Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Yeah I had seen it on the Instant list, but was waiting for something to make me interested in it, thanks! I'll check out The Golden Bough as well, I'm big into anthropology as you rightly suspected. :)

State of Grace was decent, particularly if you like neo-noir, though I should admit I'm mostly posting it to keep this thread alive. I like me some free streaming high video quality adware-free movies (my gf's account).

Heres a few good titles that i'm sure you will enjoy!

6a00d8341c767353ef0120a91ef3d4970b-320wi

42243.jpg

awesome books to, its about a girl thats in her twenties that goes through everything.

awesome psyco-trhiller.

check em out :)

the art of the steal infuriated me! I was sick to my stomach.

Why, if I may ask?

I know nothing on the subject matter, but I'll probably check it out when I have some more time.

Heres a few good titles that i'm sure you will enjoy!

6a00d8341c767353ef0120a91ef3d4970b-320wi

42243.jpg

awesome books to, its about a girl thats in her twenties that goes through everything.

awesome psyco-trhiller.

check em out :)

Ah, yes, excellent recommendations.

In English:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
&
The Girl who Played with Fire

Enter the void is worth a watch, but considering the nature of the film, and the fact that the netflix version is cut to almost half length (edit: I read incorrectly, it is cut but not to that extend), I would personally go download the BluRay version off of torrents. The extra couple of GB's is worth it for this particular film, as the visual aspects are the most important part.

^netflix streaming and blu-ray are both the 142 minute cut. The original premeire of the movie was 163, which the director said was not honed down enough. the final cut was 154 min. The one 142 cut is missing one of seven reels. According to wikipedia. So the netflix version is 12 minutes short, but only the french dvd has the 154 version.

Now I am all for seeing the movie as the director intended, but Enter the Void is way too long at both 154 and even 142, and Noel said the 7th reel was not "essential." I am not familiar with any of this guys other films, but if your movie is over 2 1/2 hours long and you have at least an entire reel of "unessential" scenes...

edit:
and talk about globalization. a french film shot entirely in english, set in japan, with a british protagonist.

Edit: one of 9 reels* which you would think would be more than 12 minutes.

Why, if I may ask?

I know nothing on the subject matter, but I'll probably check it out when I have some more time.

Ah, yes, excellent recommendations.

In English:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
&
The Girl who Played with Fire

Enter the void is worth a watch, but considering the nature of the film, and the fact that the netflix version is cut to almost half length, I would personally go download the BluRay version off of torrents. The extra couple of GB's is worth it for this particular film, as the visual aspects are the most important part.

^
Enter the void is a great watch, I never watched the netflix ver. but if it's cut to shit, then I'm not watching it :).

Law Abiding Citizen
Law-Abiding-Citizen-Poster.jpg

wow what a fucking good movie!
lets u know that citizens can fuck with the governments to. :)

^
Enter the void is a great watch, I never watched the netflix ver. but if it's cut to shit, then I'm not watching it :).

Ya, IIRC someone from across the pond said the UK (theatre) version is the same stomped on bunk shit. :p

Law Abiding Citizen
NSFW:
Law-Abiding-Citizen-Poster.jpg

wow what a fucking good movie!
lets u know that citizens can fuck with the governments to. :)

I downloaded that a while ago knowing nothing about it, maybe I'll actually get around to watching it per your recommendation. Fuck the man, man :D

I have to disagree. This [Pandorum] is one of the most mind-numbingly bad movies I have ever seen in any genre. It's not because I have a problem with this or that, it's because it is bad and boring at the same time. I accidentally saw it in theaters and had a headache when it was over, just a dull pain.

Agreed, I couldn't stand to sit through it and flipped it off about half-way through.

@ D's: Liked that movie a lot too, didn't expect much from it with Gerard Butler and all, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Last movie I saw was A Mighty Wind, more Guest goodness, I must say I have become a convert.

Why, if I may ask?

I know nothing on the subject matter, but I'll probably check it out when I have some more time..

it reaffirmed my feelings that pennsylvania is filled with scummy, filthy, scoundrels who so bad they couldn't even make it in ohio.

the greatest art collection in the world, the most beautiful art collection was stolen by a bunch of fucking rich cunts, even after this man worked hard to keep it out of their hands. and yet, they still stole it, they fucking stole it. it's very sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_the_Steal_(film)

^Just finisheed watching this one. Fantastic. It really puts things in perspective, how the trust was violated just so the collection could be carted around for masses of idiots to pay $5 entrance fees. Politics at its most pathetic and hypocritical.

i watched blade 2 last night, had not seen it in years and enjoyed it immensely. its directed by guillermo del toro, which is prolly why i liked it so much.

Oh damn. I forgot to post that my favorite documentary of all time is on instant: San Soleil. It's more of a poetic travelogue and meditation on time and memory than a documentary I suppose. If you have philosophical taste or an interest in the culture of Japan you'll probably find it very fascinating. It's also quite psychedelic.

291457.jpg

The director, Chris Marker, also made La Jetee, the famous short whose metaphysical view of time Terry Gilliam's "12 Monkeys" adopts as a central concept.

^Yeah. Le Jetee is definitely worth watching. Don't let the strange style put you off.

All of That 70s Show has been added, HD.