• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I tought pregabalin + temazepam wouldn't hurt. I was very wrong:\ I acted like an extremely drunken fool and I had the worst retrogade amnesia of my life (a whole list of things I did that I have no memory off)

I'm on my day 5 clean of Suboxone after 7 months with this, after 4 years of addiction to opiates. I know pretty well Lyrica as Neurontin because I took them a few times in the past for GAD (Neurontin only in one treatment), and when I quit opiates and started with Suboxone, the dr prescribed me 300mg pregabalin/day, but a few months ago I started to reduce the dose gradually for the side effects like dizziness, confusion, lethargy.. (I guess the side effects were too from bupe).

Now my question is: it's worth take pregabaline for PAWS after quit Suboxone? The positive effects are better than side effects? I'm in only 25mg of pregabalin at nights since a few months, but I was reading about PAWS and some users report that this prolongs in time a lot of months, and someone said that without pregabalin/gabapentin the PAWS is unbearable. It is truth? It worth it up the dose again of pregabalin to 75 or 150mg to pass the months of PAWS and stay more normal, or these could be bearable without enter in pregabalin again?

In my experience pregabalin is a wonderful Aid in suboxone withdrawal. Especially if you don't have tolerance, slowly build up the effective dose as tolerance grows.

I recently had a situation in which I was without pregabalin for a period of 5 days (450mg a day) I don't exactly know where it went off to but either a friend took 5 days worth of it or the pharmacy shorted me which I am not ruling out because it was not a sealed bottle when I received it.

Serendipitously my father had just stopped taking Gabapentin and I was able to grab the rest of his 1200mg a day dose. He happens to have exactly five days supply. It worked well enough that I wasn't in horrible withdrawal, but I was very tired much of the time and occasionally felt feverish and just overall a bit crummy.

In my experience pregabalin is a wonderful Aid in suboxone withdrawal. Especially if you don't have tolerance, slowly build up the effective dose as tolerance grows.

I recently had a situation in which I was without pregabalin for a period of 5 days (450mg a day) I don't exactly know where it went off to but either a friend took 5 days worth of it or the pharmacy shorted me which I am not ruling out because it was not a sealed bottle when I received it.

Serendipitously my father had just stopped taking Gabapentin and I was able to grab the rest of his 1200mg a day dose. He happens to have exactly five days supply. It worked well enough that I wasn't in horrible withdrawal, but I was very tired much of the time and occasionally felt feverish and just overall a bit crummy.

Thanks for your answer, maybe I will reconsider up my dose of pregabalin to 75mg. In what aspects you say that it's a wonderful aid? In the mood, the body fatigue, the insomnia... I would prefer don't increase the dose of pregabalin, cause I know that the withdrawal of this sucks too (obviously no comparation with Suboxone or any opiate), but if this could help me remarkably in the next few months with the PAWS, I think worth it then.

I had a grump on yesterday, then I found an old 100mg lyrica cap in the cupboard. Rest of my day was lovely, haha.

I'm prescribed 300mg lyrica twice a day for pain in my spine caused by mild kyphosis. Needless to say, because of the quick building tolerance, and addictive personality, I run out very quickly. I make sure I have at least 100mg a day until the next refill to avoid really bad withdrawal but my point is that after using only tiny amounts a few weeks the tolerance remains. When I got my refill I took about 3g and didn't notice much of a high.
Has anyone noticed the horrible constipation this stuff causes?
One more thing, it's a miracle drug for amphetamine come downs.

After I stopped taking up to 150 mg of lyrica daily for a couple months, I had muscle twitches (mostly in my legs) constantly for weeks after I stopped. Its really not a big deal since its finally gone, but it seems strange that it lasted so long after any other WD symptom was present. I'm certain it was from the lyrica WD because it was always one of the first things I noticed if I missed a dose.

Anyone else experience this weird effect?

Yep good old Lyrica. In my opinion a very fun recreational drug. For me I usually take 700mg of it. 1 hour in and I start feeling the effects of relaxing euphoria accompanied by pleasent body sensations, a drunk feeling, XTC and valium all combined. But tolerance is a bitch so after good night on Lyrica I stay away from it for a good month.

Plus this stuff last for AGES. Ide say at least 12 hours with a nice afterglow the following day if taken in the late afternoon.

10/10 for this prescription

Depending on ROA. If it was me I would take your dose of lyrica first and then wait for effects to roll on through and then take your opiate of choice. Lyrica last WAY longer than any opiate out there

To synergize with opiates, do you dose at the same time or is there a timing issue?
Lyrica takes about 2 hours before I feel it. So depending on what my goals are for the night I would take the opiate an hour and a half after the lyrica so they both come on at the same time. With tramadol I would take them at the same time since they both take about the same to hit (minus the snri effect) with kratom it depends on my mood, sometimes at the same time since kratom is so short lasting I use the lyrica to take over once the kratom "buzz" fades.

With benzos (temazepam specifically) 2 hours before, it makes them hit pretty damn hard, same with alcohol (light drinking only).

To synergize with opiates, do you dose at the same time or is there a timing issue?
Lyrica can take up to two hours to kick in. And you definitely want the lyrica to be working before you take the opiate. Otherwise you'll waste your opiate and then your lyrica will kick in

Lyrica can take up to two hours to kick in. And you definitely want the lyrica to be working before you take the opiate. Otherwise you'll waste your opiate and then your lyrica will kick in

thanks for the responses. I just go my refill of 90, 150mg pills. I'm probably at 1350mg over the last 10 hours. I feel it strong. I'll give my last dose a little time and then dose the percocet. Maybe some Valium a little later. I have a tolerance, so no worries there.

Hello RTP. I have learned with this medication that timing is everything. I agree that it dampens and depending on the dosage, I have found it strong enough to overpower opiates and benzodiazepines.
I just came off a 15 day break from the Lyrica. If I continue to use at this dose, I'll run out, so after today, proper stacking.

I am working on making it (300mg to 450mg daily of Lyrica/pregabalin) interact optimally with up to 40mg of Valium Prn and up to 15mg of oxycodone 5/325). The other pain relever is 15mg to 30 mg of dextroamphetamine ER. That stuff really works wonders when taken with the oxycodone 5/325. They complement each other because the dextroamphetamine streaches out the pain medicine.

This is all based on harm reduction using the lowest dosages possible.. Some days are better then others.

450mg a day is the optimal daily dose of pregabalin. Some doctors go as high as 900mg a day, which is equivalent to 3600mg of gabapentin - which is the maximum daily dose for that drug. Lyrica is six times as potent as gabapentin in terms of binding affinity to the alpha2delta auxiliary subunit of the voltage gated calcium channel.

But when I took lyrica, I found 450 (150 tid ) to work the best.

He means taking a pill every so often to "stack" the effect. It's used primarily with gabapentin. This isn't needed with Lyrica and not something I'd do as the tolerance accumulation is quite rapid...