• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the cimetidine do exactly??
Cimetidine (Tagamet or a generic equivalent) is an antacid that inhibits many enzymes that metabolize substances, opiates especially, therefore lengthening and strengthening the high, so smaller amounts do the same thing, or normal amounts work harder.

Edit: Except codeine. Codeine must be metabolized to become active, so using enzyme inhibitors will weaken its effect.

Cimetidine (Tagamet or a generic equivalent) is an antacid that inhibits many enzymes that metabolize substances, opiates especially, therefore lengthening and strengthening the high, so smaller amounts do the same thing, or normal amounts work harder.

Edit: Except codeine. Codeine must be metabolized to become active, so using enzyme inhibitors will weaken its effect.
Wow, interesting!!

Too bad cimetidine is OTC in the US only

What does the cimetidine do exactly??

To my understanding, it prevents the drug from binding to receptors in the stomach/body region, forcing more of the drug to bind to receptors in the brain, resulting in more psycho-activity and less body load. I feel that it makes the high more (pleasantly) speedy and euphoric, as opposed to analgesic and stoning, at least in my experiments with it. It doesn't make WORLDS of a difference, but there is certainly a significant effect. I also feel that it lengthens the duration of the effect. Remember that all of our bodies are different and your results may vary.

See here for some experiments I reported with cimetidine and kratom: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ienced-Experimenting-with-and-without-Tagamet

To my understanding, it prevents the drug from binding to receptors in the stomach/body region, forcing more of the drug to bind to receptors in the brain, resulting in more psycho-activity and less body load. I feel that it makes the high more (pleasantly) speedy and euphoric, as opposed to analgesic and stoning, at least in my experiments with it. It doesn't make WORLDS of a difference, but there is certainly a significant effect. I also feel that it lengthens the duration of the effect. Remember that all of our bodies are different and your results may vary.

See here for some experiments I reported with cimetidine and kratom: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ienced-Experimenting-with-and-without-Tagamet

Hey Settle_Stranger, I tried to pm you but it says your inbox is full and wont allow me to submit the message.

I was typing out a proper response regarding cimetidine, but I have to leave right now so instead I'm going to paste this:

Wikipedia said:
Cimetidine is a known inhibitor of many isozymes of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system[14] (specifically CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, and CYP3A4). This inhibition forms the basis of the numerous drug interactions that occur between cimetidine and other drugs. For example, cimetidine may decrease metabolism of some drugs, such as those used in hormonal contraception. Cimetidine interferes with metabolism of the hormone estrogen, enhancing estrogen activity. In women, this can lead to galactorrhea, whereas in men, gynecomastia has been reported;[15] during postmarketing surveillance in the 1980s, cases of male sexual dysfunction were also reported.[16][17] Cimetidine also affects the metabolism of methadone, sometimes resulting in higher blood levels and a higher incidence of side effects, and may interact with the antimalarial medication hydroxychloroquine.[18]

Wow, interesting!!

Too bad cimetidine is OTC in the US only
Wow, that is too bad. I'd never have known.
Try Ranitidine (Zantac) and Famotidine (Pepcid). Together they may inhibit sufficient enzymes. Also couldn't hurt to throw in grapefruit juice, since it inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, while most antacids affect other CYPD enzymes.

i've read that omeprazole may potentiate opiates; i take it every couple of days and am kind of sensitive to opiates especially given my experience with them. I also like to throw some benadryl (diphenhydramine) in there, especially with kratom as I get nauseous on doses as low as 6 grams of RVS or even less of MD. I wonder if taking a low dose of dxm + chlorpheniramine maleate as found in triple C's would make a significant impact on kratom, it certainly seems to work well with codeine.

