• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

bought some paypal ($PYPL) just to put money to work but i'm not confident about it doing super well.

i'm more confident that layoff contagion will spread, even in the off chance that rates start dropping any time soon it won't be enough to save governments, corporations and consumers drowning in debt.

everything is fucked. might be a good time to start a business.

Bought some SGMO this morning to hold for over a year for phase 3 data from a Pfizer trial and a big milestone payment they should get, and the FDA just made a different phase 3 trial design easier with no control arm.
Guess I should've sold it when it kept going up the rest of the day and bought it back. Hit 1.02 today and is back to 1.24. Could've made like 25% the first time and already be up again today

That shit happens when I buy something to hold for over a year and stick to the plan, lol. Goes up 40% then gives it all back to where a quick trade would've given me a nice edge on the position

That shit happens when I buy something to hold for over a year and stick to the plan, lol. Goes up 40% then gives it all back to where a quick trade would've given me a nice edge on the position

Agreed. I can't legally give you stock trading advice, but with a lot of these companies, especially secular growth companies, there is little realistic chance that the stock will double in any reasonable time frame. Locking in a 30% gain is worth considering. If nothing, I am surprised at how many people will ride a stock up and decline to at least trim their position at a profit. Not even a trim? Some people won't.

I would've if I bought 5-10x more, but I just bought a starter position with the plan to buy more if it goes below $1 again on news of them raising cash through dilution

I can't legally give you stock trading advice
You can, just can't charge money or accept payment for it without being licensed

I always like the "this is not financial advice" disclaimers on accounts on stock forums, and the post was obviously financial advice

Amazon joins DJIA, just as Bezos sold $8bn worth of shares

distillery. That's my business venture. I'm seeking investors.

how much does it take to launch? doesn't cost much to make shine...

but then, gaming licenses cost six figures when any hillbilly could throw up a blackjack table in a tent.

I would've if I bought 5-10x more, but I just bought a starter position with the plan to buy more if it goes below $1 again on news of them raising cash through dilution

I didn't know, until I took the hit, that equities trading under a buck will get delisted from NASDAQ. Then volume shrinks and it's hard to turn the price around.

Yeah, if the bid stays above $1 for another 6-7 consecutive days then they buy themselves more time before being issued a 180 day delisting notice if they were to be under $1 again for more than 30 days

Amazon joins DJIA, just as Bezos sold $8bn worth of shares

how much does it take to launch? doesn't cost much to make shine...

but then, gaming licenses cost six figures when any hillbilly could throw up a blackjack table in a tent.

I didn't know, until I took the hit, that equities trading under a buck will get delisted from NASDAQ. Then volume shrinks and it's hard to turn the price around.
A decent sized still would cost north of 10grand. The one I used now cost me a 160 or so. 5 gallons makes very small batch. Like I get 1.25-1.5L a run.
A shed or property with good well water what I'm looking for probably $300K to $500K.
Then the taxes and paperwork filings. It might be easier to get work with a distillery already set up.

Plus, that's not really my passion. I like it, but I want to synthesize psychedelics in a legal lab. Closer to where my heart is.

Payments not available at this time on coinbase.
Some users may see a zero balance.
seems like they may have compromised security.

GH3Og0RWoAAwBNn

d865eca79bf2bf9b372030aaa16bb392.png

At the bottom of his card, Benner wrote “Sure thing.” and for 100 years he’s been close to perfect. As a prosperous Ohio Farmer, the 1873 market panic was a blow for Samual Benner, and it wiped him out. When trying to understand why this happened, Benner discovered the notion of market cycles.

As a farmer, Samuel knew that the seasonal cycles affected crops, which then affect supply and demand, which affects the price. Benner looked deeper into these cycles and found an 11-year cycle in corn and pig prices with peaks every 5/6 years. This matches the 11-year solar cycle. Benner figured that this solar cycle affects crop yield, affecting revenue, supply/demand, and price

I could forgive someone in 1873 for believing market cycles are an organic phenomena that could be predicted, but in 2024 you have to be a fucking dipshit to believe that. Nothing organic about it, from the money printers to Wall Street, to the City of London. They can pull money out of thin air and push entire nations off the economic map if they desire.

Money is a religion. And it's not worthy of your attention.

@Electrum1 have you read the stock trader's almanac?

There's some great info in there about cycles and correlations.

Benner Cycle looks promising, I'll have to see about getting into corn when the time is right.

Right now I'm eyeing nat gas as that cycles yearly