Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The mushroom spoke to me.

Ubertronicc

Greenlighter
Hi all,
New to this site and not sure how it all works!

So 2 days ago me and my close friend headed up to wales on the train to go mushroom picking, to our surprise we actually found loads of liberty caps.

We decided that we would go on an 8 hour walk, it was the morning and I hadn’t had anything for breakfast and we took about 20 libs each ( a low dose ) we were sitting in the field and we sparked up two joints, after smoking them my friend who had breakfast threw up but I didn’t even know becuase I had just shut eyes and lay back. With closed eyes I vividly saw a mushroom with patterns all around it and I heard this strong voice “take more and I’ll show you” and then the mushroom faded away. This gave me chills and left me with many many many questions.

I am I huge fan and listener to Terrance McKenna and I think what the mushroom (or my mind) was telling me was the do the 5g of dried liberty caps in silent darkness on an empty stomach like Terrance so often preaches.

What I would like to know is if it was just my mind that came up with that?

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience with the mushroom and if anyone experienced with high dose closed eyes visuals and could give me some advice.

The only thing holding me back is my age, as I don’t want anything to happen that will effect me long term in a bad way!

Thanks for reading my essay of sorts my friends.
Will think on any advise I am given!

Any dose can show you things, whether you decide to do the 5G dose is completely up to you, just be ready for it, set and setting, maybe a benzo, all that jazz. As for the high dose cev's, with shrooms I get them on anything above 4g's. I have had some real thought provoking and questionable visions come to mind on elevated doses, but I assure you it's not 'calling' you to do this. What the highest dose you've done so far if you don't mind me asking?

*We Die To Remember What We Live To Forget*

the other day my dearest
a mushroom talked to me
and though no words were spoken
what it said has set me free
what the mushroom has told me
is that we are the universe
dividing our consciousness
to experience ourselves

[chorus]
i shall not hear the shadows
i shall not feel the rain;
i shall not hear the nigthingale
sing on, as if in pain
and dreaming through this twilight
that does not rise nor set,
haply i may remember
and haply i may forget

so when i´m dead my dearest
sing no sad songs for me
plant thou no roses at my head
nor shady cypress tree
be the green grass above me
with showers and dewdrops wet
and if thou wilt, remember
and if thou wilt, forget

[chorus]
i shall no fear the darkness
i shall not feel the pain
i shall not let the greediness
turn me into a slave
travelling through this tough life
i learned to accept my fate
when to die is to remember
what we forget at birth

Thanks for the reply, highest pycadelic dose was 260lg acid blotter, hugest mushroom dose was 2.4g

“take more and I’ll show you”

I think it's important to remember that take more does not neccesarily = take a heroic dose right off the bat. You need to consider the mushroom as a potential ally who will not suffer foolds gladly. IMO taking 5 grams on your second(?) mushroom trip would be foolish (no offence intended). It's also worth remembering that libs are significantly more potent than cubensis, so 5 grams would actually be a higher dose than Terrence intended.

Respect, read, learn and build a steady raport with the experience. There is no rush. I'm certain this is the best course, and any intention from the mushroom would mean this.

The 5g dose, albiet intense at some points, is manageable especially if you have psychedelic experience. I'd suggest working up to that dose though, maybe 3, then 4, to the 5. It'd most likely be alot less hectic when you get there than just diving head first into unknown territory.

"take more and I'll show you" definitely doesn't mean take 5gs next time. It sounds like it was a message to take more in that moment, and then you would have been shown. How that then translates to another moment, I'm not sure. Although, OP, you are the experiencer, did it feel like it meant in the moment, next time, or either or? You're the expert here since it was your message.

I have done 4 mushroom trips in the past all about the 2-2.4 range

I know it sounds weird but the way it spoke to me it felt like it was a challenge to see if I was capable of carrying out the statement it made ... it also felt as if it was for my next mushroom experience.

I don’t know why but I feel ready just to give my self completely and see what happens with no resistance.

I am growing my own mushrooms with a inside grow kit, that will take a few months and I will prepare in that time.

Last edited:
I know it sounds weird but the way it spoke to me it felt like it was a challenge to see if I was capable of carrying out the statement it made ... it also felt as if it was for my next mushroom experience.

