• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The LSD testing thread

yeah without going into synthesis too much there are approaches that make racemic and others that favor d....and depending on what acid you use to crystallize you can seperate here as well. Or base catalyzed re-arrangement. And then chromatography to seperate iso. But, like any other drug being made on the black market, quality control aint the highest priority....

Yes but I think you can leave out the distinction between the D and L forms of LSD and iso-LSD. I'm not sure but I think these products are mostly present in racemic proportions so if there is D-LSD there should be an equal amount of L-LSD.
I'm not sure though, some chemical reactions produce unequal proportions of stereoisomers...

I think LSD is usually isomerized into the d-isomer at synthesis. When you start with d-ergotamine tartrate you can only end up with d-LSD.

true, i stand corrected, my bad. I think the chiral centers are at C-5 and C-8 so there is no potential rearrangement during hydrolosis, addition, etc. And only the D-isomers are found in nature, right? but who knows anything about lumi-lsd or any of the other photo addition products? And i have a hard time believing iso-lsd is without ANY activity....

The c-8 center can rearrange in basic conditions (LSD<->iso-LSD) but the c-5 center can't.

Lumi-LSD is the enol tautomer of LSD/iso-LSD.

I don't think iso-LSD has any activity on it's own, but it might have some synergistic effects on LSD.