• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I love lyrica. Its the only thing I can get away with taking for fun these days that I cant get in trouble for. Im prescribed it and the addiction treatment center I go to doesn't check levels.

For recreation I take what im sure is an excessive amount but I AM an addict and like I said its all ive got. I take mine generally like this: 8 225mg lyrica. Second day... 10 225mg lyrica. Wait 5-7 days and take 8 225mg. Wait a few more and take 10. Until they run out. Thankfully I get gabapentin as well, and a decent amount (for now...my new dr is taking me off it cuz her supervisor is an ass), to take once the lyrica is gone.

Works GREAT for opiate wd for sure. Thankfully im on suboxone at the moment, prescribed, but I fear the day ill need them again for that. I like lyrica for anxiety, my nerve issues/pain and my overall mood. -take them orally, always. Works too well that way to fuck around doing shitty experiments;)

I been taking 600mg pregabalin for 3 years.
When i first took it 350mg would get me battered, mild hallucinations, amazing sense of well being, my friends would snort the 75mg capsules and sdaid it go them chilled, one friend took 150mg and said it got rid of his mephedrone comedown, one friend took 600mg with no tolerance as he needed to sleep it knocked him out he said 3hours later he felt pissed up and stoned. definitely recreational and heroin addicts love it as gets rid of rattle since they have no tolerance, it also makes methadone euphoric.
I took 900mg pregabalin and 7.5mg zopiclone and 5mg diazepam 10hours after 120mg morphine as I had none to last me till next morning the morphine.
I felt a nice high and chilled I smoked a spliff and was watching youtube videos bam 28hours later I wake up thinking its friday evening, the day said saturday madness. It was good though as I got to take my morphine all in one go and had some weed left hehe.

When i went thru opioid wds a little over 3 months ago i got lyrica for wds. I did around 450mgs lyrica the first day of wds i noticed the nerve pain in my feet was so much better on lyrica. I also had weed brownies i made for wds, the combo left me pretty wasted the first couple days of wds which was something i didnt expect during wds very pleasant!. Anyhow now i have plenty lyrica left as i dont do it more than 2 or 3 times a week only on my worse nerve pain days. I really dont wanna end up with another pill i need daily after over 20 years on oxy daily, but it helps so much with the nerve pain in my feet. Im wondering does the relief for nerve pain last if you stay at 150mgs a day longterm or do you constantly have to increase dose. Another thing that worries me is the weight gain is the weight gain substantial even staying at 150mgs daily. I read Wellbutrin can counter the weight gain anybody here do both together?.

Last edited:
I wish the FDA would approve this for anxiety. Doctors here in America will just direct you to gabapentin but it is such an inefficient drug.

Anyone know if the approval for anxiety is in the works? Lyrica would be an awesome long term anxiolytic compared to benzos.

I wish the FDA would approve this for anxiety. Doctors here in America will just direct you to gabapentin but it is such an inefficient drug.

Anyone know if the approval for anxiety is in the works? Lyrica would be an awesome long term anxiolytic compared to benzos.

The FDA doesn't just approve drugs. For lyrica to be approved for anxiety, Pfizer will have to be pony up for another round of clinical trials. However, a bill was recently signed into law that will make it easier for pharma companies to approve drugs for multiple indications, so it's highly likely that it will be eventually taken through phase III clinical trials for anxiety. That said, it doesn't need FDA approval to be prescribed, and most doctors know that it can be an effective anxiety medication. The main reason some doctors shy away from pregabalin is that it can be very expensive for patients.

^^ Agreed. It is expensive!! We met our $10,000 deductible in 2016 after my husband was diagnosed with cancer. He was prescribed lyrica for neuropathy that the chemo was causing. And he got one bottle filled. He hated the stuff (didn't agree with his neuro chemistry). But I loved the stuff.

Gabapentin is much more affordable. But my god the amount you have to take is ridiculous. I know people that take over 3 grams of the stuff daily!

I'm going to get some lyrica on Friday but thought about asking the doc for gaba since its cheaper...can u really get off on gaba the same as lyrica?

I'm going to get some lyrica on Friday but thought about asking the doc for gaba since its cheaper...can u really get off on gaba the same as lyrica?

It all depends on the person but for me i dont think i can take enough gabapentin to feel like 300 or 450mgs of lyrica. Lyrica effects me different makes me happy a bit stumbly but really a nice buzz and great mood. I get some good effects from gabapentin but not all and lyrica seems so much dam stronger. Both do help with my nerve pain in my feet but again lyrica helps more.

I was prescribed Lyrica for siatica/back pain starting at 75 mg 2x daily then slowly up to 75 mg 6xdaily. Doctor reduced oxy 50% and replaced with Lyrica and Tramadol. The Lyica did nothing for pain. If it had I would still be taking it regularly. The high feeling side effects stop after a few weeks but it was the same with oxy for me. I only gained 5 lbs. in 8 months on Lyrica, not everyone gains. So I weaned off the Lyrica and down to splitting the 75 mg cap a day. No real withdrawal problems except some nausea.
If Lyica reduces your pain consider yourself very lucky, you can take up to 600 mg a day every day.
The trams helped a bit with pain but they make me happy so those I take.

