• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The LSD testing thread

i was refering to the OP with my post...

i have access to large amounts of this liquid "acid" that is going around. i am pretty sure it is actually 5-MEO-AMT, because of the effects and all. so i got myself 1mL of the liquid (supposed to be a ten strip), and gave it to my closest friend whom has a police nacotics reagent kit. he dipped a toothpick in the liquid and then dipped it in the reagent (for LSD 25) and it tested positive imedeately!
any help would be appriciated..

4-7mg could be disolvable in a ml of liquid....

Your looking at 10 doses, so 40-70mg in a ml of liquid... Might be doable, it would probably have to be very saturated though....

wheras if it was LSD you would be looking for a total amount of chemical being in the ballpark of 1mg. Which is a very tiny amount.

I have no experience with 5-MeO-AMT, so i could not tell you how it taste. But generally acid in the form of liquid is going to be tasteless...

The bitter hofmanns could be caused by the ink, assuming everything else checks out about them as far as duration and whatnot... 8mm seems a little large for most blotter i have taken, i have taken some that were around that size. It was clean white though... Ordinarily on a typical sized blotter your not going to be fitting more than a mg into 1....

The bitter hofmanns could be caused by the ink, assuming everything else checks out about them as far as duration and whatnot... 8mm seems a little large for most blotter i have taken, i have taken some that were around that size. It was clean white though... Ordinarily on a typical sized blotter your not going to be fitting more than a mg into 1....

I thought the Hofmanns smelt of anise / licorice, so they may have been laid with Jagermeister or Sambucca... You can find explanations for this but it's still a red flag.

A typical blotter IME is 6mm. These ones would be about 1,5 times the surface.

I had similar hofmann blotters, which were also large size, and had a bitter taste, but instead of the years under the bicycle picture it had the text "original" and on the back side there was a picture of the LSD molecule. Oh and the picture on the blotters was pixelated, looked very homemade...

The effects of these blotters were exactly like LSD but were over in 6 hours.

Although, my friend said he had had these blotters tested and they tested positive for LSD. Who knows though. LSM is supposed to be very much like LSD except for shorter duration and higher dosage. Maybe it could also be confused for LSD in some tests due to the very similar structure.

I had some hoffman blotter, the exact same posted a few posts back, and it was DEFINITELY bitter! However, it was hard to tell if it was acid (only had 1 tab).

Well there's a whole argument on the Shroomery about this batch, but I want to know once for all and I was wondering if the Chlorine test would work (ie if it destroys LSD but not 5-MeO-AMT.

I also had it only once and it didn't give me the clear-headed acid vibe that I so love, in fact quite the oposite.

Easy to check if you have liquid lsd. Put 1 drop on a material that won't soak the drop, lets it evaporate, if it's lsd, you will most likely not see much at all. If it is 5-meo-amt or DOX, there would be x mg's of substance, clearly visible to observe.

Very easy and reliable test.

I have eaten and given away lots of the Hoffman blotter with the Ohm on the back.

No one has thought it was anything else besides LSD.
It is definitly not 5-meo-amt i have taken that and would know the difference for sure.

I will be testing this blotter with an LSD testing kit soon and will post my results for sure, along with the same test testing a sample WoW that is for sure LSD

I believe that the new Hoffmans are indeed LSD but we will let science tell us that for sure.

Yeah I hope too I'm wrong and my one experience was a fluke. Psychedelic experiences are very variable.

If the LSD testing kit you're talking about is Ehrlich reagent (which most are), be aware that it cannot tell apart indoles so it cannot rule out 5-MeO-AMT.

There are some people on the Shroomery too running a TLC and they will post the results.

It would be great if it was clean acid as it is a potent blotter.

