• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

wow one post about shaq when lebrons been all over the last 3 pages. all im saying is theres already thread titled kobe vs lebron. we dont need this one dominated up with all the "king james" lovers ... king of what exactly i will never know. King of not making it to the nba finals???

i'll only be this blunt once, then i'll drop it because a.) i'm willing to be the bigger man, and b.) it's not worth arguing.

you're fucking retarded.

that said, LBJ was dominating the last 3 pages because at the time it was relevant as he was both still in the playoffs, then freshly removed. your conversation was about 6 posts of banter back and forth. the point is... i don't care, that conversation is fine, but if you're gonna say my conversation isn't relevant to this years playoffs, then yours is FAR from relevant.

now that we're just arguing semantics, i'll move on. let's be friends, we're both here for the same reasons, right? ;)

For those of you who aren't watching the game, here's the score midway through the third quarter:

Kobe 26
LeBron 0

OK - Gotta go back to fucking my Kobe blow-up doll.

Well how about that...Kobe scores 40 and the Lakers win. Poor Lebron only wishes his team could've done the same.

Well how about that...Kobe scores 40 and the Lakers win. Poor Lebron only wishes his team could've done the same.

Don't worry - last summer he learned from Kobe, at the Olympics, that he needed to rev up his work ethic by a factor of about 100.

Maybe this summer, he'll get Grant Hill to teach him sportsmanship.

LeBron can't yet do the same things as Kobe can do (and that MJ used to be able to do) because LeBron doesn't yet have as broad of an overall basketball PLUS life skill set to be the best player in the NBA.

Without LeBron learning several more important lessons, it is my position that Dwayne Wade is closer to being MJ's (and then Kobe's) heir apparent than is LeBron.

LeBron's got a bigger more imposing body than Wade does, but LeBron doesn't have Wade's leadership skills/clutchness/maturity *or* Kobe's killer-instinct/clutchness/work ethic.

Good luck, Cavs fans - you very likely have exactly ONE more opportunity to win a championship for perhaps the next fifty years.

<-----------

times LL mentioned kobe's name: 3
times LL mentioned lebron's name: 6

if you're trying to hide your boner for lebron by bashing him endlessly, you're not doing a very good job of it. i can see right through your facade like they're sweatpants. i know you're sporting full wood for kobe, but obviously you're gettin hard just thinking of LBJ as well... i mean jesus, that's ALL you talk about.

and you better knock off that lebron/kobe debate because ole what's his name already gave me shit about it. then again, i suppose it's ok to derail threads if you're a lakers fan?

Rashard lewis would kick Lee andersons ass anyday anytime :D

times LL mentioned kobe's name: 3
times LL mentioned lebron's name: 6

if you're trying to hide your boner for lebron by bashing him endlessly, you're not doing a very good job of it. i can see right through your facade like they're sweatpants. i know you're sporting full wood for kobe, but obviously you're gettin hard just thinking of LBJ as well... i mean jesus, that's ALL you talk about.

and you better knock off that lebron/kobe debate because ole what's his name already gave me shit about it. then again, i suppose it's ok to derail threads if you're a lakers fan?

Just wait until LeBron goes to New York...you'll be seeing the biggest LeBron fan ever in LL..."Prove me wrong LeBron...PROVE ME WRONG!"

:D

Just wait until LeBron goes to New York...you'll be seeing the biggest LeBron fan ever in LL..."Prove me wrong LeBron...PROVE ME WRONG!"

:D

Haha!

I swear on the eyesight of my hypothetical children that WHEN LeBron is wearing New York's Orange and Blue, I shall be rooting for him to help win the Knicks a championship.

That said, unless he does a whole lot more than just that, I will try to remain as objective as possible, and I am confident that objectively, I shall still maintain that he's WAY more than one title away from being deserving of being mentioned in the same sentence as MJ or Kobe.

I do hope that I am eventually proven wrong, just as throughout the 90's (particularly in 1994), I hoped that I would be proven wrong about my assertion THEN that Ewing wasn't even in Olajuwon's class.

Unfortunately for me as a lifelong Knicks fan, I wasn't wrong then.

We shall see if I'm proven wrong this time.

With all of that said, so far, as far as scoring guards in the modern era being instrumental in helping their respective teams win games in The Finals, it's:

Jordan 24
Kobe 17
D-Wade 4
LeBron ZERO

Anyone who argues that LeBron is ALREADY better than Kobe should be banned from debating basketball with all of the sane people who don't allow their personal distaste for the "selfish, greedy, immature, ball-hog, quitter, accused-rapist" and who instead open their eyes and recognize that we are currently witnessing history - and who realize that said history would be occurring even if LeBron James was never born.

was at game 2 people. in the section right above the floor seats! what a crazy game. I almost shit my pants when lee went for that layup for the game winner but luckly he missed and the lakers played better in overtime. That game was all odom and gasol. fish made some BIG plays to.

amazing game, one of the best times of my life.

go lakers

i know you're a lakers fan, but you gotta hand it to lee and the magic on that last play. they put forth a valiant effort. a couple people i know said he blew the game by missing a 2 foot lay up, maybe they didn't see the same game i did, but i thought that he did a tremendous job just getting the shot off as cleanly as he did considering he was in a dead sprint, practically past the basket and already in the air when the ball got to him.

either way, it was a good game to watch. either team could have won it.

i've got a spare one laying around that you can borrow. it was given to me as a gift in 07.

^^^^^

Agreed.

I still think the Lakers are a near shoe-in to win the series.

With that said, I sincerely applaud the Magic.

They played a GREAT game tonight, a won fair and square - they were (slightly) the better team tonight.

Bravo.

Fun series. :)

But for by love of Kobe, and my desire for him to win one for his legacy, I would probably be rooting for the Magic - they're a fun-to-watch excellent, likable, well-coached team. :)

i know you're a lakers fan, but you gotta hand it to lee and the magic on that last play. they put forth a valiant effort. a couple people i know said he blew the game by missing a 2 foot lay up, maybe they didn't see the same game i did, but i thought that he did a tremendous job just getting the shot off as cleanly as he did considering he was in a dead sprint, practically past the basket and already in the air when the ball got to him.

either way, it was a good game to watch. either team could have won it.

definetily gotta give the magic credit, they played a great game and things just didnt go their way that game. tonight they also played a great game but the difference was they closed it out. It looks like this is going to be a tougher series then us laker fans thought.

I still think the lakers will win it all but it will be no easy task. it may even go 7