• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I have been experimenting a bit further with this substance one week ago just took 1 day 150mg on an empty stomach and it was lovely, very subtle high with colour enhancement and some euphoria for the first hours. When it kicked it gave me some kind of stimulant effect but without the anxiety. My cognitive abilities were unaltered and I could read quite normaly.

Then 4 days after I had some phenibut ( which I loved when I didn't have my pregabalin but after pregabalin seems a bit toxic in comparison). In the subsequent day I started an unplanned binge of 3 days pregabalin. Tolerance is a real thing. And I needed to up dosages to get a similar effect ( went I think from 300mg to 900mg but I didn't record the data and I lost track really).

In any case every day was a bit more dissapointing and just went back to it for compulsion and not having very good days in general. It definetely helped my to pass through those days. Even with higher dosages my congnition was quite good, and at some points of the experience kind of enhanced, subtlely. Nothing crazy like methanphetamine, but my chess seemed to go quite well, which is for me the acid test for cognitive alteration for drugs, and I especially could keep the concentration for much longer than I can usually.

Today I woke up feeling foggy and slightly depressed and a bit kind of hangover. If I knew my tolerance wasn't through the roof already I might have dosed again, the tolerance might be a good thing as for high chasers is quite self-regulating. At least for the poor ones ;). I'll try to be a bit more disciplined in the future. I think the 150mg dose without any tolerance was the most satisfactory of all, but novelty and the starting point in mood level could have played a part on that.

ive been taking Lyrica for 6 yrs for diabetic neuropathy. RX ran out and i waited 2 days to get it filled. I DID NOT KNOW I WAS ADDICTED!! now im fuckin addicted to subs and Lyrica?? what a pussy drug to be addicted to.

Hey Neo,

That starting dose is wise Neo, I started at double that and it exacerbated my panic and anxiety which can happen but I was being given it for pain and back then I'd latch onto any drug that would ease pain.....it failed, as did every non-opioid drug until they also did. Take care Neo, I'm scripted 150 Ativan (lorazepam) every 6 weeks or 50 every 2 weeks and 100 Valium a month and every now and then throw in some Lyrica or maybe a tiny bit of clonodine or a lot if me and Toto need to go bye-bye to Kansas.

So here I am, 75 mg had no effect of any kind still anxious, so I took another one but ended up taking 300 all together (because it has very long come up and scared that 150 wont take my anxiety away so i doubled the dose). I must say that even 300 mg gave me moderate drunk walking and poor motor coordination (but not mentally any kind of high, that I was't even trying to get, just normal mental state, but I was less anxious around people). So took another 300mg after 4 hours, and after that I got relaxed feeling pretty socializing but not to the point like you can get from speed, just relaxed talking with people, nothing more, but it made my walking even worse. So while it did have anti-anxious properties it had nasty side-effect, the drunken walking, you can be like that in work, other people will think you are drunk. Maybe my starting doses were too high? Maybe I need to build up some tolerance and the poor motor coordination will go away?

I've never used Lyrica recreationally. My prescription is for spinal neuropathy. I can say though that the high/uphoria is very much like alcohol. I stumble my words, fall asleep, can't remember what happened, and wake up hungover. All exactly like alcohol, from 300 mg after not having used it for 3 or 4 days. Tolerance builds in a few days, and disappears just as fast.
It's great for sleep while in withdrawl from opiates or benzos.
For me 300mg Lyrica alone will get me awesome 8 hours sleep, no matter how bad I'm wd'ing from oxy(even better with 2mg Lorazepam!) I don't see it as much of a recreational drug, more like a great way to relax and sleep. Don't think you can use it on a Friday night and stay out late..... you'll be the guy at the party who falls asleep and gets a penis drawn on his forehead.

I've never used Lyrica recreationally. My prescription is for spinal neuropathy. I can say though that the high/uphoria is very much like alcohol. I stumble my words, fall asleep, can't remember what happened, and wake up hungover. All exactly like alcohol, from 300 mg after not having used it for 3 or 4 days. Tolerance builds in a few days, and disappears just as fast.
It's great for sleep while in withdrawl from opiates or benzos.
For me 300mg Lyrica alone will get me awesome 8 hours sleep, no matter how bad I'm wd'ing from oxy(even better with 2mg Lorazepam!) I don't see it as much of a recreational drug, more like a great way to relax and sleep. Don't think you can use it on a Friday night and stay out late..... you'll be the guy at the party who falls asleep and gets a penis drawn on his forehead.

