• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The NBA Lockout Is Over!

Bluelight Crew
QeSdw.jpg

actually, as a LBJ-hater I was looking forward to no NBA season. it's one more year where LeBron won't win the Championship :D

apparently we're looking at a 66 game season, with a triple header on X-Mas Day

So who do you predict will come out all guns blazing and who do you think will hit the court fat, bloated and utterly surprised they were supposed to train during the lock out?

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Celtics Nation

That is all

Peace haters.

The Heat must win this season.

Week long heroin/oxy binges FTL!

Seriously, I don't need any more disappointment in my life. Sports are my last hope right now, they better work out.

i bleed boston, they've been keeping me (mostly) happy for a decade.

No one is going to take this season seriously. There will always be a huge asterisk attached to the championship.

no, a 66 game season is a joke, I'm just happy to see the Cs play as this team for the last time. our '12 season is not looking pretty thus far, so I'm really banking on this short season mostly showcasing what a great team we have ;D

It's both disappointing and appeasing. It's gunna feel like all winter is March Madness now

Do you know if the 66 games includes the playoff series? Or is this now "regular season"? I know a lot has not been finalized, technically.

^ well Chainer I don't know for sure, but I am safely assuming that those 66 games are exclusively for the regular season

and btw welcome to S+G, Chainer. it's also good to see Johnny_Blue drop by for a hot minute...

but it's not like this place needs anymore Boston hoops fans. damn. when I lived in Boston it was the hey-day of the LBJ + Cleveland Cavs era and I got/talked so much shit to Cs fans in hopes of my team beating that clearly superior team of yours. it never quite happened obviously, but it was tons of fun nonetheless (I used to live a block away from Fenway Park if that puts it into perspective for ya'll both ;))

I'm a firm believer in that the only places where leagues like the NBA and NHL and MLB suffer via furnishing too many games

in the NBA's case, I'd say it's about 20 games short of becoming peak interest

I don't quite understand what happened with the Hornets being blocked from trading CP3. I think they were getting great value for him. They would've come out of it with Odom, Scola, Davis and a 1st round pick! Why block that?

^ Cause the heat are the only ones allowed to make a dream team?

looks like the NBA refused to allow CP3 to the Lakers in another monster trade attempted by LA

it's such bullshit, but it is seriously making me LOL hard

is anyone going to start an NBA season thread, or do I have to do it? I was going to save the honors for some of you more die-hard hoops fans...