• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ i love 'em too man!

people taking lyrica, i just read that it stunts production of glutamate as well as noradrenaline. now, i know i can take dl-phenylalanine or l-dopa to substitute this, but should i be taking anything to supplement the glutamte. its a pretty important neurotransmitter it seems. and ive been taking lyrica daily for years, should i be worrying?

My Doc finally gave me 300mg of Lyrica to take Twice a Day...

It helps alot with my anxiety, my thoughts but not the physical symptoms...My Heart...

Any Suggestions to consider...
I also take 300 mg twice daily, seems to be the right dose for my anxiety. I could go higher but I don't want my tolerance to go to high. I hear that it can be a bitch coming off a high dose of Lyrica.

Sorry, I have no info about the heart thing.

Received my Lyrica today- 75 mg caps. I'm excited after reading this thread, so will report back later.
I think I'll start at 300 mg later on and will report back : )

Within 12 years of being prescribed medications Lyrica has been the best drug ever prescribed to me for my problems...Bi-Polar, anxiety issues, restless leg syndrome, fibromyalgia and drug addiction.

I no longer have problems getting to sleep. Its helped the suffering of fibromyalgia. It got me off the Suboxone with little to no physical withdrawal symptoms. Its given me a desire not only to socialize but enjoy life. Its also surprisingly stabilized my mood.

I'm prescribed 450mg and tolerance hasn't increased like benzodiazepines.

K'd out- exactly. id say its pretty much the closest to a wonder drug thats came out yet, lol.

all though, rebound effects and withdrawal can be quite the bitch.

^dont build your tolerance any sooner than you have to.

does tolerance build with normal as prescribed use? i am since today on 2x 75mg which feels as a lowish dose. not suprisenly, till yesterday i was on benzodiazepines not daily but i am using that as reference. and find the lyrica at this dose more subtle then 0.25 alprazolam or 30 mg chloordiazepoxide but beneficial.

lyrica seems to have no dampening effect on my emotions and the gaba blanket effect is def not there, which is what i hoped for and why i asked my doc to switch me over. besides some very minimal drowsiness pregabalin/ lyrica is not like a benzo at all, at this dose at least.

in the long term this seems like a great anti-anxiety/ mood stabilizer drug. as long as you don t have to keep upping your dose to reach that effect.

does tolerance build with normal as prescribed use? i am since today on 2x 75mg which feels as a lowish dose. not suprisenly, till yesterday i was on benzodiazepines not daily but i am using that as reference. and find the lyrica at this dose more subtle then 0.25 alprazolam or 30 mg chloordiazepoxide but beneficial.

lyrica seems to have no dampening effect on my emotions and the gaba blanket effect is def not there, which is what i hoped for and why i asked my doc to switch me over. besides some very minimal drowsiness pregabalin/ lyrica is not like a benzo at all, at this dose at least.

in the long term this seems like a great anti-anxiety/ mood stabilizer drug. as long as you don t have to keep upping your dose to reach that effect.

I totally agree with you. I tried Lyrica for the first time last night and am still feeling the drug, this is some interesting stuff. I did take a recreational dose of 600 mg in 2 separate doses. The first dose I felt nothing but a mild sedation so I waited around another hour and took another 300 mg and got the same. Then after around 2.5 hours the stuff really kicked in. It felt like the strongest drug I've taken at the time.

I was tripping my ass off- the walls in my room were closing in and then flying back to normal position, the ceiling was coming down I could not walk or move properly, my balance and co-ordination was fucked- so I think my dose was a bit large for me. I felt much more effects but they are hard to explain.

Today I took a few Provigil to wake me up plus caffeine.The the effects don't seem to be like a benzo, just have a happy feeling. just relaxed and happy, also more confident in myself. Colours are more pronounced and rich. It feels a bit like when I first took Paroxetine.

I am definetaly going to keep experimenting with this, but I think I'll keep the doses much lower and use it theraputically, as I do suffer from from GAD.

could have warned you bout that dose being high DJ25, harm reduction vs head first, things must have gotten pretty incoherent over there. there is a chronologie in the experience i see. onset is very unnoticeable and slow, then beng drowsiness some loss of balance, i noticed giddyness.

but nothing i could really put my finger on. after the beng it resembled some aspects of ghb. some point later it felt a bit like comin up on mdma and there was some traces akin to ketamine dissociation. but after all my previous drug experiences and reading you automatically use that as references. but like you wrote kinda hard to explain it is unique.

i got lyrical at the peak which was a bit embarresing for a medication to do at a therapeutic dosage, but i am not complaining. after this i got the name given to this compound by pfizer.

it did hit me harder today then yesterday at the same dosage, but that could be accounted for by me getting more aware of the effects, and it feels like its effects linger on pretty long. i am def not baseline. i like it!

i got prescribed lyrica today, 150 mg's once a day before bed.

i have a pretty high tolerance for gabapentin, i do about 3-5 grams to cattch a nice high, but in the past couple of weeks i hardly one

will i be able to act straight in school of of 3 150 mg capsules? im sorry i wouldve done the math but fuck it im on top of the world with this oxycodone in me

so oral is the best method?

Lyrica

I was prescribed lyrica today... 50mg 3x's daily. I have been taking 7.5mg of Hydrocodone (3 pills) 3x's a day for the last 3 months...

I enjoy the high floaty feeling of the hydrocodone as well as the energy and pain relief that it gives.

Is there any chance that I am going to enjoy taking lyrica as much as I enjoy taking Hydrocodone? Will I need to take a higher dose than prescribed in order to get "that feeling"?

Any information will help... pros and cons BOTH

By "that feeling" do you mean the feeling of hydrocodone? If so, you will never get "that feeling" from lyrica, because its a totally different drug with a totally different mechanism of action.
Hydrocodone is an opioid. (Opioids feel good.) Lyrica (pregabalin) is not an opioid. It will feel totally different. I highly doubt you will like it nearly as much. Its just not the same.

Any information will help, you say?

Did you search?

Lyrica is going to make you feel drunk and run into walls. That's why people like it! Nowhere NEAR the same warm/energetic/at ease feeling you get from hydro.. Although, some people say that the Lyrica blends well with the opiate high... I never noticed a difference.

I don't know how to post links, but there's a thread specifically for Lyrica/Pregabalin. Lots of opinions and info there.

Merged Starsha's question into the Lyrica thread; also, re-naming and adding to the Mega Thread directory.

Who has died from shooting Lyrica? The oroginal poster said he thought injecting pregabalin was the best way to do it...

Does anyone actually have any experience doing this?

Lyrica barely does anything at all for me, but I am interested in using it to combat heroin withdrawals

^ Not sure if it's water soluble or not. I f it is then it can be IV'd like any other water soluble drug. Might be nice actually. I like Lyrica. It is pretty active orally at above 'recommended' doses.

will 75mgs lyrica help ya sleep?
Im out of hydro's till monday dammit.....
I have Lyrica but have never taken it

edarrin- What kind of doses are you talking about? I am prescribed 300mg/day and I have taken very large doses orally and even tried insufflation and barely got any sedation and no euphoria. I hear a lot of people say they enjoy lyrica but I haven't felt anything recreational for it... I just know its virtually a wonder drug for pain from my nerve damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.