• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The mushroom spoke to me.

I don't think that argument can be solved through anecdotes, or even through rigorous study.

Some of you may have heard about studies that have been run where physical stimulation of a particular brain region reliably induced feelings of 'being in the presence of god'. To those less mystically-inclined, this was borne as proof that spiritual experiences are bunk. Of course the other side simply came back and claimed that this stimulation merely 'opened the channel' required for communication with god.

Point is, no matter which side of the fence you're on, you're probably always going to have somewhere to hide.

Even as a staunch materialist, I have to admit I have no way of disproving that some communication actually happens. It may be occurring through a medium we simply have no other was of recognizing than through these experiences. That said, I find it very hard to believe, given that that we have not found another way of accessing this channel. It seems to me any communication needs a medium through which to propagate itself, and I don't see any reason why this could only be recognized by a living thing in a particular state. I'd expect we'd have technology to analyze it at this point.

Seems to ultimately break down to the mind-body problem, which itself has devolved to an argument between materialism and epiphenomenalism. Dualism is right out.8(

Feeling you've got something to prove (whether to yourself, a bunch of frat bros or the shroom avatar of Terrence McKenna) is probably one of the worst reasons to take a high dose of any drug.

At times psychonautics will almost devolve into a sort of dicksizing contest on who can handle the most heroic of doses... IMO you're showing more respect to these amazing substances if you remember that something can always go wrong, and approach dosing with a certain degree of humility - that includes acknowledging that any statements by supernatural entities may very likely have been your own mind talking to itself. While drug-fueled "epiphanies" can provide valuable inspiration once rationally analyzed and processed, and the psychedelic experience in general can have amazing therapeutic potential, you're not making a good case for them if you end up being one of the people who suffer from months of derealization and depersonalization following a bad trip that got out of hand.

Going from 2-2.4 to a whopping 5 grams is a pretty hefty increase. At 2.4 grams the headspace should still be manageable enough for you to follow a barely coherent train of thought. At 5 grams, it's thought-loop-alooza. I second PsychaStevic's suggestion of preferably trying ~3g for your next time, then ~4 after that, and only then attempting the full 5 grams.

Nothing to comment. Just appreciating this great posting!

Yeah I'm not sure why people see meth induced hallucinations as psychosis but entities talking to them while on psychedelics are real.

“This is a general comment that you should take a committed dose of whatever it is you’re taking so that there is no ambiguity, because there’s nothing worse than a sub-threshold psychotic episode. You don't take some namby-pamby, piddling, toe-in-the-water, testing-it-out, pussy-wussy, girly-whirly, namby-pamby, proud-to-be-a-cuck, can-I-play,daddy?, I-really-like-saying-namby-pamby, un-American-libtard kind of dose. 5 grams of meth, hot-railed in silent darkness. That is what I call a committed dose, because it will get you committed to the nearest psych ward for sure."
- Terrence MethKenna