• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

Ignoring the 14 year age difference. Think of Shaq when he was younger, or Howard when he is much older. I don't know what the Finding Nemo-pink sweater-DH is doing, but "dominating" isn't one of them, not in my book at least. When its all said and done, and both have retired, so everything can be compared, people will see that DH had nothing on Shaq.

I'm 5'10 and white, and I have better post moves than Dwight Howard. ;)

Shaq also got mad experience on his game in college unlike Howard, Howard is only in his fifth season out of high school. I'm not saying one is better than the other, I think that Dwight has a way to go, but to deny that he will probably be the most dominating center in the league someday is ludicrous. Once he develops his post game a little bit more he will be nearly unstoppable if he can consistently hit his sky hook, and free throws.

^You could say that same thing about most any center. "He would be unstoppable if he could consistently hit his sky hook and free throws." ;)

Anyway, I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't think Howard will ever achieve the same success as the good old Shaq.

P.S. GO LAKERS!!! UP 3-1!!!

Last edited:
great game tonight. youve got to give the magic credit for an amazing effort. they are a very tough team but their not quite at the champion playing level that the lakers are right now.

how bout fisher everyone. once again in his career he makes some huge shots. I got flashbacks of that shot he made against the spurs years back.

Good game lakers, they played very hard. I think Kobe got away with a game changing offensive foul when he elbowed jameer nelson in the face and sent him to the floor. I guess if you're Kobe Bryant you dont have to worry about it when you elbow a guy in the face and send him to the floor. God forbid if Dwight Howard would have done that.....

Good game lakers, they played very hard. I think Kobe got away with a game changing offensive foul when he elbowed jameer nelson in the face and sent him to the floor. I guess if you're Kobe Bryant you dont have to worry about it when you elbow a guy in the face and send him to the floor. God forbid if Dwight Howard would have done that.....

Lol!
God watching that game last night.. i was wondering what the refs were thinking..

I agree completely with liquid. Dwight Howard basically gets called for breathing on someone. It's incredibly annoying. However, Lakers just outplayed Magic last night. I think the series is basically done for. :\

Even though Kobe did hit Nelson in the face that wouldn't have mattered if Howard, or even Turkoglu, made their free throws. Don't they teach you that shit in middle school? Unbelievable.

yeah kobe's elbow hit nelson but one could argue nelson ran into it just as much as kobe stuck it out. Its not like Kobe went crazy and decided to wack the guy, nelson played his part to and thats why there wasnt a call. In a regular game nelson would have gotten the call but in the final seconds of the nba finals theyre not going to give that to a guy if he ran into it even a little bit.

as a laker fan would I be mad if the roles were switched and Kobe was the one who caught an elbow? yes, BUT listen up magic fans.

1. regardless of what your stance is, the elbow definetily wasn't hard enough to knock nelson on the floor. this is the nba finals, now is not the time to hope the ref gives you the call, you play through it and you contest the pass. Thats what nelson should have done and thats what Kobe would have done. Thats where the inexperience of the magic comes into play a little bit. the lakers have all been to the finals they know this.

2. there were about 3 fouls on Lakers in overtime that the magic commited that the refs also didnt call. why? because the finals are not about fouls theyre about talent and heart. When its overtime in champioship games fans want to see the players play not the refs. the magic wouldnt have even been in that situation if the lakers didnt outscore them 30-14 in the third quarter. I mean you guys got your calls, all 3 of our bigmen didnt even play most of the first quarter because all three were in foul trouble

3. the very bottom line is fisher still had to make the 25 footer. give the man credit.

when 4 games are played in a row and one team wins 3 out of those 4 they are the better team theres no gettin around that. the magic are great but the lakers are playing like champions.

Last edited:
For anyone who watched game 4 in its entirety and saw how it was officiated, there is no reasonable way to believe the refs should've called an offensive foul on Kobe's elbow. Just look at how ridiculous it got in the 4th and OT...19-2 FT differential in favor of Orlando...unbelievable when you also consider the two for the Lakers were at the end of the game and didn't matter.

Kobe may have went 11-31...but man...at least 5 of those shots were attempts where he was clearly fouled and nothing was called. I guess that's nothing new when it comes to NBA refs, but I always find games Bennett Salvatore is involved in particularly outrageous regarding the calls.

as a Cavs fan, it sure sucks to see the Magic starting to miss these shots that they drained throughout the entirety of the playoffs before. I suppose Orlando just peaked too early and used up all their juice to beat Cleveland.

congrats L. A. the worst thing about this is that Shaq or myself can't diss Kobe anymore for not winning a title without him.

^^^ dont congratulate them yet thats bad karma. you might jinx them before its over.

I think part of the reason the magic have been missing there shots more against LA then when they played the cavs is because LA is just a much bigger team. Its harder to shoot over bigger players. Weve got 7 foot Gasol, 7 foot Bynum, 6'10 Odam, and 6'8 Ariza

also Stan van gundy threw off Alston's rythym a little with the whole Nelson situation.

I think part of the reason the magic have been missing there shots more against LA then when they played the cavs is because LA is just a much bigger team. Its harder to shoot over bigger players. Weve got 7 foot Gasol, 7 foot Bynum, 6'10 Odam, and 6'8 Ariza

also Stan van gundy threw off Alston's rythym a little with the whole Nelson situation.

both statements are very true and good observations.

it's difficult to beat such tall guards when you start two guards who are my height, 6'2".

Congrats to Kobe and Co. A new Kobe Dynasty may just be beginning...

Congrats to Kobe and Co. A new Kobe Dynasty may just be beginning...

yeah it looks like theyre gunna pull this one out unless the magic can pull miracle out of their ass.

for next year if the lakers can manage to sign both Lamar and Ariza, theres a good chance they cany repeat. Odom has already said he would take a pay cut to stay with the lakers to.

:)