Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

bojack-horseman-exclusive-trailer-debut_bghe.jpg

Bojack Horseman

Netflix confirms Australian launch for March 2015

After months of speculation and rumours, Netflix finally announces it will launch in Australia and New Zealand in 2015.

The price tag for Australian subscribers has not yet been confirmed, but Netflix is promising "a curated selection of popular movies and TV shows in high-definition or even 4K where available" across "hundreds of Internet-connected devices".

http://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-confirms-australian-launch-march-2015/

I'm sure there are a number of others, but you only have until December 1, 2014 to catch the following movies on Netflix Instant:

- The Paper Chase (1973)
- Double Indemnity (1944)
- School Ties (1992)
- Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Robocop 2 (1990)
- An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
- First Knight (1995)
- Five Easy Pieces (1970)
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (2008 )
- The Constant Gardener (2005)
- The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988 )
- The Apostle (1997)
- Eye for an Eye (1996)

Last edited:
Holy shit, I had no idea AUS/NZ did not have access to Netflix. That's crazy.

From the above if you haven't seen them before I would check out The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and probably School Ties if you have time.

Bojack Horseman is so fucking good... I had to have friends convince me to watch the first episode and I'm glad they did. Give it a shot Netflix viewers.

Holy shit, I had no idea AUS/NZ did not have access to Netflix. That's crazy.

From the above if you haven't seen them before I would check out The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and probably School Ties if you have time.

Bojack Horseman is so fucking good... I had to have friends convince me to watch the first episode and I'm glad they did. Give it a shot Netflix viewers.

I read somewhere that when it gets here we (Aussies) are going to have a greatly different (worse) format of netflix, since we have foxtel (and bigpond and tv networks and such) and they already have the rights to loads things they wont be able to be shown on netflix.

It's a shame, but that's the way it is. Oh and we'll probably pay more too of course. :(

Chelsea Peretti's One of the Greats

It was good. Watch it. But, I'm nothing like her. Contrary to a person's opinion.

Bill Burr I'm Sorry you Feel that Way

Even better. I basically love him.

lots of sensible chuckles

The new Bill Burr standup show on netflix is worth a look. quite surprising how much different he looks now

Just saw 'I know that voice.'

John Dimaggio interviews tons of cartoon voice actors, and they talk about the trade and do their voices. He seriously got almost everyone I wanted to see except Matt + Trey, but he did get Kyle's mom for the movie.

If you have any interest in cartoons and the actors that do the voices, you gotta see this.

Check the link below for the cast. It's crazy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_That_Voice

The Unbelievers is another great doc. Essentially it follows around Richard Dawkins (evolutionary biologist) and lawrence Krauss (theoretical physicist), as they debate and host various seminars regarding religion/atheism and its relation to morals/ethics. Too bad Christopher Hitchens wasn't around to join them though. Always love me some Hitch.

The Summit was quite good as well. It tracks the events in stunning detail about the 11 climbers who died climbing K2 in 2008.

Peaky Blinders, I thought was entertaining, with a great cast that executes there acting with precision. Solid production and cinematography.

House Of Cards killed it for me though. Haven't been that drawn to a show in a long time and Kevin Spacey gives one of his best performances.

Last edited:
Just went through the whole Californication series, which overall I thought was great. The over dramatized transitions and dialog were annoying most of the time. The series started off very strong but kind of tapered off too, I think.

I'm also killing for the new House of Cards. Waiting so long between seasons is like introducing someone to heroin, giving them a month's supply then cutting them off for 5 months. Sadistic bastards. I was reading awhile back about how they tried to gain access to the UN to film, but were denied. They'll get there one day.

Just went through the whole Californication series, which overall I thought was great. The over dramatized transitions and dialog were annoying most of the time. The series started off very strong but kind of tapered off too, I think.

I'm also killing for the new House of Cards. Waiting so long between seasons is like introducing someone to heroin, giving them a month's supply then cutting them off for 5 months. Sadistic bastards. I was reading awhile back about how they tried to gain access to the UN to film, but were denied. They'll get there one day.

I know right? Such a beautifully, twisted crafted show. Haha I wasn't aware of that, but yes they will get there some day.

Yeah, I really enjoyed The Unbelievers. Had a killer soundtrack as well.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, I wasn't expecting much going into Peaky Blinders, but damn it turned out to be a great show. Blew through the 1st season in one day.

I keep seeing it and am curious but haven't checked it out. It may happen later.

Marco Polo? It was okay. I tend to overwatch a show. If I don't take breaks I lose interest. I watched it all in one day. When I paid attention it was good. Lots or naked women.