To be fair, there's probably tons of different Hofmann batches around the globe though, it just might be the most popular design out there (if not, then one of the...)

i doubt 5 meo amt would hit on an lsd test but i also heard that those field tests strips are sensitive to alot of chemicals. my understanding is that it is one or a couple different chems that turn blue when dropped on a drug. I was busted in missouri with alot of chems and my foxy as well as my 2ce hit on amphetamines/meth field test.

i doubt 5 meo amt would hit on an lsd test but i also heard that those field tests strips are sensitive to alot of chemicals. my understanding is that it is one or a couple different chems that turn blue when dropped on a drug. I was busted in missouri with alot of chems and my foxy as well as my 2ce hit on amphetamines/meth field test.

Yeah alot of field tests used by law enforcement are highly innacurate. Common household objects can trigger those.

To be fair, there's probably tons of different Hofmann batches around the globe though, it just might be the most popular design out there (if not, then one of the...)

Yeah but the details differ. Also, if you know your source you can be reasonably sure you're not getting a copycat.

But considering LSD being a tryptamine or not, why do you experience tryptamine cross toleration with lsd and psilocybin/and or other tryptamines?

Because they are both 5HT2a agonists (ie. they work on the same receptors in your brain). :)

I have some of the 'controversial' Hofmann blotter pictured here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=7371225&postcount=587

and I am uncertain about its identity. Based on my (limited) experience of about 10 tryptamines, PEA's and amphetamines, I would say it is not an amphetamine, it has a general tryptamine feel but does not feel like acid. I've had only one experience though and can't be sure if it's because of me or because of the substance on the blotter.

Is there a low-tech do-it-at-home test that I can do? Some people talked of boiling it, but others said LSD is not all that heat-sensitive after all. Maybe a chlorine-based solution? Would that destroy LSD but not 5-MeO-AMT or other possible adulterants?

Also, are there more salient characteristics of the 5-MeO-AMT trip that would help distinguishing it? I have no experience with it but my trip on the Hofmann blotter was spent on the border between sleep and waking, in a pretty confused headspace. Is 5-MeO-AMT more stimulating?

LSD will fluoresce under UV light. If you put a blotter in a small amount of water (like 0.5 ml) and put it near a blacklight, the solution should turn from clear to milky white.

Can you describe the subjective differences in more detail? Good experience overall? Some of these made their way to my doorstep as well so I'm curious.

I don't have a blacklight or I'd do the test myself.

I have some of the 'controversial' Hofmann blotter pictured here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=7371225&postcount=587

and I am uncertain about its identity. Based on my (limited) experience of about 10 tryptamines, PEA's and amphetamines, I would say it is not an amphetamine, it has a general tryptamine feel but does not feel like acid. I've had only one experience though and can't be sure if it's because of me or because of the substance on the blotter.

Is there a low-tech do-it-at-home test that I can do? Some people talked of boiling it, but others said LSD is not all that heat-sensitive after all. Maybe a chlorine-based solution? Would that destroy LSD but not 5-MeO-AMT or other possible adulterants?

Also, are there more salient characteristics of the 5-MeO-AMT trip that would help distinguishing it? I have no experience with it but my trip on the Hofmann blotter was spent on the border between sleep and waking, in a pretty confused headspace. Is 5-MeO-AMT more stimulating?

