The new phish appreciation thread

I will keep doing reviews, as I learn how to. Today I started listening to: Phish - Hampton/Winston-Salem '97. It is a 7 disk box set, recorded live November 21 & 22, 1997 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA and November 23, 1997 Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Winston-Salem, NC. Very excellent Shows. One of my favourites is Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Winston-Salem North Carolina, 11/23/97 . The whole show is excellent. Fluffhead, Character Zero, Down with Disease. A nice solo album is Shine by Trey Anastasio. I don't know what to say, but all great songs. Shine is one of my favourites. I'm waiting to hear from you Phans.

If you download the KODI entertainment player, open source for a few platforms, it has phish.in listed in the music add on's. It has like every Phish show. I found the show I went to. It has the entire Phish summer tour, and years past.

Did anyone go to the NYE run of Phish shows at Madison Square Garden ? Please post some comments here. I started listening to night one and they sound really tight. I'll post back once I listen to all the shows.

I didn't go, but I finally got around to listening. Pretty standard. 1/2 is the best show by far. Night one of Mexico was really good last night. Probably won't stream tonight because of football, but I bet it's a smoke show.

At least there jamming. Summer tour here we come! That's where my mind is. Anyone check out the phish.in plug in on the Kodi player. Every show.

^^what? I'm pushing the KODI audio/visual player. One way you can get it is through a Linux distro. I got mine using Linux Ununtu 14.04.3 LTS. I am about 100% sure that every show is on it. It is an add on in the KODI player. I was listening to shows from the 80's.

Last edited:
I've been trying to like Phish for quite some time. I don't mean any disrespect to fans but I just don't get it it's just not working for me been trying for a while now and it's not happening. Any recommendations of a can't miss song?

Llama is nice. Maze, It's Ice, Sample in a jar, 46 days, Fuego. It's nearly impossible to name them all. There's just too many. Just a suggestion, quit trying to like them. Catch a buzz and just put them on in the background.

You're a little late to the party brah. tickets have been on sale for a week, some shows already sold out. I'm going to Europe this summer so can't hit any shows but rumor on the street is that the fall will have a bunch of southeast dates, which would be a okay for this guy.

Latest batch of rumors

10/12 John Paul Jones Arena Charlottesville, VA
10/14 North Charleston Civic Center North Charleston, SC
10/15 North Charleston Civic Center North Charleston, SC
10/18 Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN
10/19 KFC Yum Center Louisville, KY
10/21 Philips Arena Atlanta, GA
10/22 Philips Arena Atlanta, GA
10/23 Legacy Arena Birmingham, AL
10/25 Verizon Theatre Dallas, TX
10/26 Frank Erwin Center Austin, TX
10/28 T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/29 T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/30 T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV

Making note. Thanks. The KY show sounds interesting. Then again, flights to Las Vegas are cheap!!! A triple Vegas show? That's gotta be titts.

I've been trying to like Phish for quite some time. I don't mean any disrespect to fans but I just don't get it it's just not working for me been trying for a while now and it's not happening. Any recommendations of a can't miss song?

Maybe their music isn't for you?

I grew up listening to phish, the dead, and all sort of music but I don't enjoy the music of bands like moe., UM, or WSP.

If you don't like a band or their music there's no point in trying to force yourself to like something you personally do not enjoy or like to listen to.