• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many days off should i take to reverse my tolerance?

taking a low dose of neurontin (200mg) per day should be ok during this time, right?

i dont understand this drug at all. i cant figure out why it works much better orally that intravenously or even rectally. its not an issue of BA, its more of a rush from it working faster. i do feel a little rush from IV or IR, but it doesnt platuea like oral. i dont know. swallowed 450mg, and put 150mg up the butt as i just ate a bomb ass steak my gf made. i felt it kick in but its not really sticking like oral use. no one seems to have any ideas on this either. guess i should give up.

all i know is i LOVE this shit. i got some neurontin so i can take a break for a week to bring my tolerance down.

my balls are tingling.

started a week break today. i have some gabapentin to supplant. is there a cross tolerance and ill end up nullifying the entire break?

is there a cross tolerance and ill end up nullifying the entire break?
I imagine so, the mechanisms of action are almost identical. They're basically the same drug.

fuck. ok, well ill just have to go really low. like 100mg of gabapentin per day. thats like 30mg of lyrica. after a week i should be cool, right?

cross tolerance btw neurontin and lyrica?

posted several times in both the lyrica and gabapentin mega thread, no answer.

im sure there has to be somewhat of a cross tol, but im trying to figure out to what extent. im taking gabapentin this week to take a break from lyrica to bring my tolerance down. the effects are different which leads me to believe there is an incomplete cross tolerance. anyway, taking 200mg of gp a day is about the same as taking 70mg of pg. so maybe i should just take 100mg a day, i would like to get to close to 0 as possible. how i would love to take 300mg of pg and get that crazy acid/ghb effect. makes my dick hard thinking about it. throw in a shot of bupe and its even better. add just 1 glass of beer and its like nodding on heroin.

Just as oxycodone is cross-tolerant with diacetylmorphine, so, too, is there a cross tolerance between gabapentin and pregabalin. The extent of this is unknown as far as I know, because no clinical trials have been conducted to assess it.

~ vaya

EDIT: This is apparently an erroneous assumption on my part. See below!

Last edited:
yeah, i suppose youre right. ill just take the smallest amount of gabapentin possible. i think 1 week should be ample time to bring tolerance down. im thinking maybe i should not take anything at all. i think it takes around 1 month of everyday use to become addicted to something, physically at least. if i stop once a week every month ill never really let my body become fully addicted. food for thought, and im starving.

i have so much more respect for this drug now that ive tried neurontin. pregabalin is not just an evergreened version of gp, it really is an entirely different drug that is much stronger. granted they are very very closley related, they are not the same drug tweaked. lyrica dominates.

Even a 1 day break helps a lot for tolerance from my experience as long as you keep your dosage low say around 300 mg.
i don't know anything about cross tolerance with neurotin or gabatin.

My Appeal

I'm gonna go out on a limb, seeing that I am but an avid reader and not a moderator, and suggest that we re-route this Mega Thread back to the exploration of topics related to pregabalin that everyone can partake in. I may sound a bit offensive in saying this, but we're all well aware, by now, after something like seven pages, of how much some people here looooooooove Lyrica. Hell, I do too, but I'm not gonna tell you fifteen times in a week's time. There have been several noteworthy explorations into Lyrica's pharmacodynamics and interactions/cross-tolerance with other medications that should be continued IMO, but it's difficult (for me, at least) when so many posts are rehashes of former posts by the same user(s) extolling the virtues of Lyrica, but how much its tolerance rate sucks, but how incredible it is, but...

Look. I, too, am scripted Lyrica, find it *extremely* helpful in my daily activities, am avidly interested in its pharmacology (and what odd discussions we've gotten into hitherto!), and come here to read about all of these things with others who share the same passions and circumstances that I have. But, after many days with a tongue-kept-silent, I feel the need to SUGGEST that some people's play-by-play updates with Lyrica might be better suited for somewhere other than a Mega Thread which, by virtue of its own nature, should be restrained to a more dedicated discussion of the chemical compound for which it exists.

