Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Matrix: Resurrections,, neo,,,,,or uɥoɾ ʞɔıʍ...?

Ds

Bluelight Crew
NSFW:

NSFW:
The
Matrix
Resurrections​

The Matrix Resurrections
NSFW:
Resurrections

NEO!!!!
E5gN1eK.gif

n⑁oᒐ
kciW

poll to be added soon.

NSFW:
COMING 12/22/21

discus,

Almost took you for a Russian spelling that upside down.

I want to see it but like many things I want to do and see life mostly beats me up I will be lucky if I catch it

• Haha
Reactions: Ds
I'm actually not that excited from the trailer. Idk 😐

I hope it has substance and isn't just a fan service money grab

I'm actually not that excited from the trailer. Idk 😐

I hope it has substance and isn't just a fan service money grab
I'm sure it will be just as amazing as the new Star Wars movies....

It does seem like a cash grab from the first impression, but maybe they'll surprise us. The first movie was an absolute bomb, so chances are that somewhere along the road they're going to make another good movie of the Matrix.

I'll defo watch it and base my opinion on that, but I'm not spending money until I know it's good.

I'm sure it will be just as amazing as the new Star Wars movies....

It does seem like a cash grab from the first impression, but maybe they'll surprise us. The first movie was an absolute bomb, so chances are that somewhere along the road they're going to make another good movie of the Matrix.

I'll defo watch it and base my opinion on that, but I'm not spending money until I know it's good.
I'll be able to watch it on HBO Max for free (technically,since I guessed ex,ex, flatmates hbo max login credentials).
So there should be decent qualities of the film out earlier than if it were to be played strictly at a movie theater.

I only enjoyed the first film... 2nd was okay-ish, third I've never even finished... and I own all three on DVD lol.

It doesn't help that Lawrence Fishburn was replaced. WTF is up with that?

I only enjoyed the first film... 2nd was okay-ish, third I've never even finished... and I own all three on DVD lol.
The order goes Matrix, Reloaded, Animatrix, Revolutions, and now Resurrections. If you aren't going to watch all four previous films to completion and in that order, I wouldn't bother watching Resurrections :(
It doesn't help that Lawrence Fishburn was replaced. WTF is up with that?
In addition to the four previous Matrix movie installments, there were some online games released that have long been discontinued. I never had a chance to play the games, but Morpheus was killed off in one of them.

Once you've watched all four previous films, it wouldn't hurt to check out the following page. It's full of spoilers, which is why I say to view this page afterwards:

No spoilers here: FYI, I got to watch Resurrections in a theater this afternoon.

As already stated, it really helps to be schooled on the first four movies before attempting to understand all of what is going on in Resurrections, otherwise it will just seem like cinematic gobbledeegook. I will have to watch it again with subtitles to pick up on some of the verbal nuances I didn't catch but I don't have HBOmax, so will likely have to wait until DVD time.

IMO the Matrix films should be enjoyed as a whole, not as individual movies. If you're one of the weirdos who says, "I only liked the first one" then you just don't/won't get it. I wouldn't even bother with this one because you will likely just come in here and piss on everyone else's parade who are actual fans of the entire franchise. Sorry, not sorry.

:butt2::whip:

Last edited:
Yooooo, it was fucking great!!! I have only seen parts of animatrix, and that was years and years and years ago. I really loved resurrections, great script, great concept, everything. I recently watched the OG trilogy, and imo, aside from the original, Resurrections was the best.

I still want to go back and watch animatrix though, just to flesh out the concept.

The order goes Matrix, Reloaded, Animatrix, Revolutions, and now Resurrections. If you aren't going to watch all four previous films to completion and in that order, I wouldn't bother watching Resurrections :(

In addition to the four previous Matrix movie installments, there were some online games released that have long been discontinued. I never had a chance to play the games, but Morpheus was killed off in one of them.

Once you've watched all four previous films, it wouldn't hurt to check out the following page. It's full of spoilers, which is why I say to view this page afterwards:

No spoilers here: FYI, I got to watch Resurrections in a theater this afternoon.

As already stated, it really helps to be schooled on the first four movies before attempting to understand all of what is going on in Resurrections, otherwise it will just seem like cinematic gobbledeegook. I will have to watch it again with subtitles to pick up on some of the verbal nuances I didn't catch but I don't have HBOmax, so will likely have to wait until DVD time.

IMO the Matrix films should be enjoyed as a whole, not as individual movies. If you're one of the weirdos who says, "I only liked the first one" then you just don't/won't get it. I wouldn't even bother with this one because you will likely just come in here and piss on everyone else's parade who are actual fans of the entire franchise. Sorry, not sorry.

:butt2::whip:
So I was mega butthurt by this and my initial reaction was like, "Well fuck you too, you geriatric!" But I decided to sit on it and be an adult and watched literally all the Matrix films the past week.

And I still think you're wrong, I think the first film stands alone well, didn't need sequels, and just in general was a unique and genre affecting film that set it apart from the follow-ups.

