Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I watched the short "Frankenstein's Monster's Monster, Frankenstein" the other week, and I really enjoyed it. I have no idea why it was made, or what the point even was, but very entertaining lol.

"I love morphine!!!!"

Cool! I haven't seen that yet, but now I will. I think the guy from Stranger Things is in it.

I stumbled on "Drunk and on Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour", a short 6 part, surreal acid trip of a show. It's by the same guys that do "Trailer Park Boys"... I don't know if it's for everyone because the show is a trip but I think most drug users will get a kick out of it. The premise and show setup is bizarre but the characters and episodes are funny as hell.

It was perfect for my stoney afternoon.

Last edited:
^ Sounds interesting for sure.

I'm hooked on Typewriter right now, it's an excellent horror series.
What I love about it is it's scary and humorous at times. Well done.
On episode 5.

i've been passively watching Frasier. i hated it during it's actual airing. that means i haven't seen most of them. and like almost all successful sitcoms, it's about friends and family. so it makes me feel less lonely. it's a big change for me because in recent years my interest in film has waned and in result i didn't have a tv hooked up at my old house. but oddly still had one hanging on the wall as the focus of my living room. apparently i threw the remote away.

what's strange is the laugh track. it borders on ruining it for me. even though i think it is actual people, it pricks that uncanny valley sensation. the majority of the humor is sexual innuendo, so they do need a crutch. and a curious amount of lowbrow suicide jokes.

what's strange in a more pleasant way is their cellphones. i know they're supposed to be posh and stuff, but even rich people did not use cellphones in the 90s. yeah some people had them -- especially "car phones" -- but i don't remember people actually using them. not only do they use them, but they're small flip phones. that's not how i remember it. on the show they do only pull them out to make calls; they never answer their cellphones.

bulldog is my favorite character. they make you want him to be human so bad, and then give it to you in the tiniest, most unsatisfying, incomplete doses. like when they treated each other kindly on That 70s Show. they never really let you have it, but it was always there, and felt like what was genuine, so you wanted it bad.s

sucks it shows alcohol consumption every episode.

and just cause i'm watching right now ... oops at niles, a renowned psychiatrist, saying, "the vet said half of one of maris's green pills" would tranquilize the dog during storms. oh, and he receives a call on his cellphone in the same episode.

Last edited:
You're looking too hard into the show, hydro. Frasier is my favorite sitcom of all time, actually just finished watching it for a third time. My favorite character is Niles, I find him most relatable. Or maybe Noel, lol.

There's a lot of funny trivia about the show. The actor who plays Bulldog is actually gay IRL so it's funny he plays a tomcat. Kelsey Grammar doesn't know shit about opera, but the actor who plays Marty is actually really into it and plays piano, wheras Kelsey Grammar just pretends in his scenes. The actor who plays Niles is actually quite an adept pianist and plays all his scenes himself. Oh, and the actress who plays Daphne isn't from Manchester and apparently some English folk find her Manchester impression dubious at best.

I agree that the blatant alcoholism is annoying at times, at least, when I wana be sober.

Sherry, Hydro?

John Mahoney died, right? The one who played Frasier's father. That was sad. He was fantastic in that show. I liked him better than Frasier and Niles.

he's a good actor. all of them smile from time to time, but i think mahoney is the deepest into character.

cool facts, Cream. especially all of them. i remember you posting about the show a while back. Carl Landrover too.

niles used to drive me up the wall when i was young. now, i could hang out with him.

Sherry, Hydro?
right? can't do that. but about to go grab some microwave tamales and watch an episode or two.

I stumbled on "Drunk and on Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour", a short 6 part, surreal acid trip of a show. It's by the same guys that do "Trailer Park Boys"... I don't know if it's for everyone because the show is a trip but I think most drug users will get a kick out of it. The premise and show setup is bizarre but the characters and episodes are funny as hell.

It was perfect for my stoney afternoon.

