The new phish appreciation thread

The lawn at Dicks is the floor, noob.

Y'all think these MSG rumors for 2017 hold any water? 13 shows over 3 weeks or something like that?

Fuck you, Billy Joel.

"In our endeavor we are ever trying to see eye, etc." Aimee Mann

Bob weir came out, 2001 space odyssey, and closed with quin the Eskimo cover

And much much more. One of my better shows tbh

I'll try this here first.

What do you think of this Big Boat album? Ditection shift to lighter days ahead ?
Either I'm really HAF, or this is a mellow follow up to a great album Fuego, which is great, but mellow also.

If this don't fly here, I'll just make a new thread.

After a mult hour prep session, the album is great. Kind of refreshing in a way. I'm not concerned with the direction of the band. Anyone else check this out?

Hi guys. Long time phish fan here.
Phish is what got me into sobriety for awhile, most of my friends are phells.
I fell off the wagon on fall tour and am somehow still in Vegas... this happens every time I do a whole tour.

Ive been listening to a lot of the shows again and as much as I hated petrichor I kind of like it now when I'm in a haze

Speed - I like big boat. Good album.

Drchinacat, long time phish burn out here. Even if you yellow ballon your face off at set break with the phelowship, tour is no place for a junkie. Take some time off from seeing shows, get your life together and then go see some select shows every year when you're in a better place with your sobriety. I've seen this happen so many times with so many of my friends. Some are stuck in the addiction rut, some are dead, but most have their shit together and are completely sober and do shows in style with no desire to use. Those that have been successful with sobriety tour have taken time off from tour to get to that place. Just look at Trey, he needed a break, took it and now is playing like it's 1995 again.

I see you're pretty young, so maybe you need more time, but I'm just telling you what I've seen after over 20 years of chasing this band around the country.

Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.

I'm not trying to be sober anymore. I've done tour sober and a full time junkie and every place in between. It's looking like there might not be a summer tour this year anyway, unfortunately.

Chicken- I got nice and high and put the album on repeat. It took a listen or two to get into it, but I like it a lot. It complements Fuego quite nicely.

drchinacat, I completely agree with ChickenScratch. No need to repeat the truth. ChickenScratch knows. Quite the tour veteran.

Well, if you're not trying to be sober, tour is the perfect place to be. Just sounded kind of shitty being stuck in Vegas. I wasn't trying to come off as preachy.

Yea, next year is just looking like Mexico and MSG residency, maybe Halloween and New Years. Sucks because, after a relatively weak summer tour, they finished fall so strong. Alpharetta was all I caught and they were on fire.

drchinacat, I completely agree with ChickenScratch. No need to repeat the truth. ChickenScratch knows. Quite the tour veteran.

How can you agree with someone just because they're a "tour veteran"? Doesn't even make sense. Scratch doesn't do opiates, and just cause he "had friends that did" is nothjng like the real thing.
Not dick sizing here or anything but I've Done my fair share of tours and shows; and most of the time a hardcore addiction to accompany me.

How can you agree with someone just because they're a "tour veteran"? Doesn't even make sense. Scratch doesn't do opiates, and just cause he "had friends that did" is nothjng like the real thing.
Not dick sizing here or anything but I've Done my fair share of tours and shows; and most of the time a hardcore addiction to accompany me.

I mean, you just kinda said it yourself, you've done plenty of tours with a hardcore addiction. Had I known drchina didn't wanna be sober I wouldn't have spewed all that shit about tour not being a good place for a junkie. It's a great place for a junkie if you except it and wanna get fucked up all the time. If you're trying to get sober, it probably ain't the best place to be.

And just because I was never an opiate guy, it doesn't mean I haven't been to the darkest corners of phish tour. Hell, it was my favorite part of tour for a long time. God damn sketch lot in Philly and Camden, I ate that shit alive.

Anyway, whatever. Phish rules, I think we all agree on that. I wish they were playing more next year. They're so god damn good right now. After suffering through 2.0 and some shitty 3.0 tours, I feel like it's 1995 again.

Knife, my dear, I don't believe I have your number either. PM me that shit. I hope you're well. Would love to catch up.

My point was doing tour when you're a full-time junkie is not fun.
Period.
I mean, for fuck sakes- I couldn't find a single bag of doap on hardfort lot this year!! Thats fucking ludacris!
I've done my fair share of coppin in pretty much every city you can imagine;
And although every junkie loves the rush of cold-coppin;
it sucks to be in the car sick as fuck driving forever;
I guess it was also easier when you know you can hop off phish tour and right onto some dead-related tour; instead of throwing the towel in completely and high-tailing it straight to the mission.
But that's neither here nor there.

? I turn and walk away then I come 'round again
It looks as though tomorrow I'll do pretty much the same. ?