Fact of the matter is Reloaded and Revolutions were crap, and Resurrections was decent for what it was, but only when you frame it against the backdrop of the overarching Matrix universe. I did enjoy every movie, including The Animatrix. I'll probably buy the 4th on Bluray when it comes out, and I already have the other three on dvd. And I'll probably watch them all over again in the future. But I'll still watch the first film as a standalone several times more than I'll watch the whole quadrilogy in life.

I'll give this conciliation though, the four Matrix films reminded me a lot of their predecessor "who asked for this?' quadrilogy, the Alien universe. And I'm one of those Resurrection apologists who greatly enjoyed Jean-Pierre Jeunet's mess of a reboot. So maybe, maybe I just don't like the Matrix universe; what I always enjoyed about the first film was the fact that most of it still took place in the matrix, and it seemed like more of a breakthrough film in so many ways, and the sequels all dealt with the 'real world' much more which I honestly found boring.

So I still think the original film is the only important and must-see of the bunch, but I guess that's because I'm less invested in the Matrix universe, it just never tickled my sci-fi bone well.

I actually just started watching these (TM & JW) about 3... 4 years ago. I like them but Keanu is another player that always seems like the same character; even in his older not connected to these roles it's the same.
Lots of actors and actresses are like this but it seems males may have a narrower scope when trying on another "personality". Just an observation that means bullocks. ;)
Pretty good shows, though.
Resurrections had some cool SFX and the weapons were coveted. lol I'd give it a solid 7 of 10. Worth the watch.

So I was mega butthurt by this and my initial reaction was like, "Well fuck you too, you geriatric!" But I decided to sit on it and be an adult and watched literally all the Matrix films the past week.

And I still think you're wrong, I think the first film stands alone well, didn't need sequels, and just in general was a unique and genre affecting film that set it apart from the follow-ups.

Fact of the matter is Reloaded and Revolutions were crap, and Resurrections was decent for what it was, but only when you frame it against the backdrop of the overarching Matrix universe. I did enjoy every movie, including The Animatrix. I'll probably buy the 4th on Bluray when it comes out, and I already have the other three on dvd. And I'll probably watch them all over again in the future. But I'll still watch the first film as a standalone several times more than I'll watch the whole quadrilogy in life.

I'll give this conciliation though, the four Matrix films reminded me a lot of their predecessor "who asked for this?' quadrilogy, the Alien universe. And I'm one of those Resurrection apologists who greatly enjoyed Jean-Pierre Jeunet's mess of a reboot. So maybe, maybe I just don't like the Matrix universe; what I always enjoyed about the first film was the fact that most of it still took place in the matrix, and it seemed like more of a breakthrough film in so many ways, and the sequels all dealt with the 'real world' much more which I honestly found boring.

So I still think the original film is the only important and must-see of the bunch, but I guess that's because I'm less invested in the Matrix universe, it just never tickled my sci-fi bone well.
@Cream Gravy? Sorry, I realized after posting that my comments may have been a little harsh. Maybe the franchise is an acquired taste. But I did prod you into giving them all a fighting chance, no?

For the record, I did enjoy the first one immensely because it was such a ground-breaking movie when it first came out. There will always be a place in my heart for the original Matrix. The character building was great but like many sequels, once the main characters have been built, a lot of folks dismiss the rest.

TBH, I had to watch all of them multiple times and the more I watched them the more I appreciated all of them as a complete whole. Another tip is that I've also watched them with subtitles. You may miss some of the action but if you've already seen them, I found it a fruitful experience to read what they were saying considering some of the dialogue was hard to hear at times. I'm gonna have to re-watch Resurrections with subtitles because some of the characters talked too fast and quiet for me to follow.

So what do y'all think about the whole trans allegory development that has come out in the media recently regarding the films?

I know the Wachowski's both changed genders but until I read about it in the media, I never caught on to any trans type allegories being promoted in any of the films. I looked at them as good vs evil, Neo vs Smith, humans vs machines.... Not as much male vs female. Guess I gotta watch all of them again :drama:

I never really picked up on any ‘trans allegory’ in the original trilogy but it was overt and blatant in resurrections. I decided to just ignore it so I could enjoy the film. The world building part the first half was all, “binary this, binary that,” hell the video game Neo was working on was called “Binary”. Plus the female cover of that Rage Against the Machine song in the credits... and the rainbow reference at the end. Yeah, definitely some not so subtle agenda here. Perhaps her sister thought it tacky and so she didn’t participate in the Resurrections?

So yeah I’d say that Lana laid it on pretty thick in number 4, but at least the first film, and not so much the two prior sequels, seemed straight forward and more of a rebuke of late 90s captalism.

Last edited:
@Cream Gravy? Might wanna put that in a spoilers box so n3ophy7e doesn't go John Wick on you :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Binary thing in Resurrections.

I think it's all largely open to interpretation, like any good story. You could see the trans allegory, or the metaphor about social control, or any other thing your mind wants to think. And that's why it's a good story. Simple as that.

I don't think the director shoved anything down our throats in the fourth Matrix. I thought it was a valuable addition to the series, and honestly it was my favorite beyond the original. It just had way more energy and ingenuity than either of the sequels.