To all: If I am out of line, then drop the word and I'll withdraw my request. But it seems that when two or three individuals make seventy-five or more of the last one hundred-fifty responses, others (such as myself) may find it difficult to engage the discussion.
Thanks.
Respectfully,
~ vaya
<3

No Cross-Tolerance Between Pregabalin & Gabapentin

Thought this might be of interest to those of you debating the existence of a cross-tolerance between the two compounds; according to The FreePatentsOnline Database, there is none!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
Gabapentin is the generic name for the marketed product Neurontin. The chemical name is 1-(aminomethyl)-cyclohexaneacetic acid. The chemical structure of the compound is:

Pregabalin is the generic name for (S)-3-(aminomethyl)-5-methylhexanoic acid. The chemical structure of the compound is: It is also known as CI-1008 and as S-(+)-3-IBG.

Formerly, it was thought that gabapentin and pregabalin were the same in all pain models as one antagonist blocked both; therefore, a similar result was expected.

However, surprising differences have now been observed in an inflammatory model of pain.

The present invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions. These compositions have a synergistic effect in the treatment of pain. Advantages of these compositions include fewer side effects as lower dosages are needed. This increases patient compliance with the beneficial result of better control of pain.

The drugs can be administered together in the same dosage unit or can be prepared in separate dosage units administered at the same time. Different forms of dosage units can be used, i.e., a tablet of gabapentin and an injection of pregabalin.

One particular advantage of the instant invention is the fact that no cross tolerance between the two compounds has been observed.

The synergistic composition of this invention utilizes any GABA analogs. A GABA analog is a compound derived from or based upon gamma-aminobutyric acid.
--------------------------------------------------------
CITATION
Brummel, Roger N. (321 Peppermill Lane, Holland, MI 49423, US), Singh, Lakhbir (4 Low Rd. Queen Adelaidem Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 3SP, GB) 2005 A SYNERGISTIC COMBINATION: GABAPENTIN AND PREGABALIN Warner-Lambert Company LLC (201 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950, US) EP1196160 http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP1196160B1.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will report back if I find anything a bit more specific!

~ vaya

Thank you Vaya

I really appreciate your forthright discussion regarding the supplementation of lyrica. While many have posted, you're a member as of whom I can safely say, "she speaks the educated truth while also understanding the usage of the drug and the breakthroughs it has regarding nerve pain and related areas." As a 25-yr old cancer survivor, I for one find it very hard to find correlation between educated posts and info that do not take into account the biased "highs" that have been experienced.. I too am guilty of such posts, as last week as I rec. dosed for the first time and wow. But thank you for your contributions

Thanks, friend.

I really appreciate your forthright discussion regarding the supplementation of lyrica. While many have posted, you're a member as of whom I can safely say, "she speaks the educated truth while also understanding the usage of the drug and the breakthroughs it has regarding nerve pain and related areas." As a 25-yr old cancer survivor, I for one find it very hard to find correlation between educated posts and info that do not take into account the biased "highs" that have been experienced.. I too am guilty of such posts, as last week as I rec. dosed for the first time and wow. But thank you for your contributions

I was not sure how my message to others, no matter how kindly worded, would be received. Thank you for validating my efforts, EPS, in a most kind manner. It ought to be clear, by now I would think, that my intention was neither to suppress nor offend anyone who has or who will post in this thread.

And for what it's worth, I'm a male - but what's in a gender? :D
No harm done; it's a common mistake. On Bluelight, that is ;)

Alas, I, too, am 'guilty' of posts solely portraying the recreational aspect of this (and other) drug(s). It was not my intention to suppress any utterance of the recreational values we can attribute to pregabalin (and there are many!). Rather, my words are targeted at those who may have become so enraptured with such hedonisms that the truer purpose behind such Mega Threads (i.e. concentrated pools of knowledge) becomes lost in a veritable sea of glorifications.

~ vaya

vaya said:
(@homeydontplaythat) Just as oxycodone is cross-tolerant with diacetylmorphine, so, too, is gabapentin cross-tolerant with pregabalin.

I take back what I said above; I'll chalk it up to sheer ignorance on my part. However, it *was* a fair assumption, given how drugs that are chemically related normally interact, but check on the citation I provided over in the Pregabalin MegaThread that states "...that no cross tolerance between the two compounds [i.e. pregabalin & gabapentin] has been observed."

Apologies for sending out a false positive, HDPT! It took me quite a while of digging around the internet to locate that citation, however. Methinks not much work (VERY surprisingly) has been done to determine the extent to which pregabalin induces tolerance to gabapentin, and vice versa. Shocking, almost, don't you think?