Feeling you've got something to prove (whether to yourself, a bunch of frat bros or the shroom avatar of Terrence McKenna) is probably one of the worst reasons to take a high dose of any drug.

At times psychonautics will almost devolve into a sort of dicksizing contest on who can handle the most heroic of doses... IMO you're showing more respect to these amazing substances if you remember that something can always go wrong, and approach dosing with a certain degree of humility - that includes acknowledging that any statements by supernatural entities may very likely have been your own mind talking to itself. While drug-fueled "epiphanies" can provide valuable inspiration once rationally analyzed and processed, and the psychedelic experience in general can have amazing therapeutic potential, you're not making a good case for them if you end up being one of the people who suffer from months of derealization and depersonalization following a bad trip that got out of hand.

Going from 2-2.4 to a whopping 5 grams is a pretty hefty increase. At 2.4 grams the headspace should still be manageable enough for you to follow a barely coherent train of thought. At 5 grams, it's thought-loop-alooza. I second PsychaStevic's suggestion of preferably trying ~3g for your next time, then ~4 after that, and only then attempting the full 5 grams.

Last edited:
The challenge was made up by your own mind. Like others have said it sounds like you are just trying to prove something or emulate someone else and that would be an awful grounds for a shroom trip.

Work your way up to that dose and don't keep increasing doses of you feel you aren't ready. If you try to force a psychedelic epiphany by dosing high you'll likely just shred your ego and come out of it traumatized.

The words Uber used were that the mushroom challenged him. The both of you above have just made assumptions and imposed your own ideas of it being a "false" "challenge" upon his experience.

We can't know whether it's truly something his psyche/the mushroom wants to happen, or whether it's an externally sourced internalization without him saying so.

This reminds me of a DMT trip from earlier this year that totally rocked my world. Besides the fact reality is actually constructed entirely from interlocking gearwheels and cogs, I was instructed by the insectile overlords to "Tell everyone about this". I got the feeling that I was meant to evangelise, even maybe start a tax deductible religion or something. Of course, this emerged from my immense excitement at the unfolding trip, I have smoked DMT numerous times and never felt compelled to turn the whole world onto it.

I think its a misconception to believe psychedelic plants actually communicate with one once ingested. I mean, indigenous tribes believed that ayahuasca-spirit communicated with them, but we have come to understand that what is really happening is the binding of molecules to receptors which impede/modify the flow of electricity through your brain. Or, at least, it seems the spirit element is actually the molecule and not some autonomous entity that is somehow transplanted into ones mind after eating/digesting it. Of course, semantics. But it irritates me when westerners appropriate certain cultural beliefs and render them senseless as the plant spirit hypothesis has become.

Yeah I'm not sure why people see meth induced hallucinations as psychosis but entities talking to them while on psychedelics are real.

I think its a misconception to believe psychedelic plants actually communicate with one once ingested. I mean, indigenous tribes believed that ayahuasca-spirit communicated with them, but we have come to understand that what is really happening is the binding of molecules to receptors which impede/modify the flow of electricity through your brain. Or, at least, it seems the spirit element is actually the molecule and not some autonomous entity that is somehow transplanted into ones mind after eating/digesting it. Of course, semantics. But it irritates me when westerners appropriate certain cultural beliefs and render them senseless as the plant spirit hypothesis has become.

This knowledge in no way proves that we aren't communicating with other entities or sources of consciousness. It's simply a mechanical knowing, that for all we know could be all the modulation the transceiver we call the brain needs to open up to other worlds of perception.

^ That's all fine and good but you need positive proof that you are communicating with other entities besides your personal experience.

I'm not saying it's impossible that people are communicating with other entities but it seems people only have personal experience to back up their claim and one persons experience can't be proof for someone else.

I don't need any proof, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything here. However, if you desire evidence, you can look at the past 12,000 years of spiritual traditions and the remarkably similar writings from civilizations that had no contact with each other, as well as the many cases where information has been obtained through "paranormal" means that otherwise would not have been accessible. It's undeniable if you're willing to look deep enough or experience it yourself. That's a choice you must make yourself, however.

^I'm curious about the "many cases" of information obtained through paranormal means...