• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but do you see what happened there? I went "Ew, it's probably a mistake to apply a benchmark mentality", then that's what I went and did about 5-MAPB! Well, I never claimed to be immune from the mindset. Guess we're all chasing something. Let's face it, if MDMA and Mephedrone were legal, the RC industry would be at a fraction of its current power - and I probably wouldn't live past 40!

Yuh, I'd also probably have had a serious problem with Meph if it hadn't got banned!

Tried a few go's on 5-mapb recently. I agree that it isn't to be taken too often, my mood has been pretty flat since my experiments last week, come-down typical of MDMA type compounds. I'll be fine soon enough.

I didn't get on with either 5-apb of 6-apb but the 5-mapb was right up my alley, serene energy, similar to Methylone but longer acting & less manic.

All in all, I'd say 5-mapb is a winner but I can see problems coming if it goes mass-market & gets into the hands of those who can't control their intake. Lets hope I'm wrong. It's kinda pricey at the moment so hopefully that'll put off the plebs for awhile...

'Kinda pricey' is an understatement. I've got 250mg coming and that was enough to make me check the rent. Si, regarding your concerns about it going 'mass-market', well, that's what happens - if it's good. Meph went 'mass-market' because it was good. So did MDMA. That's the mode that flows.

Nice to know you think it's a winner though. Looking forward to some science.

^^^ but it has to much abuse potential i think. i think i would rather do 5-mapb once a fortnight than 4-mmc god knows how many times a week. definitly dont miss the heart palpitations that meph on its own gave me, whereas this on its own felt really non-toxic phsycially.

Regarding the price comments, it depends what you use it for. I only use the apb's on a night out. Takes away 90% of the need for alcohol. A few soft drinks over the night and I'm good! So save god knows how much cash! :) and have an amazing time compared to alcohol anyway. Winner.

Meph was a bit too good really, wasn't it!

Speaking of alcohol - I've run into alcohol difficulties in the last few days and I've got to get back on top of things. So I'll be delaying my 5-MAPB science for a while. I might try and knock it all on the head, in fact.

Stay safe everyone.

(re:meph) Yes I can't thing of any other drug you can take all day everyday
Just gets expensive and pushes everything else out your life

Think I'll try this (5-mapb) just to say I've tried it mdma is easily avalable and a good price

Hey again. After all my good intentions, I've decided "the diet starts tomorrow". This decision occurred at about the time my package with 5-mapb, etizolam and EPH arrived. Couldn't just let that hang around, could I? I could do with some advice about 5-mapb, if anyone would care to share. Here's the thing: By habit I avoid 'psychadelics', which I consider to be things like E, LSD, shrooms. This 5-mapb has been classified as psychadelic. But I think my idea of what does and doesn't fall into this category is a bit off from the general consensus. I don't consider Mephedrone to be psychadelic, although I think some people do. Can anyone with 5-mapb experience help me get an idea of what I'm in for please? Basically, I don't want to end up mashed. Acid and pills did that to me, Meph didn't.

Any assistance much appreciated. A report after the event will of course be duly submitted!

Cheers.

Hey again. After all my good intentions, I've decided "the diet starts tomorrow". This decision occurred at about the time my package with 5-mapb, etizolam and EPH arrived. Couldn't just let that hang around, could I? I could do with some advice about 5-mapb, if anyone would care to share. Here's the thing: By habit I avoid 'psychadelics', which I consider to be things like E, LSD, shrooms. This 5-mapb has been classified as psychadelic. But I think my idea of what does and doesn't fall into this category is a bit off from the general consensus. I don't consider Mephedrone to be psychadelic, although I think some people do. Can anyone with 5-mapb experience help me get an idea of what I'm in for please? Basically, I don't want to end up mashed. Acid and pills did that to me, Meph didn't.

Any assistance much appreciated. A report after the event will of course be duly submitted!

Cheers.

5-APB and 6-APB make me royally mashed indeed. I too am curious to see if 5-MAPB is similarly so, or more like MDMA.

Haven't done any APBs, but this thread so far seems to indicate that it's more speedy than the APBs - which would suggest less psychadelia. But it's still really new and I would love to understand what causes something to be classified 'psychadelic'. My definition comes from my teenage experiences of Es, mushrooms and LSD. I would avoid anything that does that to me nowadays! But I think the idea of psychadelic substances has changed and now encapsulates less trippy compunds too.

I'd say things like lsd are tripping, and things like mdma are rolling. The apbs certainly make you roll, but with less stimulation. I wonder how stimulating 5-mpab is.

N-methylation prevents affinity for 5HT receptors so there should be little to no classical psychedelic activity. That said, there will alwas be metabolism fo 5-APB and MDMA has a hint of psychedelia... so it's your call.

Hey all. Thanks for the info. Just giving it a go. Insufflation is pretty much completely painless. The powder has a faint smell of nothing much. Did have a bit of EPH earlier <100mg), some red wine (<1litre) and some etizolam (2mg), just to 'set me right' for this experience. As I've already said, I am dubious about mixing rcs, particularly when one is really new. But I'm also careful when it comes to psychadelics - in the past I've needed a functional stim to keep a psychadelic under control. Honestly, one bad trip and your whole approach changes!

