by the local blackout standards so i dont get any games that are broadcast on versus either... ie. a majority of the playoffs games this season. luckily i have a best friend who has a 50 inch LG plasma tv with high def and lives two minutes from me who just happens to also be a hockey fan.

basically its well worth paying a little money for the option to watch every game, you just have to take into consideration the local blackouts.

WAY TO GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Bringing Lord Stanley's Cup back home where it belongs...
HOCKEYTOWN!!!!!

And congrats Henrik Zetterberg on winning the Conn Smythe Trophy!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!! :D

I really wanted the penguins to win.. *sigh*

not that i'm a hardcore pittsburgh fan.. just didn't want it to go to detroit again..

oh well.. let's look forward to next season..

Pshaaw said:
I really wanted the penguins to win.. *sigh*

not that i'm a hardcore pittsburgh fan.. just didn't want it to go to detroit again..

oh well.. let's look forward to next season..

me too. :( and no, i'm not really even a penguins fan, just that 2 of my guys got traded there and got the chance to play for the cup....hossa and dupuis from atlanta.

game 5 was just fucking INSANE...too bad the penguins didn't bring that to game 6.

and yeah, already looking forward to next season! :D

that mishap by fluery in the net that gave the wings their 3rd goal was kind of depressing. :( MAF played so well in game 5 making 55 saves, gets no offensive support in game 6 and cracks under pressure. he looked pretty bad at times almost turning the puck over behind the net, having to play a physical game in the trapezoid, he tried to do too much. then again like i said, his offensive support wasnt anything to write home about. the penguins never gave him a chance to breathe, you cant solely blame him for the loss and the fact that he knocked the one goal in for detroit after trying to fall on the puck and then they score what WOULD have been (had that not happened) the tying goal with 45ish seconds left... you know he's gonna be kicking himself until next season. it was a rather devastating blow for the deflated looking pittsburgh team.

BUT on the other hand... you have to give it up to detroit for playing their game. they're such a talented team and completely deserved this cup. they were clearly the best team in the nhl this year and aside from that stretch where almost their entire defense was on the DL... they showed almost no weakness from game one of the regular season to game 6 of the stanley cup finals. congrats to detroit are due.