Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I did not make it all the way through, but it certainly seems that mind control techniques are being employed. Because of the BS im dealing with I have spent quite a bit of time lately looking into the psychological techniques people can use to gain power over other people. It fascinates me a bit as im such an independent, so its so foreign to me. Going to read this today.

CCMC-book-cover-final.jpg

Just the idea of faith indicates a person is being influenced. If that statement is true then the majority of religion qualifies as manipulation.

I agreed until that last statement about faith meaning a person is influenced. Just because a person has faith in something, it doesn't necessarily mean they've been brainwashed or under mind control. You can't just throw faith and religion all in the same category like that. The book about cults looks very interesting. I've always been fascinated by the type of people who can easily be manipulated into joining a cult.

Netflix has pretty okay films but most of them feels so fake, this hollywood bullshit gaze took over since 2011, the last year for good films and ideas. Anyway, yesterday my daughter wanted to watch something and I gave her my account, I mean ours, because what's mine belongs to my family and from curiosity I wanted to see the last movie watched, it was ''What happend to Monday?'' So yeah, I do stick to my opinion. Fuck Netflix, the only reason I pay it's because of my daughter.

Yes, Netflix has been slacking. I'm going to get rid of it again next month and probably stick with Amazon Prime.

Mindhunter is worth watching on Netflix for now. I've been enjoying season 2.

Last edited:
Taking something on faith may indicate you should believe in something with no credible logical backing. This seems like slippery slope that may be used to manipulate.

Taking something on faith may indicate you should believe in something with no credible logical backing. This seems like slippery slope that may be used to manipulate.

Hmmm...not really. If the person in question is an asshole and is trying to manipulate someone with false hope, that's a different story. It depends on what situation you're talking about. Having faith doesn't automatically mean manipulation or mind control.

Cults fascinate me though. Like how can a guy manipulate a group of people into doing whatever he wants and believing everything he believes. That kinda thing. Like the Jim Jones drink the Kool-Aid shit. I have my own mind. I would never fall for something like that.

The forward to that book I started begins with an account of relatives experiences as the Jonestown massacre was going on. I disagree though.. in that taking anything on faith is a manipulation. I think all of us are extremely vulnerable to manipulation, They just use all that we want, value cherish and seek to drive us toward their goals. What is promised over and over in The Family?

The forward to that book I started begins with an account of relatives experiences as the Jonestown massacre was going on. I disagree though.. in that taking anything on faith is a manipulation. I think all of us are extremely vulnerable to manipulation, They just use all that we want, value cherish and seek to drive us toward their goals. What is promised over and over in The Family?

Not sure, tell me what is promised over and over in The Family. The Family is like a cult anyway, that's been established.

yeah, frasier. miles can be such a chump. why not get that marriage annulled instead of legitimizing it in public.

Haha! Yeah, Miles is a pussy. That theme song is stuck in my head because of you. Something about tossed salad and scrambled eggs...

Started watching Mindhunter season 2 this morning. Been enjoying it a lot.

I finished season 2 of Mindhunter last night. They covered a huge serial killer case I never even knew about. How many times do we hear about Manson, Bundy, Dahmer? Etc.
All of these victims were black so I have no doubt that's why it hasn't gotten as much publicity. I'm glad Mindhunter is making people aware of it.

I'm giving Green Frontier a try now. I like the 1st episode so far. It's gorgeous to look at since it's shot in the jungle.

Only thing is there are subtitles. There are too many subtitled shows on Netflix now, that has become very annoying.

I finished season 2 of Mindhunter last night. They covered a huge serial killer case I never even knew about. How many times do we hear about Manson, Bundy, Dahmer? Etc.
All of these victims were black so I have no doubt that's why it hasn't gotten as much publicity. I'm glad Mindhunter is making people aware of it.
Makes sense :/ I ll be propably finishing it in a week so I ll give my thoughts about the season then.

I just got into mindhunter and really like it so far.

a closing thought on The Family is the idea they presented about cultivating a society similar to America in the 1960's. The crap I deal with has this clearly in it.., I tagged it as Corn Town Morals.. Its real.. There is a group of people out here that feel that we were onto something important at that point and are trying recreate it. I'm not saying we don't need a better direction.. but good lord fuck that shit.

daphne get pregnant and quit the show? the fat subplot is super awkward. it makes no sense except as a break the fourth wall joke.

daphne get pregnant and quit the show? the fat subplot is super awkward. it makes no sense except as a break the fourth wall joke.

I forgot about that. I guess all the episodes couldn't be winners.

Green Frontier is enchanting! It sucks you into that world of beauty, danger, mystery and the supernatural in the jungle. I love it so far, on episode 5.

daphne get pregnant and quit the show? the fat subplot is super awkward.
Yeah, she got pregers and they made up that subplot. Frasier is definitely better in the earlier seasons, but I still think it's solid all the way through.
I was always happy to see Niles get with Daphne. Happy ending type thing.

My wife watches Friends over and over a couple times a year and while it's also funny, the show gets so bad in the last few seasons. Plus the show could have honestly got along fine without Rachel or Ross. They're boring characters who are completely self-absorbed.

^ Friends is so comforting to watch and hilarious. I love when Ross bought that big, gaudy white couch and they were trying to get it up the stairs. Ross kept yelling "PIVOT! PIVOT!" Haha
Oh, I hate when they tried to make Joey and Rachel a couple. They were grasping at straws.

I couldn't do without Rachel in the show, she's so hot. Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox were at their hottest during Friends. The singer of Counting Crows had both of them. Lucky sod.