Does anyone else feel "out there" like totally space case type stuff when on Lyrica yes for me it helps significantly

Unfortunately I would have to agree, it would be a week from hell. Sometimes I can work it so I have extra MSTs and Valium at start of a new script, to then help have a week off, as I also agree that's all it takes for the Lyrica to become more active again

It all depends on the person but for m
e i dont think i can take enough gabapentin to feel like 300 or 450mgs of lyrica. Lyrica effects me different makes me happy a bit stumbly but really a nice buzz and great mood. I get some good effects from gabapentin but not all and lyrica seems so much dam stronger. Both do help with my nerve pain in my feet but again lyrica helps more.
I agree Lyrica works differently on everyone and I believe it to be much more effective for pain. anxiety and recreational use than gabapentin.

After 2 days of recreative dosage of pregabalin (300mg+300mg and 500mg+275mg) I got a strong headache. I thought it was not producing hangover, and the first day didn't. Suppose I might have overdo it a bit going 2 days in a row. Not my initial plan, but I couldn't stop myself from doing it. Both days it knock me out in the middle of the high.
All and all very interesting compound. I was expexting something in between phenibut and GHB and I wasn't dissapointed. I think it is something in between if more to the side of GHB. Anyway it has its own nature. Quite emphatic, though second day the magic was reduced tremendously. Music was clearly enhanced and I could get in the zone playing my instrument. My mental functions seemed unaltered and I could play chess with no problems at all, I was just maybe a bit more spaced out sometimes and slow but not worse. Main inconvenient was the loss of cordination which made activities like typing much more challenging than normaly.

I love Lyrica ! Been on 600mg daily for the last 2 years & it helps greatly with my severe GADm, if I miss a dose I feel dreadful though, withdrawal from such a high dose is not pretty so I'm dreading the time when I come off of it.

A friend, who as a medical professional keeps themselves well informed (One of the few that actually do) and will fill me in to certain bits of info they come across when it concerns a drug or therapy related to chronic pain or other shit I'm associated with and they say that there are ever increasing questions, queries and a self evident picture forming in Dr's offices regarding the failures of Lyrica and this is being reflected by such professionals publishing articles in the medical journals with respect to Lyrica doing very little for neuropathic pain.

I have consistent reports of my GP using it in place of benzos and he reckons he has some patients stabilised with regard to their anxiety conditions at Lyrica doses of 25-75mgs which is great imo.

Hell of a good drug to have on hand for opiate related withdrawal which made my switch from 500mgs per day of Oxycodone IR to suboxone. At 24hrs since my last dose ready to take my first sub strip I felt better than I had on other days with less time between Oxy doses.

Last edited:
Im tired of taking kpins /6mg daily for past 2 weeks) so Im getting lyrica from black market, witching to it, starting from 75mg, how long the anti-anxiety effect last from one dose? I can rise it up to 300mg daily, I have quite of lyrica so I can play with it. Also might take sometimes same recreational doses like 600mg, I heard that after one week break tehy work again like GHB on high doeses, am I right? Not that going to do it daily I need it for anxiety and mood stabilzation, so I need it to last.

Hey Neo,

That starting dose is wise Neo, I started at double that and it exacerbated my panic and anxiety which can happen but I was being given it for pain and back then I'd latch onto any drug that would ease pain.....it failed, as did every non-opioid drug until they also did. Take care Neo, I'm scripted 150 Ativan (lorazepam) every 6 weeks or 50 every 2 weeks and 100 Valium a month and every now and then throw in some Lyrica or maybe a tiny bit of clonodine or a lot if me and Toto need to go bye-bye to Kansas.

Hey Neo,

That starting dose is wise Neo, I started at double that and it exacerbated my panic and anxiety which can happen but I was being given it for pain and back then I'd latch onto any drug that would ease pain.....it failed, as did every non-opioid drug until they also did. Take care Neo, I'm scripted 150 Ativan (lorazepam) every 6 weeks or 50 every 2 weeks and 100 Valium a month and every now and then throw in some Lyrica or maybe a tiny bit of clonodine or a lot if me and Toto need to go bye-bye to Kansas.

Yeah, Ive experienced with lyrica before, 600mg gave me ghb like high. 300mg gave me speed like high, so I think something like 150mg would be sweet spot for work. Im going to use them not longer than 2 months, I dont think that would give any bad wds? I started new work and I always need something to calm me of because I always fear that I loose the job, but after 3 months, its unlikely they do it. So far ive worked very well on kpins even at 4mg. I hope lyricas will be good for that.