• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The man made substance known as LSD vs. the natural fungi known also known as shrooms

LSD wasnt engineered to change humans. As Solipsis said, Sandoz was exploring lysergamides for different reasons (although I think it was respiratory stimulation).

I would need to get a better idea of what you mean by superhuman but that seems like a stretch, engineered or not.

Shrooms being more fun may be your opinion but only that.

Same goes for them being spiritual. I am of the opinion that calling any drug spiritual is rather silly. They are neutral on the subject. If you find spirituality during a trip with them and feel it is something you want to incorporate in your life, good for you. But just as reading the Bible doesnt make everyone spiritual, drugs wont either for all.

I prefer LSD but its been years since Ive had shrooms. LSD is more fun in my book as it is more visual and makes music far better. But as you can see from above, other prefer mushrooms for different reasons. But there is no reason you cannot enjoy both.

LSD wasnt engineered to change humans. As Solipsis said, Sandoz was exploring lysergamides for different reasons (although I think it was respiratory stimulation).

I would need to get a better idea of what you mean by superhuman but that seems like a stretch, engineered or not.

Shrooms being more fun may be your opinion but only that.

Same goes for them being spiritual. I am of the opinion that calling any drug spiritual is rather silly. They are neutral on the subject. If you find spirituality during a trip with them and feel it is something you want to incorporate in your life, good for you. But just as reading the Bible doesnt make everyone spiritual, drugs wont either for all.

I prefer LSD but its been years since Ive had shrooms. LSD is more fun in my book as it is more visual and makes music far better. But as you can see from above, other prefer mushrooms for different reasons. But there is no reason you cannot enjoy both.

So glad you brought up the spiritually thing. No judgment whatsoever to those who have had such experiences and/or consider themselves spiritual, but psychedelics essentially project what is already within you. If you're spiritual or religious, then your trip may follow suit, but I don't consider myself to be very spiritual and definitely not religious, and I've never experienced spirituality on psychedelics unless we define the term differently (for example, I always tend to think about the human experience and our connection with nature and the world as a whole. Some may consider that spiritual, but I don't). I have found both mushrooms and LSD to be highly empathogenic in their own way and could absolutely see where the spiritual experiences come from but it's a total myth that all users experience this, but then again, I guess its just semantics anyway because spirit could mean a diety-like being or religious experience, or it could just mean the human spirit as a sort of metaphor. It's just good to see someone in agreement because I feel like that's a big thing with psychedelics and its not at all what I use them for, unless we're talking about my own spirit/psyche/whatever.

So I'm now asking myself the question what an i missing? This question brings out my curiosity and I must ask for help. So if you have any wisdom to what you think I'm missing please be kind of to share with me wise one

You see from my perspective you just described how I feel on LSD

Yes, LSD vs mushrooms is a preference not a real argument, and I think it depends on what a person's mind is big on (rationality or emotional intelligence and intuition for example), or little.

The point made about prejudice about natural vs. synthetic is honestly explained in a previous post of mine #4 above.. although I did a lot of it using examples. The distinction between them is in most ways invalid because the real distinction is not the origin of a drug or compound (man-made vs. nature made) because mushrooms do not make different psilocin than a lab does. Trust me, it's a fact that the very nature of something being a certain chemical such as psilocin is that it's universally that substance no matter where it came from.

Yes, there are reasons why natural drugs tend to have a certain feeling which I think becomes obvious when you have experienced drugs not only of the natural kind (like weed), or synthetic (like pure THC or other cannabinoids), but also things in between like processed weed.
As I explained, we know about natural drugs often being mixtures that can have a synergy: the drugs work together or they balance each other or soften each other's action. Man-made drugs are almost always made in a singular way so not a mix.

A key-word here though is: 'often'. You cannot say that natural drugs are in any way better based on the select number of natural drugs you consider. To say that you have to consider them all, and nature makes plenty of things that are harmful to ingest. If it is your preference, nobody could argue it... you would just tend to like natural drugs (or synthetic) and there is a fair chance that the preference reinforces itself simply because of the fallacy that people tend to validate what they chose and not what they rejected.
it is just incorrect to generalize things about it, because the reality is that the difference between natural and man-made is arbitrary and irrelevant, and that such preferences are based on different things than people believe: not well understood tendencies rather than inherent properties.

The proof is that one can turn natural products into drugs that have properties that will be indistinguishable from pure synthetics by doing nothing but refining and purifying... and you can make drugs in the lab that have all the benefits from natural drugs, and even sometimes without some of the negatives. It proves that there is no line to divide them, just a blurry continuum... and that a prejudice cannot survive, but a preference certainly can. :)

I hope that is enough of an explanation... but it wouldn't hurt to in return ask as an example how you feel about synthetic (lab-made) psilocin, or what you think the idea if you haven't tried it (it is rare)? That helps to show thought processes that relate to what you think the difference is between natural or man-made...
Some people think it's enough that a drug is found in nature and that makes it better, but not necessarily that your sample must be made there. That kind of implies that nature invents drugs that are by definition superior to what humans invent.
Other people think that a drug is better if found in nature, and even replicating it in the lab may seem pointless to them because they believe that by definition anything a lab makes is significantly different from what nature makes. Kind of reminds me of the experiment where water was said to have memory, which I might add was debunked.

Not trying to be a fascist: people are entitled to their opinion, beliefs and thoughts. But everyone deserves to base them on valid enough information. And it's healthy for people to let go of their own superstitions, it doesn't seem like it's up to others to decide. :)

If this thread was only about the preference of LSD vs shrooms, then like I said - nothing to be argued other than to point out that it is indeed a preference... Which by the way, there is a centralized thread on that might even have a poll showing how many people have which preference..
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/201198-Comparison-Subthread-Acid-vs-Mushrooms
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/326684-POLL-psilocin-vs-LSD

(Assume that people are saying psilocin is equal to mushrooms there, and piling it together with 4-AcO-DMT, because of the rarity of synthetic psilocin)
And apparently, about twice as many people prefer LSD.

Last edited:
I've done separate and together. They are both pretty eye opening. I was wondering any on on here from Calgary?