The Modfag Game AKA BlueLight 101 with Professor TLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolling is an art. Being a Mod Faggot is an art. Being a Post Whore is an art. I know these things.

Trolling is an art. Being a Mod Faggot is an art. Being a Post Whore is an art. I know these things.

Throw in the towel already, man! TLB has poured buckets of serious business in your cup of chaos. It stands no chance. Run and make another thread! Quickly. before THB decides to get serious business again. He has over 9000 50 gallon drums filled with that shit.

cgwat.jpg

So, you mean we're all just sensitive artists under this tough, sarcastic, internet personaz?

What about random lulz, I'm good at that. Wat I suppose is the precise definition.

If you look up bluelight.ru on google there are heaps of other sites that come up which are about the site owners and domain names and ip adresses and whatnot.

I find this disturbing. This is because I am paranoid and know jack shit about technology. So with those two awesome powers combined my brain is thinking the domain owners can be found and get in deep shit.

amirong???

this is a link but my link button forbids me linking anything and i dunno what the [thingie] is

http://www.robtex.com/dns/bluelight.ru.html

What is there to be so paranoid about? All your link really shows is the provider that hosts bluelight, and the domain registrant (dreamhost). It's just a DNS lookup. All of this information is completely public knowledge for any internet site, it has to be so the internet can work the way it does otherwise your browser wouldn't know where to go when you typed in bluelight.ru. Bluelight has a public IP address on the internet. We aren't trying to hide. We even allow guests to view the board.

The owners aren't doing anything illegal, unless running a harm reduction site is illegal. Some of the members are doing shady things off the board, but it seems law enforcement would rather pursue these members instead of trying to go after the owners of the site. It seems that LE is using BL as a research tool.

Bravo, TLB. My first reaction was to say that your mega post was in poor form for the lounge, and that you were playing into the hands of a troll. But as your posts made clear, if the lounge and its 'etiquette' (I use that word VERY loosely) wouldn't even be here without your work, there's really nothing any lounge star can say to trump that. If I built a house with my own two hands, and rented it at sub-market-value to a low-income tenant out of the goodness of my heart, would that tenant be in any position to make fun of my plumber's crack when I came over to fix his toilet?

Would any brick-and-mortar nonprofit or volunteer organization (even one with a social component, such as the YMCA or a volunteer fire hall) put up with a staff member who prioritized his abrasive comedic shtick over being a team player? I doubt it.

ITT: GM pokes a sleeping dragon, and the dragon awakens and scorches him.

TLB's posts are as wordy than a Victor Hugo novel, yet, far more readable. ;) <3

I agree that TLB writes clearly and concisely. He's definitely made a good effort to disclose any "secrets" the senior staff and admins might have had that was relevant to this discussion.

I personally don't see myself as better than anyone else because I am a "senior moderator." I don't feel like I'm part of a clique at all. I don't think there is one. There are different groups of friends here as there probably is on any internet forum, but the administration isn't all one big tight knit clique. We actually have differences in opinion and try our hardest to handle matters professionally. The way you earn respect from your peers and superiors around here is to do your job well. That's how it's been in my experience at least.

I'm quick to admit that sometimes I am humbled by knowledgeable bluelighters in OD because it's impossible to know everything. I'm here to learn too. We try to praise and thank everyone who contributes. We even have threads about it in the mod forums as TLB disclosed. A lot of accusations and assumptions are being made that just aren't true. I guess it's good that this discussion is happening if a significant amount of members think that this place is run by elitists with no regard for the members or regular mods.

This thread is too serious for my tastes. We need a complaints and grievances forum.

LOLi'm a player piano.

See? Doesn't fit.

But I agree and thank you mods, I think your services are indeed outweighed by the beloved, because their not so quick to be judgmental fucking pricks (when it certainly isn't necessary in a public fashion).

Anyway, lolimthepervadingessenceofallebingslol

lol i was named after a hair dryer. lol. see? DOESNT FIT WITH CONVENTIONAL SERIOUS DELIBERATION AND DEBATE.

But still...

LOL

our favorite sufferer of ocular dichromatia said:
Another CEP Jew

Actually, I'm tragically WASPy, although I have a Jewish name...if you pronounce one of the "n"s silently.

with unwarranted self importance

Please, confuse not high diction with arrogance, self-importance, or pretense. Please do 'recognize' how I 'roll' up in 'here'.

and ties to the communist party.

I am actually firmly to the left of the communist party, at least in the US.

Contributes nothing but political drivel

Actually, I provide multiple types of drivel.

that further fuels the troll furnace that is that forum.

As far as I can tell, the CEP "troll furnace" is some type of perpetual motion machine. For the slower members of the bluelight gang (perhaps my current interlocutor ;)), this entails that no fuel be needed.

ebola
np: download "zonk lift"

Actually, I'm tragically WASPy, although I have a Jewish name...if you pronounce one of the "n"s silently.

Please, confuse not high diction with arrogance, self-importance, or pretense. Please do 'recognize' how I 'roll' up in 'here'.

I am actually firmly to the left of the communist party, at least in the US.

Actually, I provide multiple types of drivel.

As far as I can tell, the CEP "troll furnace" is some type of perpetual motion machine. For the slower members of the bluelight gang (perhaps my current interlocutor ;)), this entails that no fuel be needed.

ebola
np: download "zonk lift"

Wow, I can't believe you wrote all of that bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.