View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The most meaningful experiences of your life

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Out of the top 10 most meaningful/life-affirming experiences of your life how many would you say were psychedelic trips? I'd say about ten myself but I've led a sheltered life - maybe you think having kids or meeting the girlfriend was more important.

Write your opinion on a Beatle wig and send it to someone who gives a damn. Thank you.

probably 8-10 aswell and i have lived a bit of life.

1. the first trip I ever had, 3 tabs of 110 ug acid from europe. Died was reborn went through a infinity fractal tunnel and went to the fifth dimesion were i met a blue bird that told me that time, space and the universe and life is just a game, that we are all one consciouness playing this game of life forever, we are infinite, i saw the light of the divine, I was not a believer in any god before this or extra dimesions. I saw the big bang happen, i experinced infinity, woke up with my room destoryed, Took me years to understand wtf had happened, took me a year to even try acid again lol, shit blew my mind wide open.

I was about to kill myself in college at 19, LSD had been on my bucket list since i was 12. Then it came into my hands after a long time of searching. I promptly took all the tabs, instead of 1. Because I was so over life, i did not give a fuck what happened, I wanted to find answers to life. It changed me forever, and destoryed all my beliefs. And lead to a long journey of unpacking 13 years of abuse, bullying and trauma. without LSD I would be dead. This molecule is fucking magic and holy.

2. 250 ug trip during covid lockdown, world froze and i left the simulation and this universe totally and saw infinity of love and peace, the ultimate realm. Never made it back to that realm ever again. That was most beatiful place I have ever been to, and it felt at the time every moment in my life lead to that moment to discover the truth and secerts of existence.

all others are on various trips on diff stuff, all saved my soul.

for sober living, would be finding true love, somebody that cares about me. finding a great friend group were we lived life to the max. i look back on those times fondly

as i learnt how to navigate and go deeper into the acid, I learnt many things about myself, and how i fit into the world.

one day i hope this molecule will be legalized.

as you get older the trips only get better.

300 ug of 99.9% LSD is the magic dose to transcend fully as nick sands stated. perfect dose for transcending your day to day life and experincing something magical.

I think meaning comes from repetition and context (meaningfulness is context related) So each time I enjoy psychedelics they become more meaningful, especially while browsing these boards, and less meaningful as I browse the news or drive or do grocery shopping.

I was in hell today. Something around 400ug with too much weed. I hadn't eaten enough. The nausea was so bad I thought I was dying. This caused a panic attack loop so it was like:

horrifiying nausea -> panic attack -> deal with panic attack -> can't vomit horrible nausea -> panic attack -> deal with panic attack -> nausea can't kill you can it? -> panic attack -> at least the floor in this bathroom is heated -> if I drink all The water I can vomit? -> haha no. -> panic attack -> I'm not calling for a ambulance for a fucking panic attack -> I will vomit if I stuff my hand in to my throat-> fuck you -> panic attack. -> nausea so bad I wanted to die etc...

AFAIK that was my life for an hour today.

Rest of the trip has been better. That was about 9h ago. I think this might be very useful in the longterm.

Last edited:
My most meaningful and life affirming experiences have paradoxically arisen due to my most traumatic and suffering experiences. Up until age 30 I would say psychedelics were my most profound experiences. Now when I do psychedelics I see right through them and it feels generic, uninteresting and unnecessary.

I guess once you see the truth of things, there's no way to add or substract from it. It just is.

That said, one or two psychedelic experiences really stand out and I don't think it'd be possible to ever top those because it wasn't the psychedelics that made it happen, it was a confluence of many happenstance factors.

On the rare time I do psychedelics these days, it's purely for entertainment value and not for some grand insight. It's no different than turning on a TV. I watch the show, muse at the wonder, then it wears off. The days of seeking grand epiphanies from substances are over for me. Plus, for whatever reason, I have become so psychically sensitive with age that the everyday world is already enough to process.

If we only count positive experiences, I can think of 4. If I include negative experiences, it might be 6, but some positives might be cut off. One of the negative experiences wasn't really due to the drug itself, but it probably made it worse. (The other one was transient psychosis after a high dose of methallylescaline.)

But while I learned some good things from psychedelics, I also eventually realized that there were some things I probably couldn't learn from psychedelics. Most importantly, how to cope with the day-to-day, cool grey, same-place-same-time, endless grind we call "work". I think I wasted probably a year of my life hoping that psychedelics would spark some realization that made it easier to focus on boring stuff, but that ain't the way.

