The new phish appreciation thread

Yeah, I mean there's nothing really to think about. If you are going on tour from X day to X day, then just do the tour. Just because they rip it one show at said place doesn't mean that the following year will be the same. Although they've just been plan killing it.

Plus you can't plan anything, really, until it's been announced. They don't play the exact tour every time. Once they announce the dates, you can plan accordingly

I get the fact that they don't do the same thing twice, which is nice. I'm just one of those types who likes to think and plan, even when there is not much of a point to.
That's all. I'll concentrate on setting aside some funds. The rest will come together when it does. You can't blame a guy for being somewhat excited.

I don't know man, I don't even really know what else to say about that. There's nothing to plan. The dates are set and you follow. The rest is left for the universe to decide what happens.
It's like that saying, life is what happens when you are too busy planning for it. Tour isn't for everyone. And it isn't just about seeing shows. If you want to have fun you are going to have to relinquish some of your control. Besides that... This:

I get the fact that they don't do the same thing twice
Is False.

I don't know man, I don't even really know what else to say about that. There's nothing to plan. The dates are set and you follow. The rest is left for the universe to decide what happens.
It's like that saying, life is what happens when you are too busy planning for it. Tour isn't for everyone. And it isn't just about seeing shows. If you want to have fun you are going to have to relinquish some of your control. Besides that... This:

Is False.
That's it. I agree. I accept the fact that I have to let go.I agree with that post entirely. At least I'm open to understanding and willing to learn.

I'm sitting in my easy chair with my corn cob pipe and I'll start this off with "back in MY day"......When I did tour I didn't plan shit other than how i was gonna make money. No cell phones, no gps. Just camping gear, a map, and boat loads of beer and drugs, possibly a few show tickets but usually not.

Now, the most shows I've done in a row in the past 12 years is 4. So I plan like a mother fucker and do that shit all adult. Plane tickets, show tickets, rental car, hotels, restaurant reservations, etc.

I'm a shell of my former self. I hope speedking, just gets in the car and goes, though because everyone needs to experience that shit.

If you can't remember older post, I'm 37yrs old. I'm sorry, but I'm rebuilding after cancer. I get the point. Aside from cash, ill just go have a good time. No planning shit.

You sound 17 yrs old.:) for real. I get it. I understand. Thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited:
ChickenScratch, nice hotels and a few shows also sound very nice.

It sure as fuck is. I like hitting up a cool city and staying there for a few days after the shows to deal with my hangover and do grown up shit. That's basically how I vacation these days. But I've done full tours before, dirtbag style. Like I said, it's something everyone should do at some point. I have friends in just about any city in this country from years of doing tour.

I think I have to do a hybrid. A mix of hardcore tour and hotels. I like tripping out, so I'll definitely do it right.
Hey Chicken, you have been a great help on here. Thanks.
When the tour ends, we gotta keep the thread rolling. I started this thread to speak anything Phish. So stuff like album reviews, and other stuff related.
I'm a wise man, and I like other wise people. Your one of them.

Scratch has super low self esteem. He's one of those people that call himself dumb so you coddle him and tell him how smart he really is.

And since my opinion is worthless I'll just go ahead and say that anyone who jams out to studio albums should be hung from the trees.

I think I have to do a hybrid. A mix of hardcore tour and hotels.

Can you elaborate?

I really like rift and billy breathes. But I can't remember the last time I listened to either. I did put the studio version of train song on a spotify mix the other day, though.

Studio David Bowie is pretty sick iirc. I hate nazi music hippies that have any asinine/arbitrary opinions about music. It is what it is illywak you are not special. Well maybe a little ;)