~ vaya

EDIT: OK, since this has been moved (kudos, leftwing!) the answer I was alluding to in this post can be found three posts above this one, for those who may have missed it

Last edited:
i'll merge this into the lyrica mega threadand neurontin thread since it's resolved. thanks vaya:)

thanks.

sorry for the he/she confusion. I kindly appreciate what you are doing here on the board for me, as a newbie,

sorry for the he/she confusion. I kindly appreciate what you are doing here on the board for me, as a newbie,

Welcome! You ought to introduce yourself in the introductions thread.

You'll learn to adore this place - the good and the bad, jointly. I have been here seven years - ought that not let you in on how wonderful a community this is? =D

Anyways, back to Lyrica.... I guess, ultimately, homeydontplaythat - you do NOT need to worry about a cross-tolerance between gabapentin and pregabalin. I could find no other source on the internet that suggested a positive or negative tolerance connection between GBP and PGB. None! And I searched every database, even used my old college's access account information to gain access to some otherwise restricted/pay-only PDF clinical trials... and nuffin'. Pure smoke.

~ vaya

thanks for the info, vaya.

im sure your mention of play by play updates on lyrica was directed at me. no offense taken. its just that well....i dont really give a shit about the other threads on BL. i can only answer questions about how long to take oxy after sub so many times. its just the same stuff over and over. so i stick to the bup, lyrica, and now gabapenting megas since they are the only drugs that concern me now.

so i am guilt of posting shit like "wow, i like lyrica" but i have had many questions and comments including speculating info from the monograph and such.

if anything i think ive posted so much because it seems if i dont know one else will.

but its good to hear there is no cross tolerance. by now ive realized how shitty gabapentin is and how it really is NOT the same drug. there is a hint of reminiscence but just a flash. it just makes me hungry.

Bluelight

im sure your mention of play by play updates on lyrica was directed at me. no offense taken.

It was - primarily, although not exclusively by any means. And I'm glad you're not taking offense, because there was no offense meant to be taken. Pregabalin is, as we've all come to understand in our own unique terms, a wonderful compound that is wildly deserving of such extensive conversation; however, I feel that we need mention how much we adore it but once each, for the sake of brevity ;) The rest of your contributions have been wonderful and thought-provoking, and I really appreciate that link to drugs-forum.com; its chock-full of good things to look into. I've only just begun now, in fact! So thank you, primarily for your otherwise-contributions, but also for not rashly hating me because I may have challenged an ego here or there :)

homeydontplaythat said:
i dont really give a shit about the other threads on BL. i can only answer questions about how long to take oxy after sub so many times. its just the same stuff over and over.

Man, I used to feel just the same. As a matter of fact, that very same "boredness" you've just described drove me away from BL entirely for about a year in 2006. However, once you begin to look at Bluelight as a global community, offering forums for *everything* under the goddamned sun, you may begin to appreciate it in different ways. For instance, I knew I cared about my physiological health (that is, my appetite, exercise [to a certain extent], vitamins, meditation) but I never really took time to explore the "Healthy Living" forum; I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was interested in exploring sex and issues related to committed relationships, but never wholeheartedly looked into the SLR forum. I've -always- loved debating philosophy - from Plato to BP's integrity ( ;) ) - and never managed to dive into the Philosophy and Spirituality forums. But once I integrated my BL experience to include more than just that which initially attracted me to the website - that is, drugs - I saw some of the same names I enjoyed hearing from in the drugs forums pop up in the spirituality forums, and some in the health forums; some in the writing forums, and some in the ones dedicated to politics. And then the whole Bluelight paradigm made sense; it's a community, with opportunities for me to challenge and be challenged at every click of a hyperlink. Back then, online forums weren't as prevalent as they are today, but Bluelight still tops every one I have ever been a member of regarding any subject, because it has it all.

The point of this rambling nonsensical blather? To try and allow another to see this place, these people behind the alphanumeric handles, as something more than a one-stop-shop for clear-cut drug information and nothing more. Even though I may be active in a posting sense much moreso in Other Drugs than I am in SLR, I gain a great deal of knowledge, respect and wisdom from other people simply by viewing and following the variety of discussions, topics and otherwise raunchy material that's bound to cross a drug user's life - although not necessarily over a glass mirror with a razor blade in hand.

...I've been here for seven years of my life.

There's a reason for that...

:)

~ vaya

Status
Not open for further replies.