I don'g tet sleepy on pregabalin ,only when it comes to sleeping time normally, but otherwise if even if I take 900 mg pregabalin on the morning, I'm not sleepy even not a little bit whole day but as soon it hits the normal sleeping pattern, I fall sleep vey fast, thats very good thing as I have sleeping problems, at least I don't need to use sleeping pills then. I never get any kind of hungover from pregabalin, I usually still feel the effects of pregabalin for me its very long lasting, even with over 2g doses (totally useless I say, don't do it waste of time, let the tolerance go low) I don't get any hungover. For me the pregabalin high that you cant get once a week which gives me more like GHB like high, not alcohol type.

I'm going to over clonazepam 2-4mg daily (I have high tolerance) for 4 days until my tolerance to pregalin lowers, so it works better again. Right now testing 300mg x 3 daily with 2-4mg clomazepam for short time and right now it works ok, but thats bad idea if continuing it for over month, might get both WDs when quitting. I usually use anti-anxious drugs only 1 month when I start new stop after that I don't need them, usually having at least 6 month breaks from them, maybe taking recreational doses every now and then but thats it.

Need to say my mood has been very stable and good (not euphoric just the normal goof feeling) even from 200 mg pregabalin after using huge doses of it (one day I used up to 5g, total waste of expensive drug, don't try it even its it's safe by papers, you just don't get any "high" only getting really bad drunk walk and your're brain feels like they are smelting talking is very hard as you forget every day words), so I can't really understand how any one can abuse it, its not abusable drug in my opinion, so can't understand why doctors have problems to prescribe for someone because of so called "high abusable drug". It would be sme like doctor would refuse to prescript and anti-histamine for you, because some people get "high from it". Yes pregabalin is great for combos, especially for benzos and opioids, but I don't know about speed or other drugs tho'

Last edited:
I recently came across 7 boxes of Lyrica, 3 blisters in ea box at my home. My mum had some nerve endings in her spine burnt and was prescribed them. That was 2 years ago, and I don't think she ever found use for them. They're amazing for stimulant comedowns and insomnia. I've been snorting 500mg on the weekends for fun, but a month ago I found it is FANTASTIC for my Restless Leg Syndrome. From reading in this thread, Lyrica seems like a godsent as far as it's applications go. Anyway, i've noticed from this thread that it's somewhat addictive. Should I be worried about 75mg on weeknights for sleeping?
Cheers.

I think Lyrica really helps those with General anxiety and therefore may have a positive effect for those suffering from social anxiety issues. Don't give up after your first time which should be a dose anywhere from 25mgs to 150mgs depending on your weight. Give the drug at least two hours before you make any assessment of it at any dose. If you are new to it and you find you require more than 900mgs per dose before it serves you the way you wish it to or think it can then in my opinion you should try other drugs to reach the desired goal. Pfizer recommends Dr's and patients to not exceed 600mgs over a 24hr period thus it being the max dose clinically prescribed.

Sadly I think it sux for nerve pain and I am told by those in the profession that the evidence is stacking up on that side of things which Pfizer will be aware of as they would have been the ones doing the largest studies (hopefully)....the member RuntoParadise has touched on the above but I think much like suboxone and even methadone in the very opiate tolerant like myself (Can IV 100mcg of Fentanyl straight from the vial and feel nothing at all after 24 hrs since my last 45mg dose of Methadone) Lyrica can have the illusion of helping with chronic pain but that pain is often the pain that is caused by chronic opioid and opiate use and the peaks and troughs those regimes are known for.

It takes some real soul searching and honesty (made much easier once your tolerance makes it almost completely impossible to feel good or euphoric in any way) to admit that opiates make you feel better due to opiate withdrawal symptoms and not pain, one of the symptoms of opi WD and high doses being pain on top of your pain condition. So Lyrica which clearly "tidies up" opiate WD symptoms can easily be mistaken as the hero in reducing my pain (original condition).

Some folks who WD every month due to eating through their monthly opiate allowance in two weeks then spend the next two weeks in WD but they can operate and appear to not even have cold and flu symptoms a few days into such a WD as long as they have a warm blanket of Lyrica wrapped around them.

I remember when I transferred from Oxycodone and OxyContin to suboxone, I had to wait 24 hrs since my last Oxy dose and had resigned myself to a bad night before my first sub dose cos at the time I was completely useless @ the 12-15hr mark between oxy doses so 24hrs would have me punching /kicking walls from restless hands feet arms and legs not to mention some decent nausea to accompany the sneezes, tearing eyes and worst of all for me panic, anxiety and manic depression but loaded with Lyrica I still felt ok which then had me worrying that I wasn't sick enough to avoid a precip WD from the suboxone.....Lyrica is great at managing those WD symptoms cos I took my first 2mg strip, waited 30mins then took another 2mg strip and about 30mins later I felt a tingle crawl over my skin - I had officially replaced full ag opies with a partial ag suboxone due to its incredible affinity for the receptors that needed attention......amazing.