I've come across some same-looking ones too here in Western Europe. They were very thick (never had any so thick blotters), had a bitter taste. First time I took only a quarter of them, and that already made me feel ill, though no real effects. The illness was if my stomach was somewhat upset, and I felt pretty shitty in my head too. I said to myself "this can't be this tiny amount of blotter you took"... So next time I took about a half of it, and oh boy, I regret doing that. I got cramps all over the body, I had diarrhea, I felt an unbelievable pressure in my head as if somebody was pumping blood into it with huge force, which amounted in exceedingly big headaches, then I had the feeling I couldn't breathe any air anymore and my chest started hurting. I almost thought I was gonna die, and nearly lost consciousness a few times and began hyperventilating. I felt aftereffects for days, mostly in the chest in the heart region and still this "pressure" in the head that led to headaches.
Now a few days ago, I got some liquid (dropped on sugar cubes), the guy assuring me it's "very good acid" and I just tried a very tiny amount, but again got diarrhea and mostly of all day-lasting headaches... So some really bad stuff is floating around at the moment it seems. Have no idea if it's LSD or not, or if it's badly synthesized and I'm making some bad (allergic?) reaction to it (other people apparently didn't have this violent body reactions to it, so I might react bad to something in it?); all I can say is that I've taken LSD about 30 times, sometimes there was a small body load, a slight(!) uneasiness in the stomach, sometimes not, but this kind of reaction is something I haven't experienced before with any drug. I would really like to know what is the cause of this, but more than likely I'll never find out... For all of this "LSD", it took at least 3 hours before any visual distortion was noticed, which is very long, as normally they do start occuring within 45-60 min for "normal" LSD.
Last words: Be careful not dropping bitter tasting blotters all at once, I wouldn't want anybody to be in the state I was a few weeks ago.

1.LSD will fluoresce under UV light. If you put a blotter in a small amount of water (like 0.5 ml) and put it near a blacklight, the solution should turn from clear to milky white.

2.Can you describe the subjective differences in more detail? Good experience overall? Some of these made their way to my doorstep as well so I'm curious.

1. From what I've read, other substances may glow too on blacklight so it may not be conclusive.

2. I took 1 Hofmann blotter and I felt the first effects after about 1-1:30hr. I put it down to having had a full stomach when taking them. I got some chills as I almost always do with psychedelics and my temperature was 37,7 Celsius (100 Fahrenheit). There was no other body load to speak of.

On the come-up I was very drowsy and my thinking was confused, somewhat like on mushrooms although not to the same extent. Usually with LSD, my mind is hyper-clear and I feel energetic and rested, although not overstimulated. This drowsiness lasted throughout most of the trip, it didn't leave me until I was coming way down, although it subsided a bit on the plateau. Unlike mushrooms though, I could snap out of it if I made a conscious effort and think and see normally. It was more like being sleepy.

The visuals from 1 blotter consisted of distortions and dancing patterns, flowing shapes and on the come-down I also got some CEV's, but pretty faint and not very complex. They were geometric and symmetrical, whereas from acid I usually get exquisitely complex organic forms which I can shape at will, in real time, whereas these felt imposed and fixed, like on the other psychedelics.

Nevertheless, I felt that this material was very visual for the dose and level of mindfuck, as I tripped in my home and I very rarely get any kind of visuals in such a familiar environment.

I came down slowly, being left with some residual energy and amplification of colors which lasted well into the next day.

As I said this felt like a tryptamine to me, I wouldn't worry about it being a DOx. And I haven't tried 5-MeO-AMT so I can not make a comparison.

Bear in mind that this was the only time I've taken these Hofmanns and it may be an idiosyncratic experience. I'll try them again in a week or two and maybe the TLC results will be back too.

@zoolook: my blotters were not very thick but not paper-thin either.

I dropped two tabs and this time I had a great experience. It was similar enough to my previous experiences with LSD that I would conclude it's clean. I can't be sure until the TLC results are in, but either way I don't care anymore as whatever it is it's just as good.

It was a very visual experience, with objects bending and morphing into Van Gogh furniture, 3D tunnels of embroidery made of lightning and mother of pearl carpets on the pavement.

It also gave me a rebirth the sort of which I've had few times on any psychedelic, an intellectual and emotional clarity which allowed subconscious processes to be untangled and conclusions to be crystallized and formulated into stable lessons to be remembered.

On the come-down I drank some beers that affected my trip so I didn't get a chance to check for some of the landmarks of an acid trip, like the 'LSD sight' that shows the world anew. But I'll be trying more of it :)

^That's a compelling testament to the power of set and setting. ;)

And for what it's worth, a solution with the aforementioned blotter did fluoresce under UV light. It's not 5-meo-amt.