Thank you
Try Ranitidine (Zantac) and Famotidine (Pepcid). Together they may inhibit sufficient enzymes. Also couldn't hurt to throw in grapefruit juice, since it inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, while most antacids affect other CYPD enzymes.
I was thinking about this the other day, now to get some bali.

i've read that omeprazole may potentiate opiates; i take it every couple of days and am kind of sensitive to opiates especially given my experience with them. I also like to throw some benadryl (diphenhydramine) in there, especially with kratom as I get nauseous on doses as low as 6 grams of RVS or even less of MD. I wonder if taking a low dose of dxm + chlorpheniramine maleate as found in triple C's would make a significant impact on kratom, it certainly seems to work well with codeine.
Yes, yes, and yes. It couldn't possibly hurt. I forgot about omeprazole (Prilosec). Try that one as well.
And DXM and antihistamines (normal doses of each) most definitely potentiate opiates, so why wouldn't they potentiate opiOIDS?
Seems logical to me. Take a cocktail of normal adult doses of each, wait 30 minutes to an hour, then consume your usual dose of kratom.

Then come report to us if the effect was strengthened or lengthened substantially.

i figure anything that potentiates opiates will potentiate an opoid but given that kratom has a bunch of alkaloids, i wonder what the actual outcome is especially when mixed with a more 'speedy' strain vs a 'sedating' strain. And then i'm sure it varies by vendor and a bunch of other variables.

I couldn't tell you if they actually make a difference as I always have omeprazole, diphenhydramine and ceterizine in my system (allergies :D). I am however quite sensitive to opiates and can get too high and sick from half of what people call a regular dose. DXM makes a big difference with opiates for me but i think it'd give me too much nausea with kratom and possibly overstimulation depending on strain. I'm guessing promethazine/hydroxyzine are better antihistamines but i can't get them.

perhaps i can put the rest of my kratom to use with different combos of antacids/antihistamines (doxylamine for example) and possibly an nmda antagonist (wouldn't magnesium help in this regard?) and figure out what works best at least for me lol

Kratom doesn't play nice with other stims in my experience.
And the one time I took diphenhydramine to potentiate it, and hopefully get some sleep, I simply had painful tachycardia until my body shut itself down for the night.

Also, when using dxm as a potentiator you don't take a recreational dose. You take 30mg (one triple C is the goto, since it's 30mg dxm and some number of mg of chlorpheniramine maleate.

Edit: So I'm saying it's not likely to cause nausea, unless you're taking 300mg.
Anywhere from 30-100mg is good for potentiation.

Try Ranitidine (Zantac) and Famotidine (Pepcid). Together they may inhibit sufficient enzymes. Also couldn't hurt to throw in grapefruit juice, since it inhibits the cytochrome P450 enzyme, while most antacids affect other CYPD enzymes
Yeah, you Americans might have cimetidine OTC, but we have codeine OTC here in Canada ;)

^ and u can buy ephedrine by the case without anyone caring. The pharmacists always give me a hard time though lol. They should restock based on my buying habits and quit giving me dirty looks while they make money.

Rantidine has about 10% the enzyme inhibitory effects of cimetidine. It won't work in place of cimetidine.

perhaps i can put the rest of my kratom to use with different combos of antacids/antihistamines (doxylamine for example) and possibly an nmda antagonist (wouldn't magnesium help in this regard?) and figure out what works best at least for me lol

Doxylamine increases the kratom sedation pleasantly, in a low dose.

As far as DXM goes, I'd avoid it altogether but if you're going to use it, keep the dosage low as mentioned.

Hey Settle_Stranger, I tried to pm you but it says your inbox is full and wont allow me to submit the message.

Sorry about that, I'll clean it out, try again!

Another question for you experienced kratomers: Do you ever notice that smoking cannabis after kratom has worn off results in pupils re-constricting and some effects returning? For example, I dose on kratom in the morning, pupils constrict, and then by the time I get back home, I noticed my pupils were actually rather dilated from the darkness of my bedroom. I smoked a bowl, and within 5 minutes checked the mirror again, and I looked like I was BLASTED on opiates.

Just an observation.

^I have noticed that effect. It occurs with all opiates and cannabis. Brings it back a little, so to speak.

When my tolerance to both opiates and cannabis is high, the effect is (obviously) diminished.

I tested out some Dramamine with opiates and it enhances it greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it worked for you.

Anyway, back to discussing Kratom.

Status
Not open for further replies.