But Lyrica is the equal star of that show truly amazing. Just did fuck all for any pain not related to my opiate use. And yes Lyrica does have it's own set of physical WD symptoms ..... another lie started by Pfizer and parroted by many GP's.

Just snorted 300 mg pregabalin and it works! Comeup in 15min pretty euphoric even. Doesnt matter what other people say, if it doesnt work or placebo whatever. It works, maybe wastign it little bit but doesnt matter if you have tons of it. Lots of filler yes so not so good for lungs. But yeah I think I start my dya with 300 mg snorted and then few hourws later taking 300mg orally. at least this way it works almost instantly and has stronger effect (all hits the same time, instead of depot like effect what you get from eating, especially if you take it after eating.

Anybody taking Lyrica should first Google the withdrawal symptoms. Some people have none, but a small percentage have miserable, life-altering wd's after only a few weeks use. I have personally experienced wd's after only a few days use. I have to taper off slowly or I get bad insomnia.

Anybody taking Lyrica should first Google the withdrawal symptoms. Some people have none, but a small percentage have miserable, life-altering wd's after only a few weeks use. I have personally experienced wd's after only a few days use. I have to taper off slowly or I get bad insomnia.

Never experienced from 1 week use when used the for stopping opioid use, but now I have used 2 weeks high doses (1g daily) and tomorrow I run out of them, we will see, if there is any wds I have clonazepam. But lets hope the best. I might get prescript for lyrica 300mg x3 daily because its only medicine that lifts my mood and take my anxiety away, ssris are worse, abusign is no problem, because you can really abuse them after few days you just dont get that ghb feel anymore, need at least 1 week break.

Well today didn't take pregabalin anymore (only 75mg left, better save it for better use), I took iuusually 1g per day for 2 weeks, and I feel depressed and little bit like opioid WD's, also I stopped taking clonazepam 2-8mg daily (did for two weeks). Well maybe thye both cause shit feeling, I took some opium and I still can feel the sweeting, I was already thinking that my inregular chipping of opiopids caused this, but seems I was wrong. Well lets hope this dont give me opium wds, lol then Im fucked and need to get GHB or phenibut.

^Id say it's the clonaz. At those high doses then going straight. Yeah, ull feel shit.

Was never really into benzos,- still scripted them though. Hear it's much, much worse than opie wds.

Feel better soon

Rtp

^Id say it's the clonaz. At those high doses then going straight. Yeah, ull feel shit.

Was never really into benzos,- still scripted them though. Hear it's much, much worse than opie wds.

Feel better soon

Rtp

Yes thanks. I think its clonazepam. I never have had wds from even one month daily lyrica use. I don't really enjoy benzos after a while, I still have big bottle of clonazepam laying there, I'll keep them for some real reason (anxiety) if I ever need them, I hope not, I ask doctor if he can prescript me lyricas 150x3 daily for few months, they seems to be great anti-depressants too, and also maybe after this opium binge I need them.

I went from 600mg/day to 500mg a week ago. Felt aches all over my body, RLS, mood swings. Not good and worried for my sanity I stopped that 500 cold turkey on Sunday and all the withdrawal symptoms are going fast with NO psychological residue.

What is this stuff?!?

(It's great too. 600-900mg is going to be my booze replacement once at homeostasis)

^ I read the link. There are huge varieties in experience with this drug. If you dont get much out of BL then maybe you are best off elsewhere.

I got prescribed this for a busted disc in my back and had never heard of it being used for anything but nerve pain.

^ I read the link. There are huge varieties in experience with this drug. If you dont get much out of BL then maybe you are best off elsewhere.

I got prescribed this for a busted disc in my back and had never heard of it being used for anything but nerve pain.

In here they give to to anxiety too, I told I don't want to eat benzos and not single antidepressant works (tried all that they give here), 600mg pregabalin daily takes my anxiety away completely and gives me normal mood, I can socialize with people normally go where I want not feeling any anxiety, it's good medicine for anxiety, and in the link there are people who have been on it 300x3 daily for years and it still works. Don't get me wrong I like bluelight, but it's like we are all here badly addicted to everything and we need harm reduction and so on. Is there any more laid back drug forum?

I'm on day 7 now. It hasn't been the best ride and I've done a lot of thinking. I've been more or less constantly in a horrible state of flux this whole time. Sometimes it lets up and I get so happy I cry, other times I feel dead. It's more anxiety than depression and on the whole it does seem to be getting better.

I need to talk to my doc about this. It's as if, all of a sudden some months ago, it stopped working for me. Pains returned, I got the runs, I started to worry again. That's when I thought I should come off it but didn't do.

So when I did go cold turkey it's as if the majority of the utter scary and shit part was skipped.