I'm trying to be careful with dosing to keep risk low and not to waste good powder!

That's as far as I'll say at the moment, as I'm waiting to hear from the mods how a live report - if well written - will be dealt with.

Not sure about that prep. I'd prefer nothing pre apb. I had 100 mg 5mapb with 110 mg 6apb at weekend. Was clearer and less heavy than same total of just 6. Not sure if 5 Overwhelmed 6 a bit. I don't think you will feel 'mashed' on 5mapb less than 100mg or so. Likely to be happy more energy little dancy, bit speedy wanting to do 'something' and generally feel good. Hope to hear how it goes

Uh, yes, I would be concerned enough about a large dose of wine and etizolam on their own, let alone the idea of addding a brand new empathogen and a stimulant to the mix. Save it for another day if you haven't dropped yet.

Also, I'm afraid we do not allow live reports, but we absolutely encourage you to write down a journal and type it up nicely for posterity. I'm sure erowid would be keen to have a copy too.

Cool, thanks Transform. No prob. Don't worry about the wine and etiz. I'm ok. But I do agree that adding to it is dubious. But here's the thing:

Mozzer, I remember the days when I just wanted the drugs and it was easy. Beeline for the desired item. Nowadays, I need some booze and/or benzo to relax me for the stimulant, so that it's not stressy. Then in this case, the stim functions to control the psychadelic. That's just how it rolls for me! Not a good way to be as it needs all sorts of dodgy combos. TWas easier when I was obtaining scheduled drugs. At least then I knew what each one was.

I kinda always assumed that this was fairly standard for us ex-1990's teenagers. I tried to start a (poor) thread in the Culture forum today and it went down in flames (because it was poor). Maybe there's a question about 90s youth culture I could use. It would be nice to get something good in there - just for self-and-peer-validation!

So, do those who teened in the 90s feel a difference in their relationship with drugs, compared to older and younger equivalents?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not entirely sure what answer you seek but I was teening in the 80's so, dunno if I could answer it.

I think I might have to follow your lead & have a proper fucking break soon. Got a big night out in couple, & these are few & far between these days, so I obviously intend to fucking enjoy that. But afterwards I feel a good 6 month sabattical might be in order. I'm not tripping much recently coz I'm doing too many stimulants & end up feeling rough for weeks on end, not a condition conducive to tripping. If I can knock drugs like 5-mapb on the head for sex months I'll ba able to enjoy the occassional psychedlic again. & I do love a nice psychedelic trip. I've tried a few one month here, two months there break, but afterwards fall back into slightly too regular usage & naturally that leads to less comfortable psychological states that, for me, can linger for quite a few week. It's great fun at the time, stimming & DJing, drumming or working in the studio but those few hours of fun, if repeated daily for more than a day or two at most, the payback is too great. I suspect a complete clearing of my system & a cessation of ALL stimulants for 6 months is on the cards.

It's comforting knowing that 5-mapb is about, I don't have to stock it up (yet!) & I can hide what little I have away off-premises, for when summer has properly set it.

On the subject of 5-mapb being a psychedelic, I would say it is. I noticed an increase in colour enhancement, similar to that with the popular flourine amphetamine 4-fa. Neither of these produce classic psychedelia, swirling or breathing, but do brighten colours & on the 5-mapb I might have caught a little tracing too.

Now that I think about it, & with only memory for use as comparison, 5-mapb is perhaps a little more like 4-fa than either MDMA or Methylone!

So is this stuff worth the price that vendors are charging? Is it better than the 5 & 6 APB'S?
Duration?

ok i have read most reports on here now,and it sounds to be good,i,v also read that some have had white 5-mapb,has any one tried the apb-pellets that have 60mg 5mapb and 50mg of 5-apb,not new to the apb family but never tried these mixed ones -snip- No vendor discussion ~Jesusgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more recent reports of this substance. I'm awaiting a small quantity and plan on sampling 50-100mgs most likely on the light side working up. THe reviews seems to go from MDMA like to shit drug but some of the people reporting have been frying the shit out their brain rolling every weekend so it is hard to tell if it is them or the drug...

Definitely more MDMA-like than shit drug. :)

I went through a gram with 4 or 5 mates over a night (6 hours or so) a couple of weeks back and we were all impressed. Probably had about 300mg myself and was very impressed to find absolutely no early week depression followed that dose as I'm usually very prone to the Monday, Tuesday and sometimes even Wednesday blues after a hard weekend. Not that it was a particularly heavy session, but I would have expected some mood dip.

Other substances taken during the night were several pints and a litre bottle of wine, and one or two lines of MDMA and coke later on. I'm confident I could separate the effects of the 5-MAPB from the booze as it's very rare I haven't been drinking when I take any drugs.

Slight feelings of euphoria, with a long lasting happiness and contentment were the main effects, along with a friendly, open and chatty attitude. Much like good mandy in my experience. A slight enhancement to colours was also noted, but no real visuals as such.

I've got some more and I'm looking forward to another go, may try bombing some this time as all previous experience was with snorting.

Status
Not open for further replies.