There were also a few things that I had to learn a few times, like in developing relationships as a young adult, it caught me off guard that someone else would care very much what I thought of them. LSD definitely helped here, but it still took some practice.

i am thankful that a lot of things that i consider signs from god or whatever you want to call it have happened to me when i was sober and also with other people.

for the sake of discussion or what i say to appear to be more sane and not totally delusional, i feel like even though i was sober, i feel like i could still be insane anyways with out drugs and dreaming up things in reality and then just thinking coincidence has more meaning when it does when it occurs, but get me in a certain state esspecially with psychedelics i will have full faith that there is something going on with coincidence and birds ot any animals or people really linking up with some people's (at least my own) consciousness. some times i feel like it's such a relief that i do know that i totally break down crying in bliss. doesn't happen to me as often now days, but if i hear the right song and get the right memory i feel like god is with me. but sometimes i play it like nietzsche and doubt my own sanity with the universe or beliefs.

My most meaningful and life affirming experiences have paradoxically arisen due to my most traumatic and suffering experiences. Up until age 30 I would say psychedelics were my most profound experiences. Now when I do psychedelics I see right through them and it feels generic, uninteresting and unnecessary.

I guess once you see the truth of things, there's no way to add or substract from it. It just is.

That said, one or two psychedelic experiences really stand out and I don't think it'd be possible to ever top those because it wasn't the psychedelics that made it happen, it was a confluence of many happenstance factors.

On the rare time I do psychedelics these days, it's purely for entertainment value and not for some grand insight. It's no different than turning on a TV. I watch the show, muse at the wonder, then it wears off. The days of seeking grand epiphanies from substances are over for me. Plus, for whatever reason, I have become so psychically sensitive with age that the everyday world is already enough to process.

Can the psychedelic world ever be as dull as going to work and everyday life?

My 2nd acid experience was spent exploring nature.. I distinctly remember watching the trees, mountains, sky, and clouds melting and just sobbing my eyes out. It taught me that nature is with us always and it needs to be appreciated more.
Its hard (and still is) to apply this to general life and to put hope into it but it has helped me a lot in life.

as a n example of panic nausea tension looping?
been there.
More about how many ways there are to talk myself out of a panic attack.

Just wish I could figure out If the nausea is caused by my inner ear problems or what.

Now I can only remember that it was horrible... The details are disappearing. Now it feels like some sort of a catharsis.

More about how many ways there are to talk myself out of a panic attack.

Just wish I could figure out If the nausea is caused by my inner ear problems or what.

Now I can only remember that it was horrible... The details are disappearing. Now it feels like some sort of a catharsis.
The most important part of this you and many others refuse to come back too is the very basic and very human need for food. The profound and revealing nature of most psychedelics is to strip away and show us our core, outside of our ego. Why in the face of this generous and revealing chemical do you have such high expectations of what it will do for you when you give it such a poor environment to operate in?

Thanks for the heads up, never heard of the stuff. Genuinely, I have to ask which one it is? You don't remember or it wasn't enough or you did eat? This will be my first time hearing about L's pre-trip memory loss. Must be like having to take a shit before getting coke, hmmm. Should I have a glass of water or 3 to prepare myself or the very least remember what I had for fucking dinner?

Thanks for the heads up, never heard of the stuff. Genuinely, I have to ask which one it is? You don't remember or it wasn't enough or you did eat? This will be my first time hearing about L's pre-trip memory loss. Must be like having to take a shit before getting coke, hmmm. Should I have a glass of water or 3 to prepare myself or the very least remember what I had for fucking dinner?

No need to be condescending… And you likely knew what he meant. Everyone has a different relationship with food, I know people that will literally forget to eat if someone doesn’t remind them.

With a head full of LSD it’s very realistic someone can’t remember exactly what they ate before dosing..

I personally can eat even deep in a trip so I don’t seem to run into this problem. Mescaline and food is divine btw.

-GC

Can the psychedelic world ever be as dull as going to work and everyday life?

Hmmm...

It's not about what's more dull. It's about what is real. I don't find psychedelic experiences any more or less truthful than so-called everyday life.

Great for a fun time though, if I don't mind the hangover.

Hmmm...

It's not about what's more dull. It's about what is real. I don't find psychedelic experiences any more or less truthful than so-called everyday life.

Great for a fun time though, if I don't mind the hangover.

They've got to be more fun surely - psychedelic euphoria beats sitting wrapping sandwiches or whatever any crap job entails.

They've got to be more fun surely - psychedelic euphoria beats sitting wrapping sandwiches or whatever any crap job entails.

I'm a non-dualist so there is no real distinction between them, at the level of the essence of reality.