View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The LSD testing thread

crackforkids

Bluelighter
i have access to large amounts of this liquid "acid" that is going around. i am pretty sure it is actually 5-MEO-AMT, because of the effects and all. so i got myself 1mL of the liquid (supposed to be a ten strip), and gave it to my closest friend whom has a police nacotics reagent kit. he dipped a toothpick in the liquid and then dipped it in the reagent (for LSD 25) and it tested positive imedeately!
any help would be appriciated..

Well, they are both tryptamines (although LSD is a very complex one). I'm not surprised your standard reagent shows the same results. However, if a sample was sent to a lab, it would be pretty obvious it's not LSD with a more rigorous test.

I have seen this liquid acid going around as well, sometimes for crazy prices a vial, sometimes for cheap. What are the primary differences? Ive read numerous threads covering this topic, but 'crackforkids' mentioned he knew because of 'the effects and all'. Im in the bay area, what effects made it distinguishable?

I was mainly asking if he was from the bay area, and if he tried the 'LSD' what effects he felt etc specifically, in case it was the same stuff.

You're wrong about LSD being Tryptamine, but shrooms is... LSD is equipped with Phenethylamine, and Indolethylamine exoskeleton.

And if the trip lasts more than 8 hours, it's not LSD. 5MeO-AMT lasts approx 12 hours or longer, and giving you a bad case of nausea. Try placing them under a blacklight to see if they'll glow or not, I mean LSD glows under blacklight.

MindDash said:
You're wrong about LSD being Tryptamine, but shrooms is... LSD is equipped with Phenethylamine, and Indolethylamine exoskeleton.

And if the trip lasts more than 8 hours, it's not LSD. 5MeO-AMT lasts approx 12 hours or longer, and giving you a bad case of nausea. Try placing them under a blacklight to see if they'll glow or not, I mean LSD glows under blacklight.

although there is some debate on whether LSD-25 is really a tryptamine, it usually is regarded as a tryptamine (ever wonder why LSD is in TIHKAL?)

An LSD trip last only 8 hours? That ain't acid, that's fucking BUNK shit, fool.

I was gonna say, when I took 500ug+ of LSD, I tripped for a solid 24 hours. The peak began to diminish at around eight hours, but I tripped well into the next day not getting sleep until the next night.

LSD a tryptamine?

LSD has the tryptamine skeleton incorporated into the 4 ring lyseric acid molecule (tryptamine being regarded as an amine nitrogen separated from the 3 position of indole by two carbon atoms. I've included a little pic for anyone who can't visualize what I mean (also shows how lysergic acid is also a 4-substituted tryptamine (a la psilocin) although the 4 position is substituted with a carbon atom in LSD (part of C ring), rather than an oxygen as with psilocin.
In diag, tryptamine skeleton is in red

Attachments

• lsd tryptamine skeleton.jpg
    lsd tryptamine skeleton.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 455
Well, if you trip then you trip. Either way, you have some halluniogenic kick-ass material. Dont be too pessimistic about the whole thing.

I strongly doubt that 5-MeO-AMT would turn up positive for LSD... very strongly doubt it.

Considering it tested positive for lsd, it may just be lsd. Put a drop on a piece of blotter and put it under a black light. If it glows, its acid. And if not........

But considering LSD being a tryptamine or not, why do you experience tryptamine cross toleration with lsd and psilocybin/and or other tryptamines?

And if the trip lasts more than 8 hours, it's not LSD.

you dont even have to take more than 4-5 hits to have a trip lasting longer than 8 hours (on lsd).

however 5-meo-amt will certainly last longer than 10-12 hours, with most people experiencing effects lasting ~18 hours. if you take a single hit, and it lasts less than 10 hours, chances are its lsd (Assuming its only one or the other).

waiting a long time to experience the effects of the drug is a good sign it is 5-MeO-AMT
most good acid i felt first alerts at around 15 minutes or so
5-MeO takes significantly longer (sometimes hours) for the first effects to be felt

I realize these substances can be quite different, but unless you have previously tasted verified samples of both substances, subjective effects are not a good way to tell the difference between 5-meo-amt and LSD. I certainly wouldn't reccomend to newbie to try to use subjective effects to tell the difference (though I would wonder if a bunch of newbies tried "LSD" for the first time and all threw up).

So I think it would be more desirable, if we can, to keep this thread focused on analytical techniques for discerning between 5-meo-amt and LSD. I think such discussion could potentially be much more usefull in terms of harm reduction, as well as making it harder for unscrupulous dealers to pass of 5-meo-amt as LSD.