• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel The MEGA Travel Thread!

Yes, El Calafate!! Amazing..
We did the boat trip expecting some of those glacier's to fall.
Still, pretty surreal to me :)

Last edited:
nice!

some pics from my trip, december 2013:

me in the park, halfway up the valley frances:

ali22.jpg

mt. fitzroy:

fitzroy01.jpg

glacier grey:

glaciergrey01.jpg

perito moreno glacier:

peritomoreno01.jpg

las torres:

torres01.jpg

one word: awesome.

alasdair

Beautiful. I was there in October 2013. Still snowy in Ushuaia.
El Calafate was indeed awesome!

Holy crap alasdair.. those photo's are phenomenal. I love icy landscapes.. i think i know where i'll be going when i eventually head over to South America.

Would like to go to South Africa to see if Mandrax is really like the old Qualudes.

if anyone is still around, i'm going back to nepal in september for some more trekking. nepal needs the tourism now more than ever. i'm starting a new job next year so not sure when i will be able to visit next.

here's some videos from my 2013 trip

i can be your guide :) but after this September, it will be a few years, perhaps even several, before i can go again.

btw, a couple of hours after your post, another earthquake struck the everest region. :(

let me know if either of you want advice or tips on preparing and what to expect. i'm happy to make it as easy and safe as possible.

Me too.

I feel like it's one of those places i need to visit, 2017 will be the year for me i think.

I always feel like our paths are going to cross randomly while we're out wandering. Wouldn't that be a trip! We would have no idea unless BL came up in conversation.

@L2R--thanks, I will definitely hit you up if it ever looks like a possibility. I always say I'm going somewhere else but when I actually can go somewhere I end up picking a Spanish speaking country. Uruguay and Argentine will be next I think.

I always feel like our paths are going to cross randomly while we're out wandering. Wouldn't that be a trip! We would have no idea unless BL came up in conversation.

Haha, i often wonder if that's happened already with some people i've met.

I think this is one redeeming quality of social media.. one of the greatest benefits i found when travelling around is finding out you have mutual friends with the person you just met, it always feels like one of those 'A-ha!' moments.

@L2R: Thanks i'll be sure to check in with you when planning, i'll be seeking out as many people i know who've been to Nepal for some information and advice.

Anyone in the tampa bay, florida area? Im in clearwater currently. I used to hike in the adirondacks nys, and am curious to see what is immedieataly available nearby for hiking exploring.
Thanks

bumping this thread~

headed to Berlin and Milan this summer. i'm trying to be a little more organized than we were last year in france, mainly because we're going to two different countries on this trip and it's much longer. i say this and we just decided to go this weekend and bought our tickets a few days ago.

main thing is that i have a shitty debit card that does not have the chip & pin that everyone swears is required to use in europe. i waver between the danger of carrying cash and the insane fees that come with using debit cards internationally. any suggestions? we're staying at a friend's studio in Milan, so things are a bit different than staying at an airbnb or hostel in berlin. (aka not worrying about strangers stealing tons of cash) my bank says this isn't a problem but you know.....i didn't even alert my bank last year that i was headed to paris and bought a lad mag in the charles de gaulle airport with no problem.

ANYWAY yay traveling.

i'm really excited to see the bauhaus museum in berlin and to see this MONSTER in milan.

milan-italy-1.png

if everything goes according to our shaky plans we'll get a day trip to verona to drink some baller valpolicella and venice to watch it slowly sink underwater.

where y'all going this year?