I'm a TPB super fan but I could never really get into it. There are hilarious moments but as a whole idk. I get it though, it's not meant to be over analyzed.

i've been passively watching Frasier. i hated it during it's actual airing. that means i haven't seen most of them. and like almost all successful sitcoms, it's about friends and family. so it makes me feel less lonely. it's a big change for me because in recent years my interest in film has waned and in result i didn't have a tv hooked up at my old house. but oddly still had one hanging on the wall as the focus of my living room. apparently i threw the remote away.

what's strange is the laugh track. it borders on ruining it for me. even though i think it is actual people, it pricks that uncanny valley sensation. the majority of the humor is sexual innuendo, so they do need a crutch. and a curious amount of lowbrow suicide jokes.

what's strange in a more pleasant way is their cellphones. i know they're supposed to be posh and stuff, but even rich people did not use cellphones in the 90s. yeah some people had them -- especially "car phones" -- but i don't remember people actually using them. not only do they use them, but they're small flip phones. that's not how i remember it. on the show they do only pull them out to make calls; they never answer their cellphones.

bulldog is my favorite character. they make you want him to be human so bad, and then give it to you in the tiniest, most unsatisfying, incomplete doses. like when they treated each other kindly on That 70s Show. they never really let you have it, but it was always there, and felt like what was genuine, so you wanted it bad.s

sucks it shows alcohol consumption every episode.

and just cause i'm watching right now ... oops at niles, a renowned psychiatrist, saying, "the vet said half of one of maris's green pills" would tranquilize the dog during storms. oh, and he receives a call on his cellphone in the same episode.
Its satire, eh? Yes, its awful, canned laughter satire but it does take the piss out of itself...though K. Grammar was married to the rich housewives of grapefruit county, its just another reason to see- those stuck in the plastic need a release too, imo. its all hell; some more saccharine that others.

GLOW with Marc Maron is back for season 3! That's the only reason I kept Netflix this month.

Just started watching The Family.

In light of my recent experiences I find it fascinating how easily most people are unwittingly controlled. Religion still is the master at this point.

Just started watching The Family.

In light of my recent experiences I find it fascinating how easily most people are unwittingly controlled. Religion still is the master at this point.

The Family was more like a cult. It didn't represent true christianity at all. They say "Jesus" a lot, but that doesn't mean anything. Those people were off.
I watched a few episodes then it lost my interest. It was kinda all over the place.

Mindhunter is back with season 2. I'll be watching that later.

True, but what is the distinction between a cult and religion?

The cult is more like brainwashing. Usually there's someone who runs the group and manipulates gullible people. The way I learned about Jesus was not in a brainwashing manner. I sought the Word of God on my own and the Holy Spirit revealed things to me. I wasn't following anyone else and being sucked into a group of people. It's hard to explain, but there's certainly a difference.

Makes sense C2C but religions employ similar if not the same techniques and members of religions may find this difficult and very uncomfortable to see.

Makes sense C2C but religions employ similar if not the same techniques and members of religions may find this difficult and very uncomfortable to see.

Hmmm...I don't even consider myself religious at all. People who don't know any better might think The Family somehow represents what Christianity is about and they don't. That's the only thing that bothers me about it. Maybe I should finish it, but they got too deep into politics and I zoned out. lol
If you finish it, let me know what you think.
It started out strong.

Ok so I ended up finishing the series last night because you got me interested again. My biggest critique is that the documentary doesn't make it quite clear what the whole thing is about. While I was watching I'm like "What is the point of this?" It started coming together a little bit in the 5th and final episode.

In the 5th episode, there was a Reverend who said The Family cherry-picked what their Jesus looks like and how their Jesus behaves. He said they made it cultish and uses Jesus like a mascot. That's exactly what I was trying to express earlier. They are doing their own thing.

Basically, The Family are the Elite. They think they are "chosen" and special because they are rich. As if Jesus only cares about the Elite and the wealthy which couldn't be further from the truth.

I did not make it all the way through, but it certainly seems that mind control techniques are being employed. Because of the BS im dealing with I have spent quite a bit of time lately looking into the psychological techniques people can use to gain power over other people. It fascinates me a bit as im such an independent, so its so foreign to me. Going to read this today.

CCMC-book-cover-final.jpg

Just the idea of faith indicates a person is being influenced. If that statement is true then the majority of religion qualifies as manipulation.

Netflix has pretty okay films but most of them feels so fake, this hollywood bullshit gaze took over since 2011, the last year for good films and ideas. Anyway, yesterday my daughter wanted to watch something and I gave her my account, I mean ours, because what's mine belongs to my family and from curiosity I wanted to see the last movie watched, it was ''What happend to Monday?'' So yeah, I do stick to my opinion. Fuck Netflix, the only reason I pay it's because of my daughter.