Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Watching The Shining again. I think the Kubrick films on Netflix are edited in some new way but I can't put my finger on it. At the risk of sounding crazy, I think 2001 has entire portions of footage that I haven't even seen before. One thing I noticed is that his films are much more compact on Netflix and "easy to watch." I really don't mind it too much I guess.

Jersey Shore season 2!

I'm glad because I wasn't able to see any of it when it aired.

Netflix and I are gonna go smush now <3

:D

Freakonomics

70095133.jpg

Several documentary directors each film a segment representing one chapter of Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner's best-seller Freakonomics, which explains different elements of popular culture through economic theory and statistics. Issues include everything from cheating sumo wrestlers to whether Roe v. Wade produced a drop in crime. Filmmakers include Morgan Spurlock, Alex Gibney, Seth Gordon, Eugene Jarecki, Rachel Grady and Heidi Ewing.

---

Worth the watch, though the book / audio series is probably a better bet if your really interested in the material.
None-the-less the movie is helpful to visual learners/understanders like me.

They've got almost every episode of No Reservations on Netflix :D

bourdain.jpg

Also:

The greatest show of all time.

beavis-butt-head-20100714-153552.jpg

Even if you don't like food shows you should check out the Beirut episode of No Reservations. It's super sombering as he was there when the conflict broke out.

Personally I find I am not masochistic enough to watch food shows while stoned. I would